ADVERTISEMENT

Last BB scholarship

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
What should Terry go after if he doesn't sign another freshman? A PG, shooter or a center?

“Last” is very unlikely as Hawkins and apparently Stroud thought about bolting already. Foolish to believe that nobody else will be leaving once the season concludes.

“Last” is very unlikely as Hawkins and apparently Stroud thought about bolting already. Foolish to believe that nobody else will be leaving once the season concludes.

As of now there will be ONE open scholarship. Would be even more “foolish” to speculate how many there MIGHT be and then start a discussion as to who/what we should fill those hypothetical spots with.

As of now there will be ONE open scholarship. Would be even more “foolish” to speculate how many there MIGHT be and then start a discussion as to who/what we should fill those hypothetical spots with.
So wait to see who all leaves and then start recruiting for those spots? Sounds like more transfers.

Yeah exactly. Recruiting is a crapshoot, especially at UTEP.

So wait to see who all leaves and then start recruiting for those spots? Sounds like more transfers.

I don’t really know. My first thought is we really need a TRUE point guard. Next thought is but we can’t shoot for shit so maybe a 2 who can shoot lights out is more important as Hawkins can probably get the job done at the point. Next thought, if BW does leave, which I don’t think he will, it will be all the more important to find a strong presence in the paint. That’s a big if.

So back to square one where we have one schollie, as of now, to give. I guess if I was pressed to give an answer, I think we need someone who can shoot above 40% from three more than anything at this point but I’d buy an argument that says we need a pg above anything else.

What are your thoughts?

I don’t really know. My first thought is we really need a TRUE point guard. Next thought is but we can’t shoot for shit so maybe a 2 who can shoot lights out is more important as Hawkins can probably get the job done at the point. Next thought, if BW does leave, which I don’t think he will, it will be all the more important to find a strong presence in the paint. That’s a big if.

So back to square one where we have one schollie, as of now, to give. I guess if I was pressed to give an answer, I think we need someone who can shoot above 40% from three more than anything at this point but I’d buy an argument that says we need a pg above anything else.

What are your thoughts?
I think McGriff would be the next man up next year at the point. At the very least, the hope is that he can provide some depth behind Hawkins and Boum. Also, it is possible that Kennedy could provide some impact at the one and two. For me it comes back to picking up another shooter who can come in and play right away. If we have another ride available, I would like to grab another athletic big who can score.

What are your thoughts?
I would go for a big since we have 2 guards already waiting in the wings. I really dont think all 4 of our bigs will be back. Then go from there. Of course if we get a stud freshman that would be fine too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT