ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsbury probably out at TTU

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
The loss to Kansas St. seems to have been the final nail in the coffin for him whether they beat Baylor or not.

It doesn’t help to see what Leach is doing over at WSU, and to see what Chris Beard has quickly done with the basketball program at Tech in such a short period.

Easily the hardest p5 job in Texas. What hurt Tech more than anything was the resurgence of Baylor and addition of TCU. Lubbock is a tough sell. They dont have as hard a sell as UTEP has with El Paso but Lubbock is definately a crutch.

Alot of people will call for Dykes. Hes a natural fit. His dad was coach there. I've never been a big fan. He was disappointing at CAL. Alot of SMU boosters would be happy to be rid of him.

I’ve had the privilege of watching Kingsbury play since his middle school days. Was the best HS qb I’ve ever seen. I even became a Red Raider fan for 4 years. He was a Super Bowl champion with the Patriots, then a journeyman in the NFL and CFL.

Caught back up with him while he was OC at UH and aTm. Thought he might be the answer at Tech and get them back to Leach like status. Just hasn’t happened for him. Great guy in a tough situation. As someone alluded to, Tech is not an easy place to coach. Definitely the toughest P5 job in Texas.

Provided he is let go, his immediate future seems uncertain to me. Don’t think the P5s will come knocking. Curious if he’d go the OC route at a P5 school, or take a G5 head coaching job.

He’s been an easy guy to root for. He’s human and I’m sure made his share of mistakes but he truly is one of the good guys. Whatever happens, he’ll land on his feet.

I’ve had the privilege of watching Kingsbury play since his middle school days. Was the best HS qb I’ve ever seen. I even became a Red Raider fan for 4 years. He was a Super Bowl champion with the Patriots, then a journeyman in the NFL and CFL.

Caught back up with him while he was OC at UH and aTm. Thought he might be the answer at Tech and get them back to Leach like status. Just hasn’t happened for him. Great guy in a tough situation. As someone alluded to, Tech is not an easy place to coach. Definitely the toughest P5 job in Texas.

Provided he is let go, his immediate future seems uncertain to me. Don’t think the P5s will come knocking. Curious if he’d go the OC route at a P5 school, or take a G5 head coaching job.

He’s been an easy guy to root for. He’s human and I’m sure made his share of mistakes but he truly is one of the good guys. Whatever happens, he’ll land on his feet.

He’s a talented offensive mind — maybe OC at a big program where he can learn from a proven head coach or even NFL.

We play Texas Tech during the next two years, so I guess that I will just hope that they bring in a new coach who wants to run a different system that doesn't fit the personnel that they currently have.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Eric Morris has been killing it at UIW and is part of the Coach Bro/Tech-a-Tech tree. From one win last season to the playoffs, his name will be fire in the next few years.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

If the UNT job opens up in these coming weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if he is their next coach.

I dont see Kingsbury getting another fbs head job right now. I think he becomes the OC at USC. If hes successful he gets another head gig in 2-3 years

If the UNT job opens up in these coming weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if he is their next coach.

My original thought was if someone like UCF, USF, Houston, Boise or Memphis didn’t come knocking, (which maybe only 1 of those will even be open) then he’d for sure go the P5 OC route. You may be right, though. It’s not a bad job to have at the time.

I dont see Kingsbury getting another fbs head job right now. I think he becomes the OC at USC. If hes successful he gets another head gig in 2-3 years

I think there will be several fbs offers, however they may not be what he has in mind. I mean someone like Texas State knows they’d be really fortunate to land KK. There are other schools out there who feel the same is my guess. What I’m not so sure of is whether the feelings would be mutual, in other words, reciprocated by Kingsbury.

I think there will be several fbs offers, however they may not be what he has in mind. I mean someone like Texas State knows they’d be really fortunate to land KK. There are other schools out there who feel the same is my guess. What I’m not so sure of is whether the feelings would be mutual, in other words, reciprocated by Kingsbury.

It appears Jake Spavital, the offensive coordinator at West Virginia, is the new head coach at Texas State. Press conference tomorrow.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
It appears Jake Spavital, the offensive coordinator at West Virginia, is the new head coach at Texas State. Press conference tomorrow.

That’s a good get for TX ST. Not sure it’s quite as good of a get for Spav. If he can turn that program around, he’ll have some good opportunities ahead of him, though.

"Let’s remember reporters are evaluated on click counts."

I try to tell everyone this is exactly how all media works. News, Sports, Weather....what drives views drives revenue.

Naturally, we were all over the rumors before hiring our current coaches. We were totally off on both AND our AD.

I’m assuming this has become the unofficial coaching carousel thread.

Charlotte thought they had a solid hire in Houston from JMU but ECU is making their move.

The drama continues.

Last edited:
mike-gundy.jpg

Mike Gundy with a mullet

usa-today-8299052.0.jpg

This doesn’t make any sense. TT fired him for being mediocre and now he gets a head coaching job in the NFL?

Kingsbury may not have gotten himself the NFL job, not with that 5-7 and lukewarm overall record at TTech. The likes of Mahomes, Davis Webb and Baker Mayfield did it for him. Oh, to be Alan Bowman's agent.

Some people are just born lucky. If Kingsbury could not consistently win at T Tech, he will not make it in the NFL. Nick Saban, who is a hell of a coach could not get it done with the Dolphins, and we know what he’s done at Alabama. I doubt that a mediocre coach from a middle of the road college will be successful in the NFL.

Some people are just born lucky. If Kingsbury could not consistently win at T Tech, he will not make it in the NFL. Nick Saban, who is a hell of a coach could not get it done with the Dolphins, and we know what he’s done at Alabama. I doubt that a mediocre coach from a middle of the road college will be successful in the NFL.

Saban is far too controlling of an individual to ever succeed in the NFL. Coach Bro will take the opposite approach. Plus, the direction of NFL offenses bodes well for KK. He could never be the college coach Saban is, but I’d bet you a 12 pack or two that Kingsbury’s record in the league will easily surpass NS’s.

As someone mentioned a few weeks ago, TT is the toughest P5 job in Texas, and in the top third toughest in the country for that matter. Leach was an anomaly.

That’s a good get for TX ST. Not sure it’s quite as good of a get for Spav. If he can turn that program around, he’ll have some good opportunities ahead of him, though.

Now Spav may be bailing TXST to join Coach Bro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT