ADVERTISEMENT

Kai Locksley

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
I appreciate this young man. He's been through a lot in his life and now he's got to play for the Miners. Tough break.

I must admit, I liked what I saw out of him on Saturday. He made plays, didn't just run them. He was able to find yards where non-existed. He gave us the best chance to move the football. If we can find someone to block for him he may give us a chance to win some ball games.

First game in D-1 having had to split time with Metz all Summer and I think he did okay given the talent he's having to deal with. He found his playmakers in Wadley and Dawn.

We need to put the team in his hands and let him lead us whereever we're going to go.

I'm interested to see what happens on Saturday. I guarantee you UNLV puts eight guys in the box and completely shuts down the read option. They are going to make Locksley prove he can make throws. His accuracy and mechanics scare me. Hes definately a gamer. It definitely wouldn't hurt to add in a little triple option Saturday. On Saturday we cant run it as our primary offense on short notice, however we can sprinkle into the game. This team screams triple option struggling o-line a mobile qb and we've of fullbacks and tailbacks.

I'm interested to see what happens on Saturday. I guarantee you UNLV puts eight guys in the box and completely shuts down the read option. They are going to make Locksley prove he can make throws. His accuracy and mechanics scare me. Hes definately a gamer. It definitely wouldn't hurt to add in a little triple option Saturday. On Saturday we cant run it as our primary offense on short notice, however we can sprinkle into the game. This team screams triple option struggling o-line a mobile qb and we've of fullbacks and tailbacks.

He can make throws — can the receivers catch?

Walter Dawn. He gets separation, quick and made good catches on Saturday. He has a 10 yard average on receptions last year (few in number) and is very athletic. Wadley shows he can break away in the open field. UNLV D know UTEP offense because they run it as well.

What's up with Sinegal? Is he hurt?

Reactions: axingfools1
Kai now listed on the depth chart as a QB1. No 'or' next to his name. pg. 9 I don't think there were any other significant injuries other than Gatewood.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/utepathletics.com/documents/2018/9/3/UTEP_Notes_WK2.pdf
giphy.gif

So Foster takes over for Kavika and Busey is now behind Redix.
Foster is a burner. Runs a sub 4.4 forty. He's in there for one reason and one reason only, to spread the field. Locks can go deep to him at any time. Can they hook up? Only time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT