ADVERTISEMENT

I'm telling ya, he will be UTEP's version of Keith Van Horn

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001

This is what Josh McSwiggan will be bringing to UTEP. I remember Van Horn when he played UTEP at the DHC years back and thinking "Damn, this freshman is killing us!" Great fundamentals, height, athleticism and court savy that reminds me of Van Horn and former Miner Derrick Caracter (but Caracter couldn't dribble like McSwiggan)

Really intriguing player. This team has the potential to be so much more versatile than we've seen in recent history. Still, Matt's loss will hurt. Brodrick will have some growing pains, no matter how talented he's touted to be. I see Omega's loss as a sort of blessing. It will give that much more needed minutes to the new guys and Touchet. Can't wait....but football first!

Reactions: miner1liner
To be determined 2step. Way too early to compare him to Van Horn based on 1 move from a highlight video. I am going to take my son to memorial gym and record him making a 3 pointer and say he is going to be the next Steve Kerr.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Two kids wake up on Christmas morning and notice excrement under the tree.

One says, "Santa brought us a pony!"

The other replies, "No, the dog shit on the rug."

I'm not a fan of making comparisons when he hasn't even played a minute of college basketball. I hope he does well, but let's wait to see how he does here first.

Relax Bob. I'm making the leap of faith because if you follow European basketball, young men at the level McSwiggan play at are waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more fundamentally sound as compared to a 4 to 5 star power forward from Los Angeles or the Bronx.

So, STFU

To be determined 2step. Way too early to compare him to Van Horn based on 1 move from a highlight video. I am going to take my son to memorial gym and record him making a 3 pointer and say he is going to be the next Steve Kerr.

See my comments above. And please you two, sports outlets compliment UTEP basketball fans as purists and you two are an insult because you two refuse to do any kind of referencing or research. 1) It is clearly obvious you two dunderheads never saw Van Horn as a freshman, right? 2) Do you follow international basketball at all? Didn't think so. So, go take your boy to Memorial and you and he can pretend that maybe, he will be good enough to wipe the sweat off the floor at the DHC during a game.

Maybe my eyes are old, but didn't he put both hands on the ball before his cross-over? Still a nice move..not Tim Hardaway, but nice.

See my comments above. And please you two, sports outlets compliment UTEP basketball fans as purists and you two are an insult because you two refuse to do any kind of referencing or research. 1) It is clearly obvious you two dunderheads never saw Van Horn as a freshman, right? 2) Do you follow international basketball at all? Didn't think so. So, go take your boy to Memorial and you and he can pretend that maybe, he will be good enough to wipe the sweat off the floor at the DHC during a game.
Yes I saw Van Horn play as a Freshman, and no I don't follow international basketball, so WTF does that have to do with anything? Have you seen McSwiggin play in a UTEP uniform? Have you seen him play at the college level? You see one highlight and now we have a future Van Horn on the team????????? haha dumb ass. Is that what you did with you kid....pretend he was good enough to wipe the sweat off the DHC floor?

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT