ADVERTISEMENT

Kai in Trouble?

Two Seniors getting arrested is obviously not the type of leadership that we want nor need. I say we just make the tough decision and cut them both. This is where Delton changing his mind and enrolling at TCU instead really hurts. Hopefully, we will get better leadership as guys like Hankins and Goodwin advance within the program.

I don't get Kai, he comes from an advantaged background. He suffered a terrible personal tragedy. Why?
That's what I was thinking. He is not from inner city, he didn't struggle, his brother was shot! Apparently wrong crown, wrong young stupid choices and an embarrassment to Utep and his Father!

I’m gonna say that the guy next to TJ Goodwin is Isaiah Bravo, our new JC QB. It looks like a Cerritos logo on his jacket and he announced his commitment tonight.

I believe that’s Kai in the top left.

Ok. Glad UTEP is pushing forward but there is an elephant in the back that needs attention.

Coach Dimel, do the right thing and dismiss KL. Don't Baylor this matter. I know he needs help but his alleged crimes are very serious. This is not a few ounces of grassy goodness rolling out the car window we're talking about.

Ok. Glad UTEP is pushing forward but there is an elephant in the back that needs attention.

Coach Dimel, do the right thing and dismiss KL. Don't Baylor this matter. I know he needs help but his alleged crimes are very serious. This is not a few ounces of grassy goodness rolling out the car window we're talking about.

I’m thinking he may be done at UTEP but I just want to play devil’s advocate here. IF Kai had lead The Miners to 6-7 wins would we (myself included) be saying he should be gone? I’m just asking because Miami was notorious for their off the field problems in the 80s and 90s, some of which included weapons. I know: different times, different standards. But Ruben Foster was suspended 2 games by The NFL last year for weapons/drug charges and that also included allegations of domestic violence. But plead no contest to the weapons charges and he received 2 years probation, 232 hours of community service and a 235 dollar fine. I know that was Alabama but maybe Kai does beat these charges or gets them lowered or dismissed.

The more I think about it the more you have to let it play out. And if it takes all season to do that so be it.

Good thing Kai’s on field production doesn’t lead us into a difficult decision making position.

I rather the team move on but If he stays he should serve a two-to-four game suspension.

I’m thinking he may be done at UTEP but I just want to play devil’s advocate here. IF Kai had lead The Miners to 6-7 wins would we (myself included) be saying he should be gone? I’m just asking because Miami was notorious for their off the field problems in the 80s and 90s, some of which included weapons. I know: different times, different standards. But Ruben Foster was suspended 2 games by The NFL last year for weapons/drug charges and that also included allegations of domestic violence. But plead no contest to the weapons charges and he received 2 years probation, 232 hours of community service and a 235 dollar fine. I know that was Alabama but maybe Kai does beat these charges or gets them lowered or dismissed.

The more I think about it the more you have to let it play out. And if it takes all season to do that so be it.
6 games 11 games. Hell, Michigan got rid of their rb (who is coming to NMSU) for minor petty stuff. That photo with KL in it and all smiles is extremely disturbing and the facts are facts: He has a lousy arm. He makes former UTEP QB Lamaison look like Payton Manning and Lamaison sucked.

Get that young man some help AND lay down the law equitably, otherwise UTEP is Baylor or OU Lite.

6 games 11 games. Hell, Michigan got rid of their rb (who is coming to NMSU) for minor petty stuff. That photo with KL in it and all smiles is extremely disturbing and the facts are facts: He has a lousy arm. He makes former UTEP QB Lamaison look like Payton Manning and Lamaison sucked.

Get that young man some help AND lay down the law equitably, otherwise UTEP is Baylor or OU Lite.

But that’s why I’m asking.
Do you feel like he should be kicked off the team because is accused of these crimes? Or are you saying he should he kicked off because he sucks? Or is it a combination of the two.

I think he should be kicked off for threatening to kill people while holding a loaded gun.

Next time it might not be just a threat and UTEP football will be on the front page of every newspaper in North America.

Teenagers in middle and high school are expelled from school for making similar remarks on social media. There has been a couple of recent cases in the El Paso schools.

This isn’t about football anymore. This about mental health and gun violence safety.

How do we stop mass shootings in America? Well we can start by attaching some serious consequences to those who threaten the lives of others.

I’m a firm believer that from the mouth comes the reasoning of the heart. This is not some spur of the moment thought that randomly popped up into his head. He’s probably had similar thoughts before. They say drunks tell the truth.

He has to go.

Last edited:
If he worked at any job and did this, he'd be fired. He could get a job somewhere else, but this would be on his record and he'd have to explain. Same applies, "Sorry we have to let you go" Good Luck He should be done at Utep!

Reactions: Minerforlife
But that’s why I’m asking.
Do you feel like he should be kicked off the team because is accused of these crimes? Or are you saying he should he kicked off because he sucks? Or is it a combination of the two.

I shouldn't have stated the arm comment because it's irrelevant. I'm sorry.

My point is if the crime is deadly serious to the district attorney, it should be to the coach and school. Let him go but honor commitment to get him help.

Aaron Hernandez, OJ, Rae Carruth, all those guys did a lot of things before they did their worst things.

That being said, there are a thousand guys we don't know whose lives were turned around because football gave society a reason not to throw them away.

It's hard, its a hard issue. Suspended until the issue is resolved seems right. They should kick him out if he's guilty.

For the kids sake he has to be kicked off. Our society has turned our heads to long on this type of behavior because a kid can play sports. That's why they act the way they do. And then when we are done with them we just out them out to pasture. Kids need to know from their first Pee Wee game there are consequences no matter how good you are.

I shouldn't have stated the arm comment because it's irrelevant. I'm sorry.

My point is if the crime is deadly serious to the district attorney, it should be to the coach and school. Let him go but honor commitment to get him help.

I agree. Violent crimes are no joke. But at the end of the day there was no violence and until this thing goes to trial we may not know what was said or what transpired.

I find myself going back and forth in terms of what should happen to Kai because he hasn’t been found guilty of a crime yet.

I agree. Violent crimes are no joke. But at the end of the day there was no violence and until this thing goes to trial we may not know what was said or what transpired.

I find myself going back and forth in terms of what should happen to Kai because he hasn’t been found guilty of a crime yet.
Also, most likely this won't be settled by the start of the season.

Also, most likely this won't be settled by the start of the season.

I agree. But you have to think that Kai’s lawyer is trying to get this matter resolved before spring camp. There is too much at stake for him not to get this resolved ASAP, not just from a criminal standpoint, but from a football standpoint as well.

Now this is all speculation. But let’s say his lawyer works his magic and he gets nothing more than probation and community service and one or more charges are dropped. There may be a chance he’s on the team come the start of the season. Now at the bare minimum if you’re Dimell you strip him of his captaincy and you make an example of him every day in practice but does he get a major suspension? I don’t know.

Again: I’m not defending Kai’s actions, but I am trying to think of scenarios in which this whole thing may play out.

I don't get the Twitter pic though? It's no big deal but I would tell him to lay low, chill on social media, only bottle in your hand should be Ozarka or Desani water and you better not be seen in the Cincy District after sundown until this plays out.

I don't get the Twitter pic though? It's no big deal but I would tell him to lay low, chill on social media, only bottle in your hand should be Ozarka or Desani water and you better not be seen in the Cincy District after sundown until this plays out.

I checked his profile and it’s a picture of him running with the ball in practice. What did I miss?

He had the gun illegally as well, did you not read that part?
Nothing is going to happen to him. He will have to practice with the scrubs, check in by six to his dorm, go tell some grade school kids "You can do it!" and he will be starting by opening kick off. Stupid UTEP. Now I can't make fun of Baylor and OU.

The decision is now — it should have nothing to do with whatever happens later in court.

Nothing is going to happen to him. He will have to practice with the scrubs, check in by six to his dorm, go tell some grade school kids "You can do it!" and he will be starting by opening kick off. Stupid UTEP. Now I can't make fun of Baylor and OU.
UTEP is in a lose lose situation. If we keep him and we lose, well that was pointless. If we win with him all these articles on his arrest and the case will be brought back up by the national media.

You’re likely right. Poor decision by Dimel if so.
It's not always a bad signal to the team when coaches stand with players even though they may not be eligible to play. Yes, he was holding an illegal firearm and he was in possession but he was also protecting a teammate. And, El Paso might be a better place for him than Baltimore or the DC area.

It's not always a bad signal to the team when coaches stand with players even though they may not be eligible to play. Yes, he was holding an illegal firearm and he was in possession but he was also protecting a teammate. And, El Paso might be a better place for him than Baltimore or the DC area.
Wow. I'm not even sure how to respond to this statement..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT