ADVERTISEMENT

I May be in Minority, but thank you Coach Dimel and Mr. Senter

TenaciousD

Rookie
Jun 28, 2001
El Paso, TX
I for one, am happy we're not in a Bowl Game:

1) Have to make last minute plans to get to Frisco or Albuquerque, with the holidays, why add another stressor
2) A couple weeks of extra practice? BIg deal, that's what Spring Ball is for
3) Is extra TV exposure needed? We have a killer deal with ESPN+ already and we're relegated a a second tier WAC-level conference, so does it really matter?
4) Recruiting? Nah - if kids don't get hyped about playing in front of 7,500 fans in the Sun Bowl, then maybe they are not UTEP Men anyway

I prefer to start prepping for a decent 3-9 campaign in 2023!

1) Have to make last minute plans to get to Frisco or Albuquerque, with the holidays, why add another stressor
3) Is extra TV exposure needed? We have a killer deal with ESPN+ already and we're relegated a a second tier WAC-level conference, so does it really matter?
4) Recruiting? Nah - if kids don't get hyped about playing in front of 7,500 fans in the Sun Bowl, then maybe they are not UTEP Men anyway

Bowl games are meaningless anyways.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Wilson needs to get ahead of this PR problem and just send some type public response to Dimel’s underachieving and total collapse on what should’ve been a successful season.

A good chunk of that indoor stadium was full of enthusiastic Miner fans. They were loud and deserve an explanation on what the top brass expect from Senter and Dimel.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
When the debate is should he be let go or not, at this point- ask yourself if he would stay if another mid or different offer was or is sent his way? - simple answer- change is needed- it really bothered me that he took no responsibility for the season or this loss- blaming refs, technically system like it was sabotaged and losing a 24 point lead after the way the kids played was just weak, period.

I don't mind him bringing up the horrid CUSA refs. The conference refs are bad, really bad. They took took off at least three points off the board with that legal stiff arm by Brownholtz.

That's where Dimel and his staff come in. Up twenty four, your offense is steam rolling the opponent and you blow it?!

So now UTEP's bowl hopes got left into the hands of a CUSA ref who did not know the difference between a stiff arm by a running offensive player and a defender? Even the play by play commentators were stunned by the call.

Yes, Dimel did call out the ref for that. But the refs do not coach the efficiency of a team to maintain a lead or how to come back. How to maintain the clock, save your timeouts, make sure that everyone is executing their positions correctly. That's on the coaching staff and players. But not Dimel, his inefficient coaching allowed CUSA refs to determine the fate of the game.

Wilson needs to get ahead of this PR problem and just send some type public response to Dimel’s underachieving and total collapse on what should’ve been a successful season.

A good chunk of that indoor stadium was full of enthusiastic Miner fans. They were loud and deserve an explanation on what the top brass expect from Senter and Dimel.
Wilson? Who the fvck is Wilson? Oh yeah, our boring as hell President.

Who are the best possible candidates for the football coaching job? Let's hear some names. Push the powers that be to start looking for Dimel's replacement.

Reactions: HtownMarty
Genius? Senter is lucky Golding beat Texas and set of the chain of events that led to his hire here. Otherwise we would be stuck with another of Senter's underachieving coaches thanks to the unexplainable extension Senter gave Terry in the middle of ooc.

Oh, I thought athletics was part of the UTEP community. She sucks ass in that area.
It may not be directly because of her, but since she’s been here football and basketball have both improved. Maybe not at the rate we all expect, but they have. Not defending her, but athletics isn’t her area of expertise. That’s why you hire people to run different departments. Let’s see how next year goes. If they don’t make a bowl next season, Dimel will be gone.

It may not be directly because of her, but since she’s been here football and basketball have both improved. Maybe not at the rate we all expect, but they have. Not defending her, but athletics isn’t her area of expertise. That’s why you hire people to run different departments. Let’s see how next year goes. If they don’t make a bowl next season, Dimel will be gone.
Why wait another year? After 5years you know what you have. And it isn’t good!!

She delegates such duties to Senter. Senter is the lame duck here, not Wilson. You’re barking up the wrong tree.

Senter needs to go but the Golding hire is making him look like a genius

A CEO also delegates responsibilities but at the end of the day, that CEO is responsible for EVERYTHING. Just because she "delegates" doesn't mean she gets a free pass.

Reactions: Lil_Train

I love this post. Hear Hear!

I don’t think you understand. Hiring Golding didn’t require much intelligence. Anyone could see he was the best candidate by a mile.

But overall Senter claims it was his bright idea.
Was he really the best candidate?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT