ADVERTISEMENT

KJ down to 8.

Those are some good choices. Well I wish him good luck. It certainly not his fault that UTEP is not in his top 8, but it is certainly UTEP athletics fault. At least Texas is not in there.

Last edited:
Those are some good choices. Well I wish him good luck. It certainly not his fault that UTEP is not in his top 8, but it is certainly UTEP athletics fault. At least Texas is not in there.

He might still get new offers. He could probably still go to the g league.

I wish him the best.

Golding needs to grab a much needed big man ready to go. That is a huge need.

It's still early for him.. A lot can change from now and then. Schools have coaching changes and then there is transfers. Still way to early for him.
Yes, it’s still early. And yes, he can change his mind after he makes his decision in 3-5 weeks, as he says he’s going to. My guess is Arizona. He’s wanted to play there since he was young. And the iron is hot, as AZ is relevant again.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I watched the video a few times. I see a foul, but a double technical? And ejection? I don't get it.
There are conflicting stories, but one specifically states he used profanity when speaking to the official.

I wasn't there and the audio isn't loud enough to hear so I'm just repeating what I heard elsewhere.

Chapin had a close game, but won despite KJ’s one game suspension. He’s a young man and hopefully learns some life lessons. That win showed Chapin has depth, as other players were able to step up. No doubt this kid is one of the top players in the state if not the country. Chapin will need KJ for the rest of the playoffs if they hope to advance as the teams get tougher. I hope he stays at Chapin for his senior year. Nothing will change for KJ in terms of his choice of colleges he can pick from. Kids like KJ don’t come around very often in EP.

Would KJ have started right away at Utep?? He is a 2 guard, and I think Che Evan's has that spot pretty much locked up. Maybe that's why UTEP didn't make the final cut?

Would KJ have started right away at Utep?? He is a 2 guard, and I think Che Evan's has that spot pretty much locked up. Maybe that's why UTEP didn't make the final cut?
Yes I think he would have started right away since we lose Boum, JB and Agnew.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Yes I think he would have started right away since we lose Boum, JB and Agnew.
Where would you have put him, in the starting lineup?? I dont think KJ could play point. UTEP will need point guards and a big.

Where would you have put him, in the starting lineup?? I dont think KJ could play point. UTEP will need point guards and a big.
Hypothetical:
Kennedy
KJ
Evans
Sibley
Onyema

Maybe Satterfield could start ahead of him by then?

Hypothetical:
Kennedy
KJ
Evans
Sibley
Onyema

Maybe Satterfield could start ahead of him by then?

You know that wouldn't work. KJ is probably a 1 year player and he wants to play right away. If nobody transfers, UTEP already has his position filled. UTEP will have to find a PG in the transfer portal.

You know that wouldn't work. KJ is probably a 1 year player and he wants to play right away. If nobody transfers, UTEP already has his position filled. UTEP will have to find a PG in the transfer portal.
So let me get this straight. You are saying that KJ is a one year player who can't play point right? So what exactly is wrong with the hypothetical lineup that I provided?

Maybe you are thinking that he is a HS senior this year??

So let me get this straight. You are saying that KJ is a one year player who can't play point right? So what exactly is wrong with the hypothetical lineup that I provided?

Maybe you are thinking that he is a HS senior this year??

I know that he is a junior. Yes im saying he cant play pg. In your lineup i think you had Kennedy playing point. I think Utep didnt make the final cut because of Che Evans. Do you think KJ can play the point??

I know that he is a junior. Yes im saying he cant play pg. In your lineup i think you had Kennedy playing point. I think Utep didnt make the final cut because of Che Evans. Do you think KJ can play the point??
I wouldn't know. Never seem him play. My lineup has him at SG with Evans at SF so....

Anyway. He is not coming. We are covered at all positions for the next 2 years. All we need are improvements from those who stay and/or upgrades. Golding hasn't shown really anything on the HS recruiting trail. He has brought in a couple of 4 star transfers and some JCs since starting, so I'm guessing that this will be his forte. Hopefully he picks up the pace over the next 6 weeks.

Maybe his connection with KJ will come full circle in a few years. Who knows.

I wouldn't know. Never seem him play. My lineup has him at SG with Evans at SF so....

Anyway. He is not coming. We are covered at all positions for the next 2 years. All we need are improvements from those who stay and/or upgrades. Golding hasn't shown really anything on the HS recruiting trail. He has brought in a couple of 4 star transfers and some JCs since starting, so I'm guessing that this will be his forte. Hopefully he picks up the pace over the next 6 weeks.

Maybe his connection with KJ will come full circle in a few years. Who knows.
Exactly. Stay close to him in case he gets disgruntled elsewhere. Kid is really good and worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT