Apologies if I am mentioning comments already posted by others.
- Apparently, the PA Announcer “always gets a headache” after his pre-game introductions, Dude watch the “hot mic”, we all heard it.
- As expected, someone forgot to hit a button to pipe in Teicher the first few minutes of the game so just silence and the PA guy announcing fouls. I saw MinerManiac noticed this as well.
- I like the pressure defense and over-denying the wings, however a telling stat is Bienemy had 6.4 fouls per 40 min, White was at 7.1 F/40, Giffa was 6.7/40 (per 40 so you have a comparative number)– so we can expect more fouls on our guards as they reach or hold when guys try to roll by them – something that needs to be cleaned up – otherwise we’ll be putting teams at the line quite a bit as we hit the bonus earlier in the half. And typically guards shoot better FT’s vs bigs, so we’ll be putting better FT shooters at the line earlier as well.
- Under 60% from the line, I know Boum is at the 90% mark, but Kalu and Maring will need to hit a few, Verhoeven as well.
- Offensively was a bit rough at times and lacked fluidity, but I would expect that to improve in the next few games as the rotations are set and Boum is in the lineup.
- From watching practice clips online, I see practices are high energy, I didn’t see that to start the game, seemed a bit lackluster. I was expecting to see similar energy.