ADVERTISEMENT

Is Romine ready?

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
Hate to see his redshirt burned, but not sure of any other options should Jones be out with a torn ACL.

It is a horrible turn of events--Jones was just starting to look comfortable on the court. This will be a setback no matter what the outcome.

I guess we will find out!! Just watching him warm up he looks a tad bit slow but hopefully I am dead wrong! Hopefully he can come in and contribute because if we are stuck with vint and that other person what is it venegas? We are screwed!! What was the name of the kid that is supposedly sitting out this year but I heard was better than our current centers??

Ahhhhh that's right!! Is he a for sure thing next year??? As in will be on the team? I had forgotten about him and couldn't figure out why Floyd didn't sign a big

Romaine is not ready nor is Thomas, but they gonna have to grow up fast and learn on the job. Thomas is probably more talented, but Romaine will be ok n provide some rebounds n blocks hopefully

Disagree about PT. He has some improving to do, especially on the defensive end, but the kid will have a few 12-15 point games this season, as a true fresh. He is a legitimate scorer, and with CTF coaching, his D will improve over the course of the year.

We are going to need some points coming from the front court and right now we have Vint, who will give us some, and with Jones out, we have Thomas. Having watched Winn, it is evident he is not much of a scoring threat. PT will end up being more valuable than we know, is my guess.

Disagree about PT. He has some improving to do, especially on the defensive end, but the kid will have a few 12-15 point games this season, as a true fresh. He is a legitimate scorer, and with CTF coaching, his D will improve over the course of the year.

We are going to need some points coming from the front court and right now we have Vint, who will give us some, and with Jones out, we have Thomas. Having watched Winn, it is evident he is not much of a scoring threat. PT will end up being more valuable than we know, is my guess.
What do u disagree with? I didn't say he's not gonna be good and he's not already improving? I'm saying very few freshman big men are ready when the season starts, but Floyd has no choice to throw them in there right now and have them learn on the fly with more minutes than he'd probably prefer.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I disagree I think out of all the freshman bigs Paul Thomas is the one most ready to contribute

I think Winn needs to recognize he's not much of a scoring threat and recognize that his role is going to have to be a rebounder and defender, the dirty work that needs to be done.

What do u disagree with? I didn't say he's not gonna be good and he's not already improving? I'm saying very few freshman big men are ready when the season starts, but Floyd has no choice to throw them in there right now and have them learn on the fly with more minutes than he'd probably prefer.

I disagree with your statement that Thomas is not ready. I think he is. I only talked about his ceiling for improvement because...well...he needs to improve.

Perhaps I should have prefaced my statement with "I respectfully have to disagree...".

I think Winn needs to recognize he's not much of a scoring threat and recognize that his role is going to have to be a rebounder and defender, the dirty work that needs to be done.

Word! That's exactly my thought on Winn. Become a Charles Barkley, or Rodman type of rebounder. Clear some space with that 6'7", 240 pound body and go get what's yours, Winn!

I disagree with your statement that Thomas is not ready. I think he is. I only talked about his ceiling for improvement because...well...he needs to improve.

Perhaps I should have prefaced my statement with "I respectfully have to disagree...".
I haven't watched enough to say that I guess time will tell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT