ADVERTISEMENT

John, we've lost four recruits and not heard much about it.

UTEP66

MI VIP
Jun 30, 2001
Is there anything good to report on the horizon? Losing Stangel, Brock, Mathews and looks like Osemele is gone. Can you update up what is happening and provide an insight on any new potential recruits?
This post was edited on 1/16 10:46 AM by UTEP66if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Ditto

John

Pretty quiet, most of what we hear is from other sources. Was getting pretty pumped and the class was looking great, but now..

I noticed that as well. We haven't herd squat on these recruits. When was the last time anything new was posted on this board? That is not good for what we are paying for.

Yes John has done a good job. I also expect for it to stay that way if I'm paying for information! I hope it improves.

Guys:

I'm doing the best I can. Honestly, Brock, Osemele have been updated so much, that I've been slotting every report. No reason for me to call them in which they hang up and stop talking to Rivals.com all together until Signing Day.

Here is the way I see it. Osemele is hanging on by threads, yes, but other schools are full and not going to be a factor. A&M just pulled out on Osemele because of being full. It looks like it will come down to UTEP and Iowa State.

So to clarify, I don't know why you're using the term "lost" with all of these guys (Ex. Osemele) but recruits do and will look around until Signing Day.

If they de-commit, I'll let you know. Like I did with Stangel, Matthews, etc.
This post was edited on 1/17 11:08 AM by John Talmanif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 1/17 11:09 AM by John Talmanif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 1/17 1:19 PM by John Talmanif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Thanks, John. I think we're all getting. . .

a bit antsy since Stangel decommitted. I wouldn't be too surprised if two or three other "commits" change their minds before signing day, but by the same token, it may be that we'll pick up some who switch to UTEP from other schools. Seems to be the norm nowadays.

Osemele has decommitted. See Rivals ticker.

He will attend ISU. Since we lost four do you have any insight if we are going after anyone elese to fill those openings. If so, do you have any names?

Re: Osemele has decommitted. See Rivals ticker.

66:

It says in there he remains committed to UTEP. He has not de-commited. Could he? Yes and it looks likely. But has he yet? No.

"I guess when I decide to pull the trigger, I'll decommit," he said. "Coach Chizik needs to visit with my mom, but I've pretty much decided for myself that I'm going to Iowa State."

Yes it looks likely, but it's not done yet. The UTEP coaches are still going to fight this one.

Keep in mind guys that the Miners have received commitments from a ton of kids. So, oversigning is for situations like these when players drop out at the last minute. With three weeks before Signing Day, don't expect them to run out and fill those spots with a ton of players.

There just isn't room.

Osemele making a change

Thanks John. However, I'd say it's about 99% cetain, he's gone. What I don't understand ia why we not continue recruiting more players. We have several soft commitments and there are least two who may or may not have qualifying issues. Carter and Cheetum both have work to do to qualify. I'm sure there's others. I assume the names we have left are the recruiting class, less any more decommits or non-qualifers are our class.

The main reason is that they're getting close to full. Even if some guys don't qualify, they don't have a lot of spots to give. Thus the reason a lot of schools over-sign.

Thanks John. Hopefully we can hold on to what we have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT