ADVERTISEMENT

In December UTEP FB will either be in Bowl or hiring a new coach

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
So either way, next December will be an exciting time for Miner football fans. Just as interest in our mbb program has taken off due to this coaching search
and the hiring of Golding, a winning season or search for a new fb coach will spark interest in our fb program. I just hope that if its a coaching search that Senter has learned to go after someone that will bring excitement to UTEP football.

I think they go bowling and Dimel is offered a bigger job. Then Utep will still be looking for new coach.

I’m curious to know how this plays out. “If” he goes to a bowl game would anyone here be confident enough to extend him? And if so, for how long? Plus, UTEP would have to looks VERY good for another school to think about poaching Dimel.

In starting this thread never did i anticipate someone would believe Dimel would be poached after 3 losing seasons followed by an appearance by UTEP in the Hawaii or New Mexico Bowl.

Now if Dimel's Miners go undefeated and clobbers Alabama in the Access Bowl.... then maybe.

In starting this thread never did i anticipate someone would believe Dimel would be poached after 3 losing seasons followed by an appearance by UTEP in the Hawaii or New Mexico Bowl.

Now if Dimel's Miners go undefeated and clobbers Alabama in the Access Bowl.... then maybe.
Exactly. Only a slow person would hire Dimel. It was universally hated here, imagine some other bonehead AD hiring after winning 2 FBS game his first 3 seasons.

Reactions: kickballpro
If Dimel goes 8-4 extend 2 years. 6-6 let him finish out contract. Only way he's fired is 3 wins or less.

At that point, you have no choice but to make a coaching change. Your coaches are spending recruiting money that they will use for their next school.
You may be right but I see Senter sticking with his coaches unless it's a complete disaster of a season.

Please tell me. What size of bus did you ride when you were younger? Have you ever worn a helmet while walking around your house?
I don't know about him getting a bigger job, but a bowl is not out of the realm of possibility. It should actually be expected. Core of the team coming back and retuning players off injury and who opted out. Coming off a year where if they win one more game in a tough season with only 2 home games, they go bowling. It should be bowl or bust this year for Dimel.

Reactions: kickballpro
I don't know about him getting a bigger job, but a bowl is not out of the realm of possibility. It should actually be expected. Core of the team coming back and retuning players off injury and who opted out. Coming off a year where if they win one more game in a tough season with only 2 home games, they go bowling. It should be bowl or bust this year for Dimel.
Sure, a bowl is possible. Not like they’re that hard to get. But yeah, the thought of him getting another job is laughable.

Reactions: nattybry
I think they go bowling and Dimel is offered a bigger job. Then Utep will still be looking for new coach.
LOL, who's going to offer Dimel a better job if he somehow scrapes together 6 wins in his fourth season at UTEP? Who's going to look at Dimel's one conference win in his first three seasons and say, "Yes, that's the kind of rebuild we want."?

Disagree, based on last year and what returns
Based on what from last year? We handled the worst FBS team but struggled against two FCS teams. 3 wins is a strong possibility. If our qb goes down early then it's a guarantee.

Based on what from last year? We handled the worst FBS team but struggled against two FCS teams. 3 wins is a strong possibility. If our qb goes down early then it's a guarantee.
I'll take the bet the over on 3 1/2 games $100, that way there's no ties Corona, friendly bet?

So you have nothing to base it on? Make it 3 conference games and I'm in.
I base it on what I saw as an improved team last year and had they played more home games would've had a winning record in my opinion. I'll go over 4.5 games over all do basically I'm saying they got win at least 5 for me to win. Seems fair based on your belief of how bad they'll be.

Reactions: JCorona
I base it on what I saw as an improved team last year and had they played more home games would've had a winning record in my opinion. I'll go over 4.5 games over all do basically I'm saying they got win at least 5 for me to win. Seems fair based on your belief of how bad they'll be.
That sounds good. The nmsu and Bethune game should be two easy fcs wins. I think they'll win 4-6 games this season. That's fair.

Reactions: nattybry
I bought my season tickets early. I have Covid anxiety and just want to sit in the Sunny. I can see 4 games tops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT