ADVERTISEMENT

Ideas to help UTEP make money.

Getting the right price point for season tickets is very difficult. If you price it too low then people see the product as cheap and not worth it. If you price it too high then people see it as something they just can't afford. I am of the belief that you keep it towards the higher end but give away a bunch of stuff to fans that attend so that they feel like they are getting more value. Stuff like rally towels, Paydirt Pete beanie baby dolls, thundersticks, coffee mugs, window decals. As the crowds come back they can have less give aways but make them higher quality. They can also run concession specials for games they anticipate will not have large crowds. A third thing to do is sell season tickets in different packages. The Saturday Night Special- includes tickets to every Saturday game, CUSA package-tickets to all the conference games. The small packages should be more expensive then full season tickets but less than individual game tickets. This would enable fans that can't afford full season ticket prices to still be able to attend games, get more fans in the seats, and generate income that would have not been there.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Football will be improved. 6 game wins improved? I am not sure but the O line should be solid because of the veterans who sat out this year due to injuries. As Mortimer said on "Trading Places", "SELL! SELL! SELL!" some season tickets like your life depends on it.

Basketball is going to be like Billy's second year; the hottest ticket in town come this same time next year and back up to 9k avg seating. This has to be one of the best UTEP basketball teams on paper for 19-20 I have seen in years.

Football will be improved. 6 game wins improved? I am not sure but the O line should be solid because of the veterans who sat out this year due to injuries. As Mortimer said on "Trading Places", "SELL! SELL! SELL!" some season tickets like your life depends on it.

Basketball is going to be like Billy's second year; the hottest ticket in town come this same time next year and back up to 9k avg seating. This has to be one of the best UTEP basketball teams on paper for 19-20 I have seen in years.

wasn't that Randolph?

Wanna bet that it won’t? You’re already predicting next year will be great when this season isn’t over and a lot can happen between now and then. 9k ain’t happening

9k is definitely possible. I have talked to a lot people who don't have season tickets and they all say they are very excited about what Rodney Terry has done so far and they will definitely be going to UTEP basketball games again.

9k is definitely possible. I have talked to a lot people who don't have season tickets and they all say they are very excited about what Rodney Terry has done so far and they will definitely be going to UTEP basketball games again.

In the end, Terry and Dimel need to produce. We can have all the hope and expectations we want, and people can say “on paper....” but if they do not improve fans won’t come regardless of the price.

In the end, Terry and Dimel need to produce. We can have all the hope and expectations we want, and people can say “on paper....” but if they do not improve fans won’t come regardless of the price.

That goes without saying.

One of the possible benefits of a guy like Dimel is maybe he produces, likes it here, and stays. A young gun would bolt.

I see this thread has resurrected itself again. Wonder if it will during 2019-20 basketball season?

I have 5 great ideas:

1. Put a Chicos Tacos on campus
2. Put a mini Dave and Buster's/arcade on campus
3. Jordan Palmer holds a QB clinic on campus. Charge a lot of money.
4.Aaron Jones camp
5.Utep track camp also charge a lot of money.

$100 straight athletic fee per student per semester. 25000 students = 5 million a year. Small drops in the bucket...

The vast majority of students don't care about athletics. Why would they pay $100 for something they have no interest in?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT