ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Senter really steps in it discussing UTEP Women's sports

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
The timing (SCOTUS leak and reversal), his dribble, and the content was not a proud day for UTEP athletics...."but wait, there's more!". He delivers the content but doesn't know when too STFU!

""When I go buy a pair of men's dress shoes, they might be $120 to $175, while my wife's shoes might be $50 to $60," he said."

facepalm.jpg

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/s...-spends-mens-and-womens-athletics/9620358002/

The guy is a few fries short of a happy meal. It might could be looked past if he could fundraise or was a strong leader. However, he's a terrible fundraiser, a worse speaker and an inept leader. He is the absolute wrong person to lead UTEP through this turbulent time. Maybe this will finally cause Wilson to fire him. I doubt it but I can dream.

The timing (SCOTUS leak and reversal), his dribble, and the content was not a proud day for UTEP athletics...."but wait, there's more!". He delivers the content but doesn't know when too STFU!

""When I go buy a pair of men's dress shoes, they might be $120 to $175, while my wife's shoes might be $50 to $60," he said."

facepalm.jpg

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/s...-spends-mens-and-womens-athletics/9620358002/
I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. He is being honest.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Maybe this will finally cause Wilson to fire him. I doubt it but I can dream.
"With regards to golf, that difference, as well as a difference in recruiting budgets ($20,210 for men, $8,390 for women), can be accounted for by the Century Club, a private group (albeit one that uses the UTEP website) that Senter estimated raised $100,000 in that time span that is directed to the men's golf program."

UTEP big booster calling the C.C.: "Yeah, Jim's bar tab? It's $321.57? Ok, I will pay and close it out. From now on he buys his own!"

It's just a lack of situational awareness on the part the part of Senter. It's like when like they asked Michael Jordan why he didn't get into politics "Republicans buy shoes to". Under Senter's leadership UTEP has hemoragrd corporate sponsors. Why in the hell would you wade into one of the days hot button issues gender equity. If you're trying to alienate donors and corporate sponsors this is a damn good way to do it.

Reactions: chuwy9 and develman
Seems like its being taken out of context. He was saying that more donors support the Mens Program and Mens equiptment tends to cost more than Womens Equipment. Mens Basketball shoes cost more than Womens. Mens Golf Clubs cost more than Womens Golf Clubs.

He later went on to add that UTEP will not be adding any male sports but will add another female sport in the not to distant future.

Sounds like a lucky guy. I would buy a $40 pair of sneakers from the Adidas outlet while my ex wife would buy $200 heels from Aldo.
Right? When it comes to clothing women's are a lot more expensive than men's. Even if you're paying the add on for XXL (and above)

Seems like its being taken out of context. He was saying that more donors support the Mens Program and Mens equiptment tends to cost more than Womens Equipment. Mens Basketball shoes cost more than Womens. Mens Golf Clubs cost more than Womens Golf Clubs.

He later went on to add that UTEP will not be adding any male sports but will add another female sport in the not to distant future.

You are hired, when can you start? You delivered the same message Senter was trying to get across without embarrassing himself and the university.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. If people want him fired over this then heaven help us. If he can't raise money to improve our athletic facilities then fire him. If the 2 revenue sports fall flat next season, fire him. But over these comments, c'mon man.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. If people want him fired over this then heaven help us. If he can't raise money to improve our athletic facilities then fire him. If the 2 revenue sports fall flat next season, fire him. But over these comments, c'mon man.
I wouldn't fire him or anyone else over these specific comments. I'm just frustrated with him. This is a culmination of alot of negatives. He's not an effective spokesman for the university. He's a terrible fundraiser. I don't know anything he's done that's helped the university. Donations, attendance and interest are at an all time low under his leadership.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT