ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. EVERYTHING is now cancelled.

If you're wondering, Duke and Kansas have announced they aren't going to play in the tournament. That means our at large chances are only going to improve as more teams drop out.

Seriously, my favorite 2 weeks out of the year are going to be ruined due to a severe case of overreaction.

Or get cancer, heart disease, flu, kidney failure, copd, car accidents or the million other things that might happen.
Let’s all lock ourselves in a room, with no one else cause they might be a carrier!
Guess we shouldn’t be posting anything cause our phones are germ carriers.
Don’t know about the rest of you all, but I’m going to live my life. Maybe a little more cautious. I’m not going to roll up in a ball and die,
As the tv show use to say:
Be careful out there!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
If you're wondering, Duke and Kansas have announced they aren't going to play in the tournament. That means our at large chances are only going to improve as more teams drop out.

Seriously, my favorite 2 weeks out of the year are going to be ruined due to a severe case of overreaction.

I understand your frustration. However, this isn't like other past threats. Ebola which as lethal as it is, is next to impossible to spread. The other diseases (SARS and MERS) were contained because of great action by the scientific community.

This disease is highly contagious and kills 2% of the people who get it (mostly the elderly).

This is not an overreaction. Canceling the NCAA tournament and the NBA season is a bummer, but it will save lives.

With no sports on TV for the foreseeable future, guess I'm going to have to break out the old DVDs and rewatch The Sopranos. FUGETABOUTIT!!!

on the bright side. Trips to Vegas are dirt cheap right about now.

Assuming they’re not next on the chopping block. Several buffets are being shutdown already. You think playing blackjack next to some guy from some other city/country is a good idea right now?

Assuming they’re not next on the chopping block. Several buffets are being shutdown already. You think playing blackjack next to some guy from some other city/country is a good idea right now?
I think half of us are going to get it. That's the prediction anyways. The hope is to slow down the spread of it and hope we build a "herd immunity" to it by the time it's our turn.

Right now, it's only lethal to people with underlying health concerns. Most people should live their lives with the exception of big, mass events.

I think half of us are going to get it. That's the prediction anyways. The hope is to slow down the spread of it and hope we build a "herd immunity" to it by the time it's our turn.
I'm not sure what a herd immunity is, but I think they're concerned about overwhelming the system; if, as you say, they slow down the spread, then the hope is there will be enough hospitals and staff to meet the needs.

They just of had the tournament without fans ... feel sorry for all the seniors....

NCAA should allow all seniors an extra year of eligibility and not have them count against the scholly limit for next yeae

Right now, it's only lethal to people with underlying health concerns. Most people should live their lives with the exception of big, mass events.

If what you are saying is true and the death rate is 3.4%, then that means about 5.5 million people will die in the US. I don't see that happening.

If what you are saying is true and the death rate is 3.4%, then that means about 5.5 million people will die in the US. I don't see that happening.
The prediction is 400,000-500,000. But it's super early. Let's hope not.

Last edited:
Not according to you. You said half of the population will get the virus.

327,000,000/2=163,500,000

163,500,000 x. 034= 5,559,000
Because it's so new, the math is changing. The prediction is anywhere from 20% of the population being infected up to 70%. That's a high variable.

The mortality rate number changes too from as low as 2% to as high as 4%. Again that's a big variable.

Most models have the U.S. losing about half a million people to the disease. It all depends on exposure and the effectiveness of the quarantines.

We don't know. Not even the experts know. We know enough to take it seriously.

I think worst case scenario I saw was 3.5 million fatalities. The best case was 350. Again, virologists are doing what they can.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Most models have the U.S. losing about half a million people to the disease.

I think worst case scenario I saw was 3.5 million fatalities. The best case was 350. Again, virologists are doing what they can.

The best case is 350 what?

Because it's so new, the math is changing. The prediction is anywhere from 20% of the population being infected up to 70%. That's a high variable.

The mortality rate number changes too from as low as 2% to as high as 4%. Again that's a big variable.

Most models have the U.S. losing about half a million people to the disease. It all depends on exposure and the effectiveness of the quarantines.

We don't know. Not even the experts know. We know enough to take it seriously.

Trump said when there were 15 cases here that it was going down, not up. What a moron of a POTUS we have.

The stupid public has just looted all of the toilet paper and soap! So dissapointed lol.

Trump said when there were 15 cases here that it was going down, not up. What a moron of a POTUS we have.
Since then, it appears that the experts have impressed upon him the gravity of the situation, and he seems to have actually listened. To me, that's more important.

All things I guess have to become partisan now. But I hope for people's sake, we can be honest about this situation. Deal with it in a sober, realistic, and mature fashion.

Finger pointing or defending the indefensible won't save lives or bring me toilet paper.

Since then, it appears that the experts have impressed upon him the gravity of the situation, and he seems to have actually listened.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't believe Tяump is capable of listening to anyone except himself and his wants. Nor do I believe he gives a shit about anyone except himself. This is way outside his capabilities. The best thing would be for his people to keep him away from microphones. He only makes things worse. #ETTD

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't believe Tяump is capable of listening to anyone except himself and his wants. Nor do I believe he gives a shit about anyone except himself. This is way outside his capabilities. The best thing would be for his people to keep him away from microphones. He only makes things worse. #ETTD

You're right. He doesn't care about anybody but himself, but frees people from jail. He donates his entire salary to charity. I could go on and on, but I am sure you still won't understand my point.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
You're right. He doesn't care about anybody but himself, but frees people from jail. He donates his entire salary to charity. I could go on and on, but I am sure you still won't understand my point.

He's gonna be freeing a lot of people here pretty soon.

A number of Trump's clemencies fall in line with a recent trend of granting pardons to political allies, as well as people who have been championed by conservative media, prominent Republicans, or celebrities.

Walter Shaub, senior adviser for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) and the former director of the Office of Government Ethics (OGE), told Vox on Wednesday that Trump’s salary “is a drop in the bucket compared to what he brings in by monetizing the presidency or compared to what he costs taxpayers with his frequent trips to promote his own properties. It’s also offset by what Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the privilege of protecting him.”

Trump has also benefited from reimbursements from Secret Service expenditures at the properties he owns and profits from — properties that he, and therefore the members of the Secret Service who protect him, regularly visit. Last month, the Washington Post reportedon records showing nearly $500,000 in such payments — and it’s likely there have been more expenditures where those came from, as the Secret Service has stonewalled efforts from Democratic members of Congress to get a full accounting.

Appears our nation is shutdown for at least two weeks. What many of our enemies have tried was accomplished by a “bug”. Who would have ever guessed. Be safe Miner Nation.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT