ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to the crowd!

shyminer81

MI Hall of Famer
May 22, 2006
Vancouver Washington
You sounded great tonight, and I think that really helped the Miners! Thursday should be a great one! Miners are showing they are warriors and will battle!

Yeah, even on crappy MinerVision i could hear the crowd getting behind the Miners when they rallied from 12 down, and especially when the refs botched those two calls and called a blocking foul on Ced when he fouled out, and then again on JWash with a couple minutes to go. What was the final attendance? I didn't see a whole lot of orange chair backs tonight.

They said it was over 10,000 fans today.
No victory is easy this year, but I love the fight on this guys.
Another good game by our three seniors again and Omega Harris and Morris were solid as well. Vince is still getting over his knee injury but plays with a lot of heart, his scoring has been down a little bit but the whole team is clicking right now.

GO MINERS

Our fans were loud and rallied the Miners to victory. It was clear the crowd affected utsa down the stretch as they missed free throws late in the game. Utsa plays in a glorified high school gym and they're not used to playing before large crowds.

Debbie downer here...

10k my big white butt! Paid, maybe....there was no more than 8k in the building.

The crowd was quiet to start, but who can blame us when ootsa made everything they threw up? When we were down double digits early, I looked up and they were shooting 80%. I knew we would be fine...

Re: Debbie downer here...

Originally posted by Ronstr300:
10k my big white butt! Paid, maybe....there was no more than 8k in the building.

The crowd was quiet to start, but who can blame us when ootsa made everything they threw up? When we were down double digits early, I looked up and they were shooting 80%. I knew we would be fine...
No more than 8K? I'm gonna guess you were not even at the game and talking out of your ass.

Well Ron did admit to having a beer last night in another post... His numbers could be skewed a tad lol

I was watching it on Minertv, and I can't think of another game this season where the crowd sounded that loud.

Originally posted by shyminer81:
Well Ron did admit to having a beer last night in another post... His numbers could be skewed a tad lol

I was watching it on Minertv, and I can't think of another game this season where the crowd sounded that loud.
...or where you could see so few empty orange seats. I usually see quite a bit of orange, however that was not the case last night. At least from MinerVision's camera perspective.

There were almost 11k there. Not too many empty seats and the crowd was great!

Originally posted by SodaPopinski:

No more than 8K? I'm gonna guess you were not even at the game and talking out of your ass.
Look foo.....I have season tickets. I make as many games as I can. Send friends when I can't. Some of my friends on here can vouch that I checked in on facebook from the Don after having dinner at Cinci.

Here's the deal....I KNOW many seats around me are NEVER used. Corporate El Paso owns a lot of the seats and just doesn't utilize them. In the past 2 years, the seats to my left have been used TWICE. (I was told a UTEP professor has these) 4 seats in front of me get used about 1/8 of the time. Based on this small sampling, I am positive it's the same elsewhere each game.

I look around every game. I was thinking we would be close to a sellout last night, but by the missing pieces scattered everywhere, plus the upper areas completely empty, there is no way we were anywhere near 10k.

Like I said...we MIGHT have sold 10k seats, but we sure the hell didnt have that many there.

Originally posted by SodaPopinski:

Look foo.....I have season tickets. I make as many games as I can. Send friends when I can't. Some of my friends on here can vouch that I checked in on facebook from the Don after having dinner at Cinci.

Here's the deal....I KNOW many seats around me are NEVER used. Corporate El Paso owns a lot of the seats and just doesn't utilize them. In the past 2 years, the seats to my left have been used TWICE. (I was told a UTEP professor has these) 4 seats in front of me get used about 1/8 of the time. Based on this small sampling, I am positive it's the same elsewhere each game.

I look around every game. I was thinking we would be close to a sellout last night, but by the missing pieces scattered everywhere, plus the upper areas completely empty, there is no way we were anywhere near 10k.

Like I said...we MIGHT have sold 10k seats, but we sure the hell didnt have that many there.
Look clown, I don't give a crap about your season tickets. If you say there were 4K empty seats then I call bullshit on you being there.

8K would indicate the arena was 2/3 full. I don't think that is the case. I will try and post some of the videos I took last night. The east and west sections (the long sides) were pretty full all the way to the top. Especially by the half. At tip off? That is a different story.

There were almost 11,000 people there in the stands. The line for tickets was out the door to the practice facility. It is easy to tell a crowd of 8,000 versus almost 11,000. The crowd yesterday was definitely almost 11k.

I have nothing but good things to say about the ticket office. That being said, the casual fan is going to have to learn that you can't arrive 5 minutes till tip off and expect to breeze right in.

You crazy...

8 thousand is what we average through out the season, beginning especially. Last night was a legit 11 grand, indicators such as the line at the ticket center, the line to get in the arena, the Rudolph parking lot packed, that's never been the case earlier in the season except for the Arizona game. Dude, take a hint, nobody has concurred with your inebriated assertion. As Keyshawn Johnson would say...C'mon Man!

Bring back the Amen chant!

Look clown, I don't give a crap about your season tickets. If you say there were 4K empty seats then I call bullshit on you being there.
Sorry, pardna...Usually I would bite and make your day. I'm just not that annoyed by your nonsense enough to take the bait....I'm really sorry.

I do KNOW there was around 8k in actually attendance based off what I saw and the opinions of several other friends that were actually there with me. Believe what you want homefry. The numbers spungebob gives isnt always accurate. It's for advertising dollars...This I do know.....

At any rate, the crowd was very alive once we kicked in gear...I LOVE it....too bad we don't have the casa ford casa nissan t for three this year...
sad0024.r191677.gif

I do KNOW there was around 8k in actually attendance based off what I saw and the opinions of several other friends that were actually there with me.
You are wrong. Attendance is based on tickets scanned, not sold. If you go to every game, it was very easy to tell that there were almost 11k people in the stands. If you think there were over 4,000 empty seats, then you need to get your eyes checked.

Ok ok ok....

as usual, you 2 personalities are right and I am wrong. I'm ok with it.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Enjoy your week.

Ok ok ok....

as usual, you 2 personalities are right and I am wrong. I'm ok with it.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Enjoy your week.
It's a fact we are all right. Ask anybody and they will tell you attendance is tickets scanned. You are the only person that thinks that there were 4,000 empty seats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT