ADVERTISEMENT

Just met Saterfield

I was wondering if ENEMAS U recruited him either out of high school or out of Ranger College. Do you know? For anyone who's not aware; he's from Cruces.

I was wondering if ENEMAS U recruited him either out of high school or out of Ranger College. Do you know? For anyone who's not aware; he's from Cruces.
Not sure. I guess BCG recruited him to Ranger?

Last edited:
Doc Sadler originally beat out NMSU and Chicago St for him.

He not starting .lol

I'd like to hear who you would bench??
Well...let's see; Kennedy shot 39% overall, 24% from three and 52% from the stripe. Bieniemy shot 37, 31 and 75. Agnew 33, 20 and 75.
I know you can't justifiably compare JC to Div 1 but Saterfield led his team to the JC championship shooting 52. 47 and 80% while averaging 18 ppg. You tell me who to bench.

How about we see their stats in a Miner uniform under the new HC before we decide who plays.
Good idea Corona. Those Saterfield stats have to mean something tho! Even in the gym by your lonesome they look good to me.

JC is not Div 1. Stats in one is not always comparable to the other. Hope he is as good as his stats but calling him a starter is a bit premature.

I think we named Bienemy a starter because our starting pgs left the program. A big 12 transfer seemed like a more natural starter than White, who I believe was also a JC transfer.

I don’t even give a shit who starts as long as we can put the puzzle pieces where they belong.

Knowing Golding, defensive prowess will be a huge factor as to who gets the lion’s share of pt.

It may have been largely due to lack of accountability and lack of putting a premium on defensive effort, but Boum, Kennedy and Bieniemy all left the door open for somebody else to step in and get some minutes in JG’s system, imo.

I don’t even give a shit who starts as long as we can put the puzzle pieces where they belong.

Knowing Golding, defensive prowess will be a huge factor as to who gets the lion’s share of pt.

It may have been largely due to lack of accountability and lack of putting a premium on defensive effort, but Boum, Kennedy and Bieniemy all left the door open for somebody else to step in and get some minutes in JG’s system, imo.
I think Boum will play the majority of minutes out of the 3, but I agree the door is open (especially after this year with the transfer market and a full recruiting cycle).

Bieniemy will get the majority of minutes at the point, with Giffa backing him up. If Giffa isn't ready, then Boum will likely step in like last year; which isn't a great option. Saterfield is most likely to take some of Kennedy's minutes, if he can show he can defend at this level, and assuming his shooting also translates. Last year, Kennedy was a liability offensively in the half court. Agnew also forced way too much offensively, and his shooting percentage plus turnovers showed that.

Bieniemy will get the majority of minutes at the point, with Giffa backing him up. If Giffa isn't ready, then Boum will likely step in like last year; which isn't a great option. Saterfield is most likely to take some of Kennedy's minutes, if he can show he can defend at this level, and assuming his shooting also translates. Last year, Kennedy was a liability offensively in the half court. Agnew also forced way too much offensively, and his shooting percentage plus turnovers showed that.
I don't disagree but Agnew has fire in his belly. Maybe Golding can combine that fire with efficiency.

Reactions: miner1liner
Well...let's see; Kennedy shot 39% overall, 24% from three and 52% from the stripe. Bieniemy shot 37, 31 and 75. Agnew 33, 20 and 75.
I know you can't justifiably compare JC to Div 1 but Saterfield led his team to the JC championship shooting 52. 47 and 80% while averaging 18 ppg. You tell me who to bench.

You the one said he should start. So who you benching??

Coach Joe is getting the big bucks to make these decisions. He works with these guys daily and sees what they can do. He knows what he wants and needs. I don't have anything but videos and last years memories to consider. Based on what I see, I think Boum and Bieniemy along with Tydus and Bonke start and Kennedy sits in favor of Saterfield. What goes on at practice; we aren't privy to so only Coach has that.
Let me pose another question. I'm sure all here agree that once again Boum will be the leading point producer. Who then will be no.2? Look at your choices and consider their potential.

I hope he turns out great. Who was the last JC player that had a successful career at UTEP? Anyone recent? I think of Villa's stats at JC then his stats at UTEP.

Artis transfered from Oregon. I'll give you Moore. Would have been nice to see him play his senior year.

There should be no locks for starters next year. New Coaching staff will evaluate and go from there. We are basing everything off last year under a different coach. Probably the only lock as starters are Tydus and Souley and maybe Bienemy. With that said Saterfield will get a look along with Kennedy and Agnew at possibly starting in what will be a 3 guard lineup. It will come down to who plays better defense and can consistently knock down shots.

Houston and Baylor had multiple guards that contributed last year. The cream will rise to the top. The important thing is who finishes the game and the coach's ability to ride hot players. I'm hoping to see a little bit of that style in the Miners. We just need the bigs to rebound, finish and protect the rim!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT