ADVERTISEMENT

If Utep did build a new football stadium...

Sadly this board and UTEP forums are going to shit with threads like this 😂😂

I dont understand you you guys. If you guys dont like a thread then just skip it and go to the other threads. You don't have to reply or look at it ??? Its like I dont like Walmart. Instead of going to Walmart I go to Target. The great thing about life is we have choices. Some posters seem to not understand this concept. AKA Ncaanowins and orona.

Fili the Sun Bowl has nothing to do with UTEP. The Stadium is owned by
UTEP. The university leases the stadium to the Sunnies for one day a year for a dollar. After the university took the stadium away from the city in 2000 via imminent domain the university has a handshake agreement to lease the stadium to Sunnies one day a year. It is not contractually required. UTEP could the Sunnies packing if they want. The Sun Bowl game will continually fall down the rung of Bowl games. The university shouldn't consider the game in any decisions about the stadium.

If UTEP built a new stadium they would not play in a minor league baseball stadium. They would probably play games in Las Cruces and Midland maybe a game in DFW.

There might be one thing correct about this post, but I haven't found it yet.

• Haha
Reactions: shyminer81
I dont understand you you guys. If you guys dont like a thread then just skip it and go to the other threads. You don't have to reply or look at it ??? Its like I dont like Walmart. Instead of going to Walmart I go to Target. The great thing about life is we have choices. Some posters seem to not understand this concept. AKA Ncaanowins and orona.
These topics should be saved for after UTEPs loss in the CUSA tournament to a week before the first football game. Even then, the topic starter should have some clue about the subject.

We are in the middle of a football season, and you come up with If UTEP builds a new stadium thread??? which #1, it’s never gonna happen, #2 it’s never gonna happen. You are aware the Sun Bowl ain’t going anywhere right?

these threads are fun maybe in April or May, but all I’m saying is no one but a handful have actual meaningful in season takes and views and it’s sucks here now because of small minded threads and soccer threads lol

These topics should be saved for after UTEPs loss in the CUSA tournament to a week before the first football game. Even then, the topic starter should have some clue about the subject.
We had a bye week, so I guess we didn't have a UTEP game from last week to talk about this week.

What you talking about there is another thread about this very same topic. You complain all the time about people should be ignoring threads if they dont like them. But here you are complaning about what you complain about. You dont have to answer to every thread.

This topic is current and on point. People always complaining about the Sun Bowl that it's to big and that we need a smaller stadium. So I want to ask those people where do you want the stadium to be. There have already been some responses, and the only ones complaining is you , Orona and now smallwood . There is another that has complained but I've never seen him before.

We are in the middle of a football season, and you come up with If UTEP builds a new stadium thread??? which #1, it’s never gonna happen, #2 it’s never gonna happen. You are aware the Sun Bowl ain’t going anywhere right?

these threads are fun maybe in April or May, but all I’m saying is no one but a handful have actual meaningful in season takes and views and it’s sucks here now because of small minded threads and soccer threads lol
Plus, I really like the Sun Bowl. I don't want to see it torn down and replaced.

I'd rather have a discussion about what enhancements should be made to the Sun Bowl without tearing it down.

What you talking about there is another thread about this very same topic. You complain all the time about people should be ignoring threads if they dont like them. But here you are complaning about what you complain about. You dont have to answer to every thread.

This topic is current and on point. People always complaining about the Sun Bowl that it's to big and that we need a smaller stadium. So I want to ask those people where do you want the stadium to be. There have already been some responses, and the only ones complaining is you , Orona and now smallwood . There is another that has complained but I've never seen him before.
If the metal benches were replaced with seat-backs like FAU has, that would reduce capacity while improving the fan experience, all without tearing down the stadium.

How much would such a project cost? I'm guessing it's not so easy to remove all those benches, but it should still be cheaper than demolishing the Sun Bowl and building a new stadium.

Reactions: MinerManiac
LED lighting?

I'm convinced @Minerinciter sells led systems
I did not bring up anything about #LED, but since you asked by popular request:

"A total of 324 floodlights will be mounted on the underside of the stadium’s roof in clusters of six. The optically advanced LED system will require only 450kW of power, which is around 50% less energy consumption than a traditional metal halide floodlighting system.

Our state-of-the-art new stadium is set to open this summer and will also play host to NFL matches, music concerts and a range of other events, creating a new world-class sports and entertainment venue for London."

The lighting meets all UEFA and NFL requirements as well as having the ability to produce incredible light shows that can be used for a range of major events.

I did not bring up anything about #LED, but since you asked by popular request:

"A total of 324 floodlights will be mounted on the underside of the stadium’s roof in clusters of six. The optically advanced LED system will require only 450kW of power, which is around 50% less energy consumption than a traditional metal halide floodlighting system.

Our state-of-the-art new stadium is set to open this summer and will also play host to NFL matches, music concerts and a range of other events, creating a new world-class sports and entertainment venue for London."

The lighting meets all UEFA and NFL requirements as well as having the ability to produce incredible light shows that can be used for a range of major events.

So in your opinion what would it cost to do led for the Sun Bowl?

Be ready for any feedback you post on a public forum. Good or bad.

Reactions: mikesarabia
And how much energy savings would that entail? How many years would it take for the LED lights to pay for themselves due to the energy savings?

If the LED lights truly save money in the long term, it should be an easy sell.

And how much energy savings would that entail? How many years would it take for the LED lights to pay for themselves due to the energy savings?

If the LED lights truly save money in the long term, it should be an easy sell.

Middle Tennessee State costs to install LED lighting at Floyd Stadium and other athletic facilities: (basketball, baseball, track).
$1,500,000.00

ADVERTISEMENT