ADVERTISEMENT

Kaden Archie Suspended

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
UTEP sophomore guard Kaden Archie has been suspended due to conduct detrimental to the team and will not accompany the program to Charlotte and Old Dominion. Archie will resume basketball activities upon the team’s return to El Paso.

UTEP sophomore guard Kaden Archie has been suspended due to conduct detrimental to the team and will not accompany the program to Charlotte and Old Dominion. Archie will resume basketball activities upon the team’s return to El Paso.

Jason Rabedeux to replace Don Haskins!!!

Aside from Williams, I can’t think of one player I’d be upset about if he left, being that Edwards has to leave. That is sad.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Terry needs to revise his recruiting philosophy.....
Players who can make the bus during a road trip....
Players who will not engage in conduct detrimental to the team...
Players who will not receive technical fouls....
Players who will be decisive in wanting to play here or elsewhere....
Players who will show up each and every night...
Players who can hit open shots....
Players who can guard/rebound/pass and play team ball...

Don't know if this teams/players are impossible to coach or Terry is at fault but this team is all drama-queen and little substance.

IMO We need to keep Efe, Boum, Stroud and Tydus.
Tarke will stay.

I think my comment was misunderstood, or better yet misstated. It’s not that I don’t value the contributions of anyone other than Williams. I’m just saying that if any one guy was to leave, for whatever reason, I honestly wouldn’t really care.

I agree that it is in the team’s best interest to hang onto Boum, Efe...and Stroud, if CRT would ever use him. I’ve seen enough of Tydus that I wouldn’t mind him making room for someone else. Tarke, this far into the season, is still a question mark for me...as long as he isn’t throwing up 3s.

Who do we honestly think will stay next year??

who will go on their own?
Any that get a nudge out?

Vila and Archie will stay

I think we lose William's, Odigie, Hawkins and Stroud.

Vila and Archie have turned out to be over recruits. Their positions were filled, yet Terry brought them in as 'upgrades'. They are both not very good and we will likely lose more players because of it. Another rebuild. Unfortunately we now know that Terry is not the coach most expected and his recruiting has taken a nose dive.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewYorkCityMiner
Vila and Archie will stay

I think we lose William's, Odigie, Gawkins and Stroud.

Vila and Archie have turned out to be over recruits. Their positions were filled, yet Terry brought them in as 'upgrades'. They are both not very good and we will likely lose more players because of it. Another rebuild. Unfortunately we now know that Terry is not the coach most expected and his recruiting has taken a nose dive.

That would be a disaster.

I can’t think of a time where this board was already shitting on a future basketball season like this upcoming one. Couple that with the upcoming football season and we’re looking at another shitty athletics year.
I thought we hit rock bottom 3 years ago but I guess we hit weak rock and fell another 400 feet. We had the opportunity to hire a new AD, football coach , and basketball coach. But we downgraded in all 3 positions:mad:.

We had the opportunity to hire a new AD, football coach , and basketball coach. But we downgraded in all 3 positions:mad:.

Man, that’s a rough statement to digest. Somehow, I think that Dismel is a downgrade from Kugler, but a lot of that is Kugler’s fault. He did so much damage, that Dismel can’t do anything about it.

Terry is a downgrade from Floyd, so far. Look on the bright side, he won’t be here as long as Floyd was if these performances continue.

Yes, Senter is a downgrade at the moment, but again, it’s not like he was given the keys to a Lamborghini. He got a ‘87 accord. If he remains and ends up firing under performing coaches, then maybe he will hire the right guys.

Stull was great. Until he kept Price and Floyd too long. I am glad Floyd came and went and we can move on from the Haskins era and stop living in the past.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I really hope CRT gets this offense going. What a helter skelter season.
Wait a second!!! After 25 games of averaging a 67 whopping *
Ppg, you are still, I repeat.... still hoping he can get this offense going? I can't believe this. Have you been on vacation? This Trainwreck has been going on and on for weeks. His offense is going, going gone!
* 64 ppg in conference games.

Last edited:
Rick Barnes is also a defensive-minded coach who has meh offenses unless he has a transcendent scorer.

If true, players cussing out the head coach isn't good. I smell a mass exodus brewing.
I don't see a few of this year's team members leaving as a bad thing if Terry is able to bring in better players. I just don't see a ton of guys on the current roster to contend with in CUSA, even with miraculous improvement. That said, Terry sure hasn't recruited as though tons of guys are leaving, Unlike previous years where he definitely over recruited, right now, he has allocated all his scholarships. Plus, I have heard nothing about him recruiting JC guys. That all can change quickly though.

I don't see a few of this year's team members leaving as a bad thing if Terry is able to bring in better players. I just don't see a ton of guys on the current roster to contend with in CUSA, even with miraculous improvement.
True , I never looked at it from the other side, and I hope it isn't a bad thing. But this same old song and dance of hitting the reset button after every season is getting very annoying and is bringing back Floyd flashbacks.

I don't see a few of this year's team members leaving as a bad thing if Terry is able to bring in better players. I just don't see a ton of guys on the current roster to contend with in CUSA, even with miraculous improvement. That said, Terry sure hasn't recruited as though tons of guys are leaving, Unlike previous years where he definitely over recruited, right now, he has allocated all his scholarships. Plus, I have heard nothing about him recruiting JC guys. That all can change quickly though.

Agree. The only downside is that having an influx of new players will provide CRT with an excuse if he hovers at or below that .500 mark next year. However, I guess it doesn’t matter because Terry will get at least 2 more years regardless of what happens next year anyway.

With that said, the question does remain as to whether or not he can bring better talent in. I think he thought the current crop was going to be pretty good.

There continues to be so many questions that I doubt we'll ever have answers to.
What did Terry see in Vila and still sees?
What did he see in Tarke, Archie and
Stroud that warranted schollies but no PT?
What has Efe done to perturb him?
What's happened with the big downers with Hawkins and Lathon?
Started out 8-1 and 5-11 since. Why?
Sorry; I'm a broken damn record and I'm stuck.

Agree. The only downside is that having an influx of new players will provide CRT with an excuse if he hovers at or below that .500 mark next year. However, I guess it doesn’t matter because Terry will get at least 2 more years regardless of what happens next year anyway.

With that said, the question does remain as to whether or not he can bring better talent in. I think he thought the current crop was going to be pretty good.
Agree as well. First off, we know Terry isn't going anywhere. Knowing that, the best case scenario is not a full blown reset. If he can keep Williams, and pick up two true difference maker players, things could turn around quickly. It won't be easy or even likely, but there are JC and grad transfers that could potentially step in right away. At this point, this year is already shot. Time to look ahead, unfortunately.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT