ADVERTISEMENT

It's Monday morning you cheap JCPenny belt wearing sport media folks.....

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
....don't you dare let Dimel off the hook for this game! Fans are not invited to your UTEP free stuff your face lunch Q & A presser with the head coach. This was an ugly, ugly loss to a bad NMSU team. Question Dimel like you all did Kugler and make him feel the heat because there was no excuse for that disgusting loss. You all made Kugler refill his 90 day supply of high blood pressure medicine religiously, make Dimel feel the same. The Dimel/Canales honeymoon is officially over.

Martin has been building at NMSU for six years. If it wasn’t for two unfortunate plays, he would have lost to what many consider is a “d2 roster.” As other have mentioned we could have hired Saban and the results would be similar due to lack of talent. Dimel gets a pass this year. Give the man a break his job is already tough enough without all the couch coaches telling him what went wrong.

As other have mentioned we could have hired Saban and the results would be similar due to lack of talent. Dimel gets a pass this year. Give the man a break his job is already tough enough without all the couch coaches telling him what went wrong.

No way Saban would have lost to NAU and NMSU. NAU is 1-2 in their other games this season vs FCS schools. Tennessee got blown out at home vs Florida. UNLV lost to Arkansas St this weekend. NMSU and NAU were 2 winnable home games. Now the Miners have lost 16 in a row and 18 of their last 19.

Yes, the talent isn’t there because of Kugler, but you can’t blame him for losing to NAU and NMSU.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
No way Saban would have lost to NAU and NMSU. NAU is 1-2 in their other games this season vs FCS schools. Tennessee got blown out at home vs Florida. UNLV lost to Arkansas St this weekend. NMSU and NAU were 2 winnable home games. Now the Miners have lost 16 in a row and 18 of their last 19.

Yes, the talent isn’t there because of Kugler, but you can’t blame him for losing to NAU and NMSU.
This is so stupid. No way Saban would have accepted this job. Don’t shoot the messenger that’s what I’ve read around here. Let’s say any coach that would be willing to take the UTEP job would have similar results to what we are seeing.

This is so stupid. No way Saban would have accepted this job. Don’t shoot the messenger that’s what I’ve read around here. Let’s say any coach that would be willing to take the UTEP job would have similar results to what we are seeing.

Nobody is saying Saban would have accepted the job.

I could be the head coach of the team and would produce the same results.

Dimel is getting paid $700k a year and should be doing a better job.

I agree, a coach like Saban would never coach here, but his coaching ability vs Dimel is what I’m saying. Dimel has greatly underperformed as seen in his losses to NAU and NMSU. He went winless at Houston and was deemed qualified enough to come and coach a team coming off a winless season. He couldn’t hold Saban’s cock to take a piss.

Nobody is saying Saban would have accepted the job.

I could be the head coach of the team and would produce the same results.

Dimel is getting paid $700k a year and should be doing a better job.
The job was open for a few months did you apply?

I agree, a coach like Saban would never coach here, but his coaching ability vs Dimel is what I’m saying. Dimel has greatly underperformed as seen in his losses to NAU and NMSU. He went winless at Houston and was deemed qualified enough to come and coach a team coming off a winless season. He couldn’t hold Saban’s cock to take a piss.
Who were the names we turned down in favor of Dimel?

Ha ha. Are you guys seriously arguing whether or not Saban would even come here, or whether he could win? Just stop.

I’m pissed about the penalties and the mistakes. Unfortunately UTEP gave the game away. But they’ve taken some steps forward from that disaster in week 1. It really is a case of taking two steps forward and taking three back.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Agreed, NMSU lost alot from last season. The lack of discipline, is shocking... Penalties? They continue to get worse. Play calling looked better, but NMSU has a bad defense. End of the day, they are still making day 1 mistakes.
Bingo. Two or three drives UTEP should have punched it into the end zone but pissed it away and UTEP could have walked into locker room with an ugly win, but a win none the less.

Bright side, Locksley passing was somewhat better but totally over threw a wide open Redix who could have ran it in for an easy TD. Juniel TD was nice but Juniel did all that work because the pass was high and behind him.

Ha ha. Are you guys seriously arguing whether or not Saban would even come here, or whether he could win? Just stop.

I’m pissed about the penalties and the mistakes. Unfortunately UTEP gave the game away. But they’ve taken some steps forward from that disaster in week 1. It really is a case of taking two steps forward and taking three back.

Same. Control the controllables. I’d like to see this aspect of the game cleaned up quite a bit. That would’ve most likely changed Saturday’s outcome. Could very well be the deciding factor and determine the outcome down the road against UTSA or Rice also.

Saban lost to UL Monroe his first year at Alabama, he probably wouldn't have lost to them if his type of players were on that team

Saban lost to UL Monroe his first year at Alabama, he probably wouldn't have lost to them if his type of players were on that team

But he beat 2 ranked teams that year and won a bowl game.

Plus, UL Monroe isn't a D1-AA team and they weren't terrible that year.

How does this thread go from Dimel's presser to what kind of results Nick Saban would have had if he was coach here??????? We will never know because he has never coached here, and had zero chance of ever coaching here, and he will never coach here.

....don't you dare let Dimel off the hook for this game! Fans are not invited to your UTEP free stuff your face lunch Q & A presser with the head coach. This was an ugly, ugly loss to a bad NMSU team. Question Dimel like you all did Kugler and make him feel the heat because there was no excuse for that disgusting loss. You all made Kugler refill his 90 day supply of high blood pressure medicine religiously, make Dimel feel the same. The Dimel/Canales honeymoon is officially over.

Bill Knight will grill him.

Just saying that right now, Dimel looks like a poor hire and others might not have lost to NAU and NMSU. UTEP should have won those games.
Others like who? Metz has been a total bust. Dimel went out and grabbed the #1 juco qb. Do you think any of the other candidates would have been able to land a better freshman quarterback that would contribute immediately?

Others like who? Metz has been a total bust. Dimel went out and grabbed the #1 juco qb. Do you think any of the other candidates would have been able to land a better freshman quarterback that would contribute immediately?

Sterlin Gilbert.

Locklsey sure doesn't look like the #1 Juco QB. Who rated him?

We’ll never know, but if Kai was the #1 JUCO QB, I know why he was available. He’s a better runner than a passer. So maybe some Freshman QB could be out there slinging for 300 yards and hit the deep ball.

We’re 0-4!

Sterlin Gilbert.

Locklsey sure doesn't look like the #1 Juco QB. Who rated him?
Or maybe we get blown out worse in all four games if Gilbert is coach. It’s easy for us to sit behind our phone and judge the AD’s decision saying so and so would have been better.

With our makeshift o-line even Brady would have a hard time looking like the best NFL qb. (That’s also a hyperbole)

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Gilbert would have been awesome, but I don’t think he wanted the job, and we wanted experience after the Kugler experiment.

Sure. Most places should hire experience over none, but you always have to take a chance on ones without it.

Gillispie, Sadler, and Barbee all had no HC experience and Floyd had a ton. How’d that turn out?

Sure. Most places should hire experience over none, but you always have to take a chance on ones without it.

Gillispie, Sadler, and Barbee all had no HC experience and Floyd had a ton. How’d that turn out?

I’m not defending the hire; I’m explaining it.

Gilbert would have been awesome, but I don’t think he wanted the job, and we wanted experience after the Kugler experiment.
It seems a lot of posters don’t understand how bad of a state Kugler left the program in. This job is currently undesirable for any up-and-coming assistant. They know there’s a high probability they will fail like almost everyone else that has coached here and might not sniff another head coaching job for a long time.

If this was 2007/2008, and we were looking to replace an aging Price, we would have an abundance of hot assistants wanting the job. As of right now none of those young guns know the adversity and trials that come from rebuilding the worst program in the nation. Dimel does because he saw firsthand how Snyder did it.

I’m as frustrated as anyone else but we have to be realistic with our expectations. With the available pool of candidates it would be far fetched to see any major improvements overnight.

The team has made improvements from last year. The recruiting is off to a solid start. I still think before the year is over we will find a way to win one or two games. That is what most predicted before the season started.

It seems a lot of posters don’t understand how bad of a state Kugler left the program in. This job is currently undesirable for any up-and-coming assistant. They know there’s a high probability they will fail like almost everyone else that has coached here and might not sniff another head coaching job for a long time.

If this was 2007/2008, and we were looking to replace an aging Price, we would have an abundance of hot assistants wanting the job. As of right now none of those young guns know the adversity and trials that come from rebuilding the worst program in the nation. Dimel does because he saw firsthand how Snyder did it.

I’m as frustrated as anyone else but we have to be realistic with our expectations. With the available pool of candidates it would be far fetched to see any major improvements overnight.

The team has made improvements from last year. The recruiting is off to a solid start. I still think before the year is over we will find a way to win one or two games. That is what most predicted before the season started.

I agree — I think Dimel will turn us around.

I don’t think anyone is wanting Dimel fired, but some are frustrated by losing to NAU and NMSU. Questions arise because of his past jobs. A rookie coach would be getting a longer rope. Nobody should be expecting a bowl game, but if the Miners were 2-2, most fans would be feeling a lot better about it.

If this team goes 0-12 again, the community will further erode and they won’t ever come back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT