ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Bienemy

So, what do we think?

aside from remembering his uncle playing football for Colorado I don't know much else about him
He was a state champ in Texas. Touted as a good ball handler, leader and defender. Not a great shooter. Started in the Big 12 as a freshman and Sophmore. Final 3 were apparently Creighton, Michigan and UTEP per ESPN 600

Hmmm. Do we really think there will be a one-time COVID waiver? Is Terry still looking to add more guys that will be eligible this year or is he gambling on waivers?

And why is Sjolund listed behind Tydus? I'm pretty sure that's Efe's spot. Sjolund is a SF.
Nothing is ever mentioned about Onyema from San Antonio. Is he still a Miner?

Small time are the crowds for FIU and FAU home games. You’re not very smart if you would rather have LaTech’s support/arena over Cal Baptist’s
You’re not very smart if you rather align yourself with recent d1 startups instead of established programs. After the sizzle dies out of being D1 at Cal Baptist they’ll be back to La Tech crowds. Which really isn’t that much of a difference to begin with. Cal Baptist averages 500 more.

You’re not very smart if you rather align yourself with recent d1 startups instead of established programs. After the sizzle dies out of being D1 at Cal Baptist they’ll be back to La Tech crowds. Which really isn’t that much of a difference to begin with. Cal Baptist averages 500 more.

LaTech has been really successful over the last few years and that’s all they can get for home games. Maybe CBU’s attendance will go down, but you can bet LaTech’s won’t be going up.

Small time are the crowds for FIU and FAU home games. You’re not very smart if you would rather have LaTech’s support/arena over Cal Baptist’s

You can't be serious. La Tech is an accomplished d1 institution. Cal Baptist is school transitioning from D2 to D1. No name recognition no accomplishments. Nobody wants to play in the WAC. This is the only board the conference is talked up.

You can't be serious. La Tech is an accomplished d1 institution. Cal Baptist is school transitioning from D2 to D1. No name recognition no accomplishments. Nobody wants to play in the WAC. This is the only board the conference is talked up.

I am not “talking them up”. Simply pointing out that the conference people on here constantly defend is hardly better than the conference they constantly demean. LaTech hasn’t made the NCAA tournament since 1991, they are nobodies! With that being said, they’re still a better program than UTEP. And doing it with less resources!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
LaTech has been really successful over the last few years and that’s all they can get for home games. Maybe CBU’s attendance will go down, but you can bet LaTech’s won’t be going up.
That’s true. I like LT as a conference member. I remember when I first became a fan in the early 2000’s, those games vs LT were memorable.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I am not “talking them up”. Simply pointing out that the conference people on here constantly defend is hardly better than the conference they constantly demean. LaTech hasn’t made the NCAA tournament since 1991, they are nobodies! With that being said, they’re still a better program than UTEP. And doing it with less resources!
Those nobodies made a sweet 16 run in 85 and that’s more than anyone in the wac can claim recently.

Those nobodies made a sweet 16 run in 85 and that’s more than anyone in the wac can claim recently.

That was 35 years ago. Nobody gives 2 shits about the 1985 Sweet 16. NMSU made the Sweet 16 in 1992, so you could at least be factual when trying to prove how great LaTech is

That was 35 years ago. Nobody gives 2 shits about the 1985 Sweet 16. NMSU made the Sweet 16 in 1992, so you could at least be factual when trying to prove how great LaTech is
So could you. Like mentioning that the 1992 season was vacated because nmsu was caught cheating. So nope. You have to go back to the 70s to find the last time nmsu won a NCAAT game.

Reactions: Cube Jack
So could you. Like mentioning that the 1992 season was vacated because nmsu was caught cheating. So nope. You have to go back to the 70s to find the last time nmsu won a NCAAT game.

Please name the 16 teams that played in “Sweet 16” games in the 1992 NCAA Tournament then.

Don’t feel like googling it.

What team eliminated DePaul and La-Lafayette that year?

You can avoid it all day, the team won those games. The fans and players still remember those games, as do the fans of DePaul and La-Lafayette. Just like Louisville won the natty a few years ago. All the fans know who won. The NCAA taking it back years later, does not change the results.

What team eliminated DePaul and La-Lafayette that year?

You can avoid it all day, the team won those games. The fans and players still remember those games, as do the fans of DePaul and La-Lafayette. Just like Louisville won the natty a few years ago. All the fans know who won. The NCAA taking it back years later, does not change the results.
Cool. Can they do it without cheating?

I don’t know. Hard to say 28 years later, especially since I don’t follow NMSU or remember any of the players on that squad.
It’s not that difficult. If the coaches don’t take the exams for the players, they don’t pass, they don’t play, they don’t win.

It’s not that difficult. If the coaches don’t take the exams for the players, they don’t pass, they don’t play, they don’t win.

Whatever. Doesn’t matter. You can run down the WAC all you want and talk about how wonderful CUSA is. One day you will be in touch with reality.

Whatever. Doesn’t matter. You can run down the WAC all you want and talk about how wonderful CUSA is. One day you will be in touch with reality.
I don’t think cusa is wonderful but I know it’s better than the wac. No current WAC team has ever won an NCAAT game as a member of the WAC.

I don’t think cusa is wonderful but I know it’s better than the wac. No current WAC team has ever won an NCAAT game as a member of the WAC.

So? What have the Marshall and Middle Tennessee wins done for the league? UTEP hasn’t won any games as a CUSA member either. Not sure what point you’re trying to prove.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT