ADVERTISEMENT

Kelvin Jones highlight tape

He looks much improved from the previous highlight vid to this more recent one. He is much more athletic than what I remember also. With a year under his belt playing against his teammates, he could make an impact immediately.

He looks good, but it was being "reported" some Ivy league schools were recruiting him , yet he's a prop 48 kid ?
Is the Ivy league lowering its academic standards ? Probably some erroneous reporting .

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
He looks good, but it was being "reported" some Ivy league schools were recruiting him , yet he's a prop 48 kid ?
Is the Ivy league lowering its academic standards ? Probably some erroneous reporting .

It would be great for the kid to get a good education.......if that is what he's after. But truth be told, I hope we get a kid who can ball...that stays eligible for four years. Forget Princeton or Harvard, UTEP is gonna have to be this kid's Ivy League school.

It would be great for the kid to get a good education.......if that is what he's after. But truth be told, I hope we get a kid who can ball...that stays eligible for four years. Forget Princeton or Harvard, UTEP is gonna have to be this kid's Ivy League school.
If he is a prop 48 , he will only have three years of eligibility , if it hasn't(prop 48) changed since the 80's . Someone correct me if I'm wrong .

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Proposition 48, officially called Bylaw 5-1-(j), requires incoming freshmen athletes to score at least 700 on both the math and verbal parts of the Scholastic Aptitude Test or the equivalent 15 on the American College Test. In addition, the players must have a cumulative 2.0 grade-point average in 11 core curriculum classes.

Those who cannot meet the standards still are allowed to accept a grant-in-aid and enroll in school. However, if they accept a grant, they will lose a year of athletic eligibility. If they enroll and pay their own way for one year, they will have four years of eligibility remaining.

If he is a prop 48 , he will only have three years of eligibility , if it hasn't(prop 48) changed since the 80's . Someone correct me if I'm wrong .

True, he will only have 3 years if he accepts financial aid in the form of a scholarship. I haven't heard one word about him being on scholly at this point, therefore I assume he's not and is going to pay his own way the first year. Again just an assumption. By my count we do have one scholarship available...maybe it'll go to Jones.

Im from Hobbs, Kelvin only played 2 seasons at Hobbs High and the growth in his game was like night and day. Kid is a gym rat and wants to polish his game. Still has a ton of upside, put another 20lbs and he is gonna beast in the paint. Has a soft shooting touch and can knock shots down. Also never seen a kid his size take it coast to coast, he did it a few times this past season.

Love the way he attacks the rim, and moves good for a big man.
Things looking good for UTEP basketball.

GO MINERS

I think that he still has some ways to go. Yes, he looks good but he is playing against
less talent. It will be a lot different going against D1 talent. He can be better than Lang
because he looks more athletic.

Go Miners..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT