ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State

Mar 7, 2013
Miner's going to have to raise their level of play to win. Kent is disciplined and well coached, they won't mail it in or beat themselves. Going to came down to who can stop the other more. Going to be down one guard as McKinny is likely out. Good news Frazier and Dos Anjos both look to getting up to full speed and we really need a breakout game from one of them. Hamilton had a great game last night with put backs and his inside game but NCAT played a zone most of the game and rebounds and getting it inside is going to be a lot harder tonight. Miners need this to be a physical and down and dirty game if they want to win.

Miner's going to have to raise their level of play to win. Kent is disciplined and well coached, they won't mail it in or beat themselves. Going to came down to who can stop the other more. Going to be down one guard as McKinny is likely out. Good news Frazier and Dos Anjos both look to getting up to full speed and we really need a breakout game from one of them. Hamilton had a great game last night with put backs and his inside game but NCAT played a zone most of the game and rebounds and getting it inside is going to be a lot harder tonight. Miners need this to be a physical and down and dirty game if they want to win.
Nothing fancy, nothing mind blowing, just smooth simple play executed well. Remind me of St Mary’s and Santa Clara.

Kent State 63
UTEP 49

BTW, this is the best team UTEP is playing by far IMO. This current Kent State squad barely lost to the ‘zags, a close defensive battle to then #2 Houston and lost to top Colonial Athletic League leader Charleston.

Golding pulls this out it will not shut up the critics because Kent State doesn’t raise eyebrows like the name “DePaul”, but a good win for Golding.

Kent State hangs their hat on defense. They hold opponents to 37% from the field (12th nationally), including 30% from deep. They also create havoc and cause a lot of turnovers (13th nationally in steals).

Would be a really good win if we could somehow pull it out.

NCAT zoned us all most the entire game last night and we got the ball inside on them consistently and hurt them with offensive rebounds.....don't think zoning us is the answer, true we can't hit from outside but we seem to play better offensively against it. Anyway Kent is not a zone team and like us they pride themselves on D

That Malique Jacobs (#2) is a great player. I don't think this will be an easy game and it would not be a surprise to see Kent State win it all

All any good team has to do to beat us is play zone and let our horrible shooters fire away from 3 — game over

It looked to me last night like our guys are starting to find ways to beat the zone. Starting to; still have a long ways to go. Seemed like the baseline was our friend against the zone last night.

We are also still awful against the press. We struggle mightily to get the ball across the half-court line against it. And it really freaking bugs me when I see Givance moseying up the court. He got whistled once already earlier in the season and he keeps cutting it close.

Anyway, IF they zone us and we can find gaps like we did vs NCAT we have a chance. Small chance, but still a chance to pull out a win tonight.

Is it me or does the Kent State coach look like a younger Richard Dreyfuss?

Gotta give them credit.

:They just beat NMSU and now Utep.
:That number 3 was fouling like crazy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT