ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP replaces the Texas Tech game....

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
Here are some realistic possibilities. Of course the season may not be played at all but if some games are played, early season games have the best chance. We still have not heard any announcement of how the MWC will handle their scheduling. Our game at Nevada is still on the schedule but that could change. NMSU is apparently going ahead, as of now, and planning to play. With all that in mind, here are the most likely possibilities for UTEP's replacement for the Tech game, IMHO.

1. Abilene Christian. An FCS opponent that has an opening and is available on 9/5. They were 5-7 last season and lose quite a bit from that team. Their starting QB transferred to La Tech. Might be the best chance for UTEP to start the season with a win, although we know from experience that does not always work out for the Miners. AC did whip HBU last season by a bunch while UTEP struggled to be the Huskies.

2. UNM. The Lobos are nearly as bad as the Miners and they lost an opponent from the SEC. They have an opening on 9/5 as well.

3. BYU. The Cougars have lost a slew of scheduled games and could schedule UTEP either in El Paso or Provo. Good FB name but least likely chance for a win by the Miners.

I don’t think it makes financial sense for UTEP to schedule a home game. Play at BYU and cross your fingers they actually play. It would be on a real ESPN channel at least.

Someone like Abilene Christian would be good. It would also serve as a measuring stick. We should be able to comfortably beat a bottom tier southland team. If we struggle or lose then that’s all we need to know about the Dimel era.

Going with a road game will cause havoc for those with season tickets. Needs to be at home and don't care who it is. I would be happy with a ACU, Sam Houston or SFA , but beware they can from time to time be very tough opponents and a loss to one of them could further solidify poor perceptions of UTEP in the state.

Reactions: minermx07
Going with a road game will cause havoc for those with season tickets. Needs to be at home and don't care who it is. I would be happy with a ACU, Sam Houston or SFA , but beware they can from time to time be very tough opponents and a loss to one of them could further solidify poor perceptions of UTEP in the state.

Season tickets? You think people are going to the few games that will be played? Lololllolololloll

Reactions: Autograph Boy
People go to protests and political rallies. I don’t get why the concept of someone attending a sporting event is so foreign. If fans are allowed there will be some that attend.

That’s not what the current data says. You’re one of those guys that goes off the latest news, even if it’s five years old. Until told otherwise, fans are allowed.

It’s exactly what current data says. The Locomotive isn’t allowing fans to their games. Which major sporting event is allowing fans to games?

It’s exactly what current data says. The Locomotive isn’t allowing fans to their games. Which major sporting event is allowing fans to games?
Texas has said they will allow 50% capacity. Other universities have set their own capacity limitations. I don’t think I’ve heard of any FBS university say they will operate with no fans. USL allows fans. It’s up to each team.

Reactions: EP Maximus
Texas has said they will allow 50% capacity. Other universities have set their own capacity limitations. I don’t think I’ve heard of any FBS university say they will operate with no fans. USL allows fans. It’s up to each team.

That’s what they’re saying right now. If you actually believe that, then that’s you. There’s a small chance that a handful of games will be played, in my opinion, there’s 0% chance of the season getting played as they have it structured now.

Name your bet for the first UT home game. I bet there will be less than 50% capacity or it won’t even be played.

That’s what they’re saying right now. If you actually believe that, then that’s you. There’s a small chance that a handful of games will be played, in my opinion, there’s 0% chance of the season getting played as they have it structured now.

Name your bet for the first UT home game. I bet there will be less than 50% capacity or it won’t even be played.
Your bias on information selection is amazing. Loco said five years ago that maybe they’ll take it to the voters and five years later you still believe that. A university says a few days ago they will allow fans but that’s not believable.

And now it’s less than 50%. A few post ago it was no fans. Make up your mind.

Your bias on information selection is amazing. Loco said five years ago that maybe they’ll take it to the voters and five years later you still believe that. A university says a few days ago they will allow fans but that’s not believable.

And now it’s less than 50%. A few post ago it was no fans. Make up your mind.

Do you want to bet or not? You’re the one saying that there will be 50%, which is what, 50,000 people.

You didn’t answer my bet on the Locos either. I bet they will not build a stadium for them in 10 years. Doesn’t matter who is paying for it.

You don’t stand by your statements, I’m always willing to

Do you want to bet or not? You’re the one saying that there will be 50%, which is what, 50,000 people.

You didn’t answer my bet on the Locos either. I bet they will not build a stadium for them in 10 years. Doesn’t matter who is paying for it.

You don’t stand by your statements, I’m always willing to
I’ll take both bets. Locomotive will have a stadium within a decade.

Fans will be at the game if played. Stand by your statement of no fans. 50% is what Texas said not me.

I’ll take both bets. Locomotive will have a stadium within a decade.

Fans will be at the game if played. Stand by your statement of no fans. 50% is what Texas said not me.

What’s the wager on the Locomotive? They will not be playing in a soccer specific stadium for them by the time the 2030 season ends. ***Only applies to a USL championship or similar “2nd division league” team***

For Texas, it’s less than 50% or not played. It’s possible that a “few hundred” could be in there. It definitely won’t be “close” to 50. You’re the one saying UT is saying 50%.

What’s the wager on the Locomotive? They will not be playing in a soccer specific stadium for them by the time the 2030 season ends. ***Only applies to a USL championship or similar “2nd division league” team***

For Texas, it’s less than 50% or not played. It’s possible that a “few hundred” could be in there. It definitely won’t be “close” to 50. You’re the one saying UT is saying 50%.
That’s what I thought. First you make big claims like “they (fans) will not be allowed” but when it comes time to back it up you back out.

I don’t know if they are going to actually play the games or not but I can’t see UTEP allowing fans. Not in one months time. Things are not getting better. I can’t see it happening.

Yeah because 200 people in a 95,000 seat stadium means fans were “allowed”. It’s either less than 50% or not played. If you don’t want to bet that, concentrate on the Loco bet and move on
Like I said you say something and then back out. The bet is no fans vs some fans. If you’re too chicken to take it then stop sprouting your bogus information. You wanna call someone out and matter of fact say there will be no fans then stand by your original statement. I’m sticking by mine. Here it is to remind you.
If fans are allowed there will be some that attend.

Like I said you say something and then back out. The bet is no fans vs some fans. If you’re too chicken to take it then stop sprouting your bogus information. You wanna call someone out and matter of fact say there will be no fans then stand by your original statement. I’m sticking by mine. Here it is to remind you.

I will bet that there will be less than 50 percent capacity.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I will bet that there will be less than 50 percent capacity.
That’s not what I claimed when your master responded to me and said there will be no fans. Either he sticks to his original statement or he can shut up and stop pretending he knows everything.

I’m sticking to my original comment.

That’s not what I claimed when your master responded to me and said there will be no fans. Either he sticks to his original statement or he can shut up and stop pretending he knows everything.

You could have just said no. Maybe you should have listened to Nancy Reagan when she said "just say no".

Reactions: JCorona
Same for him. He could have just shut up from the beginning instead of thinking his words are prophetic and set in stone.

You could have just said no. Maybe you should have listened to Nancy Reagan when she said "just say no".

My master? LMAO

Are you on drugs? Oh wait.....

I rather be on the drugs than his little puppy. Anywhere Nowins posts AB shows up to give him likes. Even when he’s wrong.

So you would rather die than agree with somebody on a message board.

That actually makes sense from somebody who had a drug addiction.

Looks like you are. I know of a lot of celebrities that smoke more and have for a lot longer and they’re still around living into the golden years. Somehow I’m gonna die.

That's an anomaly.

But do what you want. If you want to live a shorter life and develop a myriad of health problems, then do it.

I don’t know if they are going to actually play the games or not but I can’t see UTEP allowing fans. Not in one months time. Things are not getting better. I can’t see it happening.
If some football games are actually played, the people at most risk are not the fans but the players, coaches, trainers. I see no reason why UTEP can't allow 10-15k fans in the stands. Family groups sitting together, some spreading between groups, open air stadium, require masks. Much safer in those stands than in those locker rooms, huddles and lines of scrimmage.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Here are some realistic possibilities. Of course the season may not be played at all but if some games are played, early season games have the best chance. We still have not heard any announcement of how the MWC will handle their scheduling. Our game at Nevada is still on the schedule but that could change. NMSU is apparently going ahead, as of now, and planning to play. With all that in mind, here are the most likely possibilities for UTEP's replacement for the Tech game, IMHO.

1. Abilene Christian. An FCS opponent that has an opening and is available on 9/5. They were 5-7 last season and lose quite a bit from that team. Their starting QB transferred to La Tech. Might be the best chance for UTEP to start the season with a win, although we know from experience that does not always work out for the Miners. AC did whip HBU last season by a bunch while UTEP struggled to be the Huskies.

2. UNM. The Lobos are nearly as bad as the Miners and they lost an opponent from the SEC. They have an opening on 9/5 as well.

3. BYU. The Cougars have lost a slew of scheduled games and could schedule UTEP either in El Paso or Provo. Good FB name but least likely chance for a win by the Miners.
Looks like UNM is off the table. The MWC has announced they will play 8 conference games plus 2 OOC games. UNM already has 3 OOC games scheduled. Our game with Nevada is 1 of 3 they have scheduled so they will have to drop 1. They might keep UTEP to avoid their long trip to USF but we don't know yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT