ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched UTEP on CUSA Media Day on ESPN+

He talked about the system that he has used since he started coaching and how it is proven to produce winning. Hardison talked about making better decisions and taking care of the ball better. The WR corp is deep and expects good things even losing Cowing. Praise talked about the new guys in Secondary and how the Defensive team has bonded with the new guys. Dimel says the strength of the team is the front 7 on defense and how there is a lot of depth on both sides

He talked about the system that he has used since he started coaching and how it is proven to produce winning. Hardison talked about making better decisions and taking care of the ball better. The WR corp is deep and expects good things even losing Cowing. Praise talked about the new guys in Secondary and how the Defensive team has bonded with the new guys. Dimel says the strength of the team is the front 7 on defense and how there is a lot of depth on both sides
That’s good to hear. He’s aware. As has been mentioned on here, his mechanics aren’t going to improve much, if any, at this point, but he’s taking ownership of the one thing he has control over.

Let me ask you a question? Did you play for UTEP or are you one of those fans that always is negative about the programs at UTEP?

Showing a record is being "negative"? LOL

You said you were impressed with Dimel's statements. You said "He talked about the system that he has used since he started coaching and how it is proven to produce winning." It has not proven to produce winning because he is 30 games under .500.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
UTEP could win all their games this year and you would still find something to be negative about!!

I'm not being negative. I am showing facts. Facts don't care about your feelings.

If UTEP goes bowling I will be satisfied. If they win a bowl game I will be ecstatic!!

Reactions: MinerFan79
Showing a record is being "negative"? LOL

You said you were impressed with Dimel's statements. You said "He talked about the system that he has used since he started coaching and how it is proven to produce winning." It has not proven to produce winning because he is 30 games under .500.
In fairness, he inherited a shit show. He has built it up from ground zero. Keep tossing stones homie...it's what you do best....

In fairness, he inherited a shit show. He has built it up from ground zero. Keep tossing stones homie...it's what you do best....

How am I insulting Dimel? I am showing facts.

Dimel is 42-72 in his head coaching career. He doesn't have anywhere close to a winning record, so his statement is silly.

How am I insulting Dimel? I am showing facts.

Dimel is 42-72 in his head coaching career. He doesn't have anywhere close to a winning record, so his statement is silly.
Remove the first shit years bro.....oh wait....that takes away from your narative....
You want to focus on facts. It takes a while to build..we have sucked forever......just stop...

Remove the first shit years bro.....oh wait....that takes away from your narative....
You want to focus on facts. It takes a while to build..we have sucked forever......just stop...

I don't have a narrative. I am just showing facts.

Dimel said "system that he has used since he started coaching and how it is proven to produce winning."

What he said is silly because he is 42-72.

Of course it takes awhile to build. I never denied that.

Boy ain't that the truth. This program was in shambles when he arrived. Not sure he's the guy to take it the next step, but we have to be grateful for what he has been able to accomplish so far.
“Grateful” is not the word I would use. We want to the damn NM Bowl and beat 0 teams with above .500 records. Dimel had an average season that is a joke at 70% of other schools if you tried to claim it was “good”.

I don't have a narrative. I am just showing facts.

Dimel said "system that he has used since he started coaching and how it is proven to produce winning."

What he said is silly because he is 42-72.

Of course it takes awhile to build. I never denied that.
Sorry fellas, his career record speaks for itself. That system has NOT proven to be a winning system.

“Grateful” is not the word I would use. We want to the damn NM Bowl and beat 0 teams with above .500 records. Dimel had an average season that is a joke at 70% of other schools if you tried to claim it was “good”.
Yeah, maybe grateful is going a little too far. Appreciative is probably more apt.

I wouldn't call last season good, but there is no doubt that the team is better than when he got here. How much further can he take us is the question. I'm not sure it's too much farther.

Denverutep is an obvious troll. Please stop engaging him. He derails, depresses and denies.
That said, looking forward to this season. Barring any major injuries, we should be very competitive. I normally focus my binoculars on Praise at the games. On offense, the line.
Fun!

Are Unihorn, Fili, and 2Step all the same person?

uu9pmdp.gif

As I have stated before, and I'm hanging my hat on it. I want to see an efficient UTEP team. UAB and UTSA accomplished that in short order with their new hires. It has taken Dimel longer than expected.

Efficiency, I am referring to (but not limited to)
-dropped passes. No more 90 mph fast balls on dinks and dunks by Hardison. They're drive killers and waaaaay less INT's. Jameis Winston football doesn't get it done in crunch time.
-less 3 n out's (especially during critical drives)
-blown coverage (this was hair pulling at times)
-UTEP has Awatt and Hankins, two of the best in CUSA but can they avoid injury bugs and trip tackling?
-And the most obvious, Dimel's play calling. He doesn't go for the K.O. when he should but yet goes for a 35 yard or more out of the park home run twice in the same drive when UTEP's ground and pound is wearing down the opponent.

Denverutep is an obvious troll. Please stop engaging him. He derails, depresses and denies.
That said, looking forward to this season. Barring any major injuries, we should be very competitive. I normally focus my binoculars on Praise at the games. On offense, the line.
Fun!

You seem mad. Sorry you can't handle the facts

Show facts.

Internet: You're a troll, keep tossing stones, derails, depresses, and denials.

This is the Internet in a nutshell.

Fun!

I know you can't answer questions, but I'll see if you can try.

How does showing facts derail threads, how am I depressing to anybody, and what have I denied?

Is this how you talk in the "real world"? If so, then I feel very sorry for you.

WTF do you expect Dimel to say: “we’re gonna suck”?

Nope, but I also don't want him talking out of his ass.

I asked a simple question about what Dimel said that was impressive. It's funny because I never received an answer.

Unihorn, I think you're right. Notice how Denver gets all butthurt when someone correctly ID's him/her as a Troll and then ignores his responses. He starts to zero in and almost plead for a response. Needy little twerp.

No he's not right.

And no, I'm not "butthurt" about anything on here.

What responses do I ignore?

Nobody is pleading for a response. You just talk out of your ass and don't have the mental capacity to respond to people's questions.

Like I said before, this is why the Internet is nauseating sometimes.

People show facts and are called names.

People talk out of their ass and then call others "needy" when they are called out.

Like I said before, this is why the Internet is nauseating sometimes.

People show facts and are called names.

People talk out of their ass and then call others "needy" when they are called out.
“Show facts” — sounds exactly like NoWins.

You didn’t show facts because you don’t know whose winning system Dimel was referring to. I contend it was a reference to his time at KSU under Snyder.

But no one really knows, so we’re both expressing opinions. It’s a sports message board not a court of law — opinions are allowed.

Any fvcking moron can pull up Dimel’s w/l record as a HC.

Last edited:
“Show facts” — sounds exactly like NoWins.

You didn’t show facts because you don’t know whose winning system Dimel was referring to. I contend it was a reference to his time at KSU under Snyder.

But no one really knows, so we’re both expressing opinions. It’s a sports message board not a court of law — opinions are allowed.

Any fvcking moron can pull up Dimel’s w/l record as a HC.

He was talking about his head coaching tenure. Facts don't care about your feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT