• 6-8 wins

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • 4-5 wins

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 3 or less wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anybody bought the football opener deal for $20? It says that you will receive a free 915 Tshirt with the purchase of the home opener but when I bought it , it doesn’t tell you if they are going to ship it or pick it up? Anybody bought this offer on the UTEP website?
UTEP 6-6

Sticking to my earlier "guess" of 9 wins. Losses to OU, Boise St (an upset possible here) and at UTSA (another possible upset). So 9-3 plus a bowl win.

Reactions: utep-piggy
I think we'll be lucky to hit 6. Good teams had their way with us. We struggled against bad teams. I keep thinking of our stagnant offense and the stretches it couldn't do anything. Take away our beat weapon, mix in a tougher schedule and there's no way I see the win total improved from last year.

Reactions: axingfools1
It's UTEP football. An alcoholic beverage will always be in arms length. Good or bad.

Has anybody bought the football opener deal for $20? It says that you will receive a free 915 Tshirt with the purchase of the home opener but when I bought it , it doesn’t tell you if they are going to ship it or pick it up? Anybody bought this offer on the UTEP website?
UTEP 6-6
"915 T-Shirt and Ticket Package
LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE!

1. Enter Promo Code: TSHIRT to receive the special rate
2. Select the number of tickets you desire
3. Select the equal number of Shirts that you purchase tickets
4. Select your T-Shirt Sizing
5. Enter your Payment Information"

"915 T-Shirt and Ticket Package
LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE!

1. Enter Promo Code: TSHIRT to receive the special rate
2. Select the number of tickets you desire
3. Select the equal number of Shirts that you purchase tickets
4. Select your T-Shirt Sizing
5. Enter your Payment Information"
Thanks for not answering his question and quoting it.

I bought 4 at AJ’s place, said they were unsure how they would get the shirts to us. Just promised we would have them before the game. Still haven’t heard anything!

Reactions: utep101
I think this will be a good season. At least in terms of the Miners. 7-5 with a bowl victory so 8-5. Practice just started and season is a month a way!
According to Bloomquist, JUCO’s battling for starting db positions and there is a battle for 3 & 4 spots at wr (Flores moved to wr from his backfield position last year). The D line is the anchor but secondary is not solidified. JC transfer Hylton appears to be the starter for Inyang according to Bloomquist.

One thing I noticed this week is Dimel appears to be more reserved in his coach speak. Confidence doesn’t appear to be an issue with this team (from how he talks), it’s all the new faces mixing in with the many returning faces. Can they get over the hump and pull out more wins? IMO, that’s on him. He has the athletes. But under Dimel they showed inefficiency too many times. Blown coverages when the game is the line, stalled offensive drives from stupid penalties and departures from effective plays. Bloomquist stated in his article that Hankins is #1 with Awatt #2. Will Hankins stay healthy? Will Dimel ground and pound with Awatt when he is effectively moving the ball in chunks like he has shown many times or will Dimel depart for home run passes relying on Hardison’s bazooka arm? We don’t have Cowing and the analysis on here is mixed on the wr corp.

The Gorilla in the room.

UTEP doesn’t want to talk about it but it’s there on fans minds, his prior mid major gigs that didn’t end well. We get it, he learned and leaned on from a legend in Snyder but when it was looking like he was turning things around at his prior gigs he fell on his face. This monkey is on his back. UTEP fans are buying tickets, can he feed the beast? True ticket buying fans like Corona have legit pessimism. The Fresno game gave a taste what Dimel can put together against a good team…..true Miner fight! Blow for blow. But he’s also shown he is not consistent.

This is UTSA’s season to lose. They are riding high and rightly so. Will it be cannibalistic like CUSA basketball? No. UTSA lost their stud RB but they are running like a smooth engine. UAB has new faces on staff but always have P5 quality players. I do expect Dimel to put a competitive game every night (except against OU). 7 wins is achievable only if the injury bug is low. Dimel says he has built depth but ready to come in with smooth transition in important games? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTMiner61
This team lives and dies with the defense, not Hardison. I think they’ll deliver again this year but the loss of Cowing still hurts so it’s a wash in terms of tangible improvement. 7 wins.

Reactions: utep2step
5 wins only if Dimel implements last year’s terrible offensive scheme that starved the offense of easy scores and yardage by failing to utilize high percentage throws to the RBs, tight ends, slot recievers, and WR.
Agree 110%. That’s efficiency. The ironic thing is that is the intent of the RPO.

Reactions: axingfools1
i didnt know the OU game was going to be on regular Fox.

Has Utep ever played on a non cable major network?

Um yeah, the last time they played OU. Big fan!!!
wasnt that game on FS1?

i just checked and it was on Fox.
Utep should play OU more often and get that TV money. With OU going to the SEC the pay out will probably be bigger.

Last edited:
I really want to be confident enough to say UTEP will win with a meaningful game with a big crowd, but right now I am not confident enough. I could see UTEP go bowling, but right now I don't have the confidence to say more than 5 wins. The UNT game is a huge game and will provide the groundwork for the season. A win would be great and would would bring more fans to future games. A loss will turn away a lot of fans.

I really hope my prediction is wrong!

UNT- L
OU- L
NMSU- W
UNM- W
Boise State- L
Charlotte- L
LA Tech- L
FAU- L
MTSU- W
Rice- W
FIU- W
UTSA- L

I really want to be confident enough to say UTEP will win with a meaningful game with a big crowd, but right now I am not confident enough. I could see UTEP go bowling, but right now I don't have the confidence to say more than 5 wins. The UNT game is a huge game and will provide the groundwork for the season. A win would be great and would would bring more fans to future games. A loss will turn away a lot of fans.

I really hope my prediction is wrong!

UNT- L
OU- L
NMSU- W
UNM- W
Boise State- L
Charlotte- L
LA Tech- L
FAU- L
MTSU- W
Rice- W
FIU- W
UTSA- L
i thought you werent going to reply to me again??

Has anybody heard more regarding our WR group and specifically 6'4" WR Ballard. I thought a few in here mentioned that he was really good, but I dont see him listed as a starter. I see Alharaiyi (ahead of Flores) and Clarke (ahead of Ballard). Also Bellon as PR (had 6 returns for a TD last year in JC).

Check out: https://krod.com/utep-offense-shows-promise-ahead-of-2022-season/

Has anybody heard more regarding our WR group and specifically 6'4" WR Ballard. I thought a few in here mentioned that he was really good, but I dont see him listed as a starter. I see Alharaiyi (ahead of Flores) and Clarke (ahead of Ballard). Also Bellon as PR (had 6 returns for a TD last year in JC).

Check out: https://krod.com/utep-offense-shows-promise-ahead-of-2022-season/
He's not very good. Gets out muscled a lot and isn't very explosive in leaping or speed. The wide receiver group as a whole is going to be a bit of a struggle. There are a few guys that are decently explosive but don't seem to catch the ball very consistently in practice. I actually think the best dude is this white dude that transferred in from TCU. Strictly as a route runner he is quite nasty. He seems to be out of position a lot when doing team stuff. Hopefully he can figure that out because he could be good in the spot.

Western Kentucky transfer Kyle McNamara:

"Western Kentucky transfer Kyle McNamara:"

"The brother of Michigan-bound Cade McNamara, Kyle is a great route runner and (has) awareness in the open field as a slot-style pass catcher. After the catch, he is a plant-and-go style runner with impressive acceleration and good vision in space."

"The brother of Michigan-bound Cade McNamara, Kyle is a great route runner and (has) awareness in the open field as a slot-style pass catcher. After the catch, he is a plant-and-go style runner with impressive acceleration and good vision in space."

Is he eligible this season? I haven’t seen him mentioned in any news articles and he isn’t listed on the two-deep roster.

That was not a real offer. There's a reason he didn't play at Western Kentucky. He's not very explosive. He's probably one of the slowest WRs and isn't very big. He does however, have really nice hands. I can't recall a single drop from him in the practices that I've seen. Problem though, is they are well covered routes against our third and fourth string CBs. If you can't create separation against dudes that'll most likely never play, it's going to be tough to put him in. His brother looks like he could be the real deal in a few years.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
He's not very good. Gets out muscled a lot and isn't very explosive in leaping or speed. The wide receiver group as a whole is going to be a bit of a struggle. There are a few guys that are decently explosive but don't seem to catch the ball very consistently in practice. I actually think the best dude is this white dude that transferred in from TCU. Strictly as a route runner he is quite nasty. He seems to be out of position a lot when doing team stuff. Hopefully he can figure that out because he could be good in the spot.
So you have been in all of the practices?? You know some players dont go 100% in practice and dont go full speed. Practice speed vs game speed is different dont you think??

So you have been in all of the practices?? You know some players dont go 100% in practice and dont go full speed. Practice speed vs game speed is different dont you think??
I haven't been to all of them. Since spring, I've missed probably 5-8 practices. As for not going 100%. That would be pretty stupid of a player that is fighting for a spot on the field. There are guys though that know they'll never play and this just enjoy their time with the team. The Ballard kid is in a fight to get on the field. He's just going to need more time in the weight room before we can count on him. It's not impossible for him to add 15lbs of muscle between now and next season. That would allow him to use his big frame as a possession receiver.

Reactions: denverutep
I haven't been to all of them. Since spring, I've missed probably 5-8 practices. As for not going 100%. That would be pretty stupid of a player that is fighting for a spot on the field. There are guys though that know they'll never play and this just enjoy their time with the team. The Ballard kid is in a fight to get on the field. He's just going to need more time in the weight room before we can count on him. It's not impossible for him to add 15lbs of muscle between now and next season. That would allow him to use his big frame as a possession receiver.
So your making this assumption from Spring ball?? Lol It wasnt even a real game if I'm not mistaken?? Wasnt it just drills?

So your making this assumption from Spring ball?? Lol It wasnt even a real game if I'm not mistaken?? Wasnt it just drills?
Really? You’re not making the connection taco spelled out plain and simple for you. Regardless of whether it drills or an intra-squad scrimmage, who gets on the field is determined by how well they do their jobs in those situations. It’s about the ONLY way to know who belongs on the field.

College sports, believe it or not, do not at all resemble your casual men’s league at the local Y.

Really? You’re not making the connection taco spelled out plain and simple for you. Regardless of whether it drills or an intra-squad scrimmage, who gets on the field is determined by how well they do their jobs in those situations. It’s about the ONLY way to know who belongs on the field.

College sports, believe it or not, do not at all resemble your casual men’s league at the local Y.
Well I dont believe him. I will wait and see how he does during a game.He said he hasn't been to a practice since spring and hasn't been to all the practices .So I'm guessing he just went to the spring game. My guess is that Ballard starts and is productive. In one of the interviews i saw with the DBs , I forgot his name he said that the DBs were behind. I take that as the WRs are doing better.

Well I dont believe him. I will wait and see how he does during a game.He said he hasn't been to a practice since spring and hasn't been to all the practices .So I'm guessing he just went to the spring game. My guess is that Ballard starts and is productive. In one of the interviews i saw with the DBs , I forgot his name he said that the DBs were behind. I take that as the WRs are doing better.
Please reread what I posted. No where did I say I haven't been at a practice since spring. I stated since spring started till now, I have missed 5-8 practices. You definitely should take a wait and see though on Ballard. I'm just giving my opinion on what I see. Coaches will see their own things.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT