ADVERTISEMENT

Keonte Kennedy by the Numbers

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2001
Keonte Kennedy was the target of a lot of criticism on this board. Some of it came from me. There was good reason for this. While most of us acknowledged his defense, rebounding, athleticism, and tenacity, his absolutely abysmal shooting percentages were a huge cause of concern. I don't know the reason, but in the last three games he has completely turned things around, becoming an incredibly efficient scorer. The numbers show just how much that he has improved.

Before the last three games Kennedy was shooting .337 from the field, which was composed of .414 from inside the arc and .206 from 3. His FT shooting percentage was .571. In the last three games his shooting has been dramatically different. His 2 point FG percentage has been .667, his 3 point percentage. 538, for an overall FG percentage of .662. His FT shooting has been .765 over the last three games.

Again, I don't know what has caused this amazing improvement in the last three games. I just know that I hope he keeps it up the rest of the season.

Keonte Kennedy was the target of a lot of criticism on this board. Some of it came from me. There was good reason for this. While most of us acknowledged his defense, rebounding, athleticism, and tenacity, his absolutely abysmal shooting percentages were a huge cause of concern. I don't know the reason, but in the last three games he has completely turned things around, becoming an incredibly efficient scorer. The numbers show just how much that he has improved.

Before the last three games Kennedy was shooting .337 from the field, which was composed of .414 from inside the arc and .206 from 3. His FT shooting percentage was .571. In the last three games his shooting has been dramatically different. His 2 point FG percentage has been .667, his 3 point percentage. 538, for an overall FG percentage of .662. His FT shooting has been .765 over the last three games.

Again, I don't know what has caused this amazing improvement in the last three games. I just know that I hope he keeps it up the rest of the season.
Guilty as charged. Not sure what the difference is either. He has been damn near spectacular in Bieniemy’s absence. I hope he can keep it up when JB returns.

As I stated before, he doesn’t let the game come to him, he wants to make his own game; otherwise, he is unhappy and he is just another body on the floor. JB and now Boum have been out and he is soaking it up.

Reactions: miner1liner

These are almost exactly the same things I've been saying. Maybe he visited a hypnotist and got some direction. Something worked and changed his whole being.

We all knew he was talented, but until the last couple of games we had not seen it on the court. I’m glad he’s finally showing the type of skills he brings to this team. I think Coach Golding will be able to get more out of his players than Terry ever did.

Guilty as charged. Not sure what the difference is either. He has been damn near spectacular in Bieniemy’s absence. I hope he can keep it up when JB returns.
Likewise. I have noticed he has made a real effort to drive the ball whenever possible. On his shooting, I'm glad that it has really started to come around. Quite frankly, I am very surprised with his shooting efficiency, especially from three point range. Don't want to jinx him, but he has been outstanding the past three games.

The only way I see this team having any measure of success this season is with Kennedy's continued level of performance plus everyone else's games improving. His sudden turn around at least provides an element of hope that was missing before.

Reactions: Rot
I think this all falls on the coaches.. they have put him in position to make plays and be productive….. they have him playing a style of basketball that fits him now

Reactions: groundrounds
I think this all falls on the coaches.. they have put him in position to make plays and be productive….. they have him playing a style of basketball that fits him now
Unlike some coaches we have known who will try to put a square player in a round hole and have them play in a position that doesn't fit them.
Having them play to their strengths is the easiest way to go, like the path of least resistance. Then it's up to the coach to adjust, not the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rot and miner1liner
Meh....him and his dad thought he was the shit. I liked the dude, but please.....musta got paid, for 9 points a damn game..... We will see him in Europe next year....(and many years after)

KK only really played for UTEP and then a half season or so for Memphis. Chased the money while he could I guess. Good luck at Cal. We get to see him one more time.

This transfer epidemic is stupid though. Just make a minor league already and leave the rest for college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT