ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP replaces the Texas Tech game....

If some football games are actually played, the people at most risk are not the fans but the players, coaches, trainers. I see no reason why UTEP can't allow 10-15k fans in the stands. Family groups sitting together, some spreading between groups, open air stadium, require masks. Much safer in those stands than in those locker rooms, huddles and lines of scrimmage.

A typical UTEP football game, but now you just have to wear a mask.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Well it is a pretty unusual season, don't you think? Someone on this board suggested UTEP and NMSU play each other twice this season due to the unusual circumstances. Not a bad idea.

Just goes to show you that we shouldn’t be holding any superiority complex over NMSU. Unusual season or not, MTSU and Troy resorted to doing the H/H thing.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Not really. You are definitely too quick to criticize UTEP. USM was hit with cancellations earlier than UTEP. UTEP just learned of the Tech cancellation a couple of days ago and the Nevada cancellation less than a day ago. Give em a little time for Pete's sake.

That’s fair I suppose. Though there’s no story about the Tech game or comment from Senter on the UTEP website about it. Even if it’s AD speak, they could put something on THEIR website.

I haven’t looked into it but why is the Nevada game canceled? The MW allows for two non conference games. Why would you they give up an easy home win over an fbs team?

That’s fair I suppose. Though there’s no story about the Tech game or comment from Senter on the UTEP website about it. Even if it’s AD speak, they could put something on THEIR website.
The only thing we've seen from Senter is that statement he released saying they will let us know as soon as they have updates on scheduling.

USM had 2 full weeks to work on replacing their fcs game and 1 full week to replace the cancelled Auburn game. Hopefully UTEP will add a home fcs to help the team to prepare for the season.

I haven’t looked into it but why is the Nevada game canceled? The MW allows for two non conference games. Why would you they give up an easy home win over an fbs team?
It was cancelled because the mwc said teams could not start their season prior to 9/26. Might be hard for them to get 2 OOC games after that date.

Reactions: JCorona
If the season is cancelled do you think the players will get an extra year of eligibilty? If yes how will that effect the next recruiting cycles, transfers and coaches contracts?

If the season is cancelled do you think the players will get an extra year of eligibilty? If yes how will that effect the next recruiting cycles, transfers and coaches contracts?

Unknown. A big mess coming up if not many games are played. At smaller levels, I would think most football players would move on, instead of playing another year if they’re a good student. Who knows though.

Most contracts have "act of God" clauses in them just like employers have "conduct clauses" that let them terminate the contract if someone is caught with a DUI or like Price, with someone "that is not the spouse".

Players will get an extra year I'm sure. For BYU that maybe someone in their late 20's by the time eligibility is done for that program.

Most contracts have "act of God" clauses in them just like employers have "conduct clauses" that let them terminate the contract if someone is caught with a DUI or like Price, with someone "that is not the spouse".

Players will get an extra year I'm sure. For BYU that maybe someone in their late 20's by the time eligibility is done for that program.
If you have 20-25 seniors that should be leaving the program and you have to keep them an extra year, what happens to the approx 25 new players you recruit? Do they just get left out or do you move the 85 scholarship level to 110? If you do that, schools are on the hook for more schollies until the level comes down again, which is when exactly?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT