ADVERTISEMENT

Last Dance Uteps Version

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Bulls had last dance
Knicks had Linsanity week

Utep has a lot of options for a Utep week.

Basketball would be

1966 team
sweet sixteen team
Don Haskins

Football would be
Jordan Palmer era
Mike rice Era
Bob Stulls coaching tenure

Bulls had last dance

Basketball would be

1966 team
sweet sixteen team
Don Haskins

Football would be
Jordan Palmer era
Mike rice Era

Fili I have to give you kudos for your enthusiasm. I enjoy it. And nothing towards you as you are a class guy, and trying hard to bring something UTEP has done of recent memory that is of importance.

But, I have to admit, I don't know on whether to laugh, or cry when I read it.

Fili I have to give you kudos for your enthusiasm. I enjoy it. And nothing towards you as you are a class guy, and trying hard to bring something UTEP has done of recent memory that is of importance.

But, I have to admit, I don't know on whether to laugh, or cry when I read it.

I dont follow ???

A lot of teams are doing a special week for their clubs. Since there is no sports and nothing going on.
Utep should do one.

I dont follow ???

A lot of teams are doing a special week for their clubs. Since there is no sports and nothing going on.
Utep should do one.

I was joking. Look how far back we have to go to have anything meaningful for UTEP sports. It is sad. And the post was not meant to demean UTEP it is just facts.

BG is a nice story, but he didn't even win a NCAA tournament game, do you really think any of this is worthy? We have only had 3 appearances in 28 years overall. Price never won a bowl game. Haskins is the only real story having taken us to the Sweet 16 28 years ago and winning a national championship.

We really have to look back 54 years for our last accomplishment in basketball? And 53 for our last bowl win in football? If that is not sad, I do not know what is.

Now I hope there are new stories to be made, but unfortunately the recent memories that have been produced are not very memorable.

I did think of one, our Track and Field program of the mid 70's through early 80's was one of the best in NCAA history. I guess you could combine that with Haskins and you could put something together. But you still have to go so far back.

Last edited:
I was joking. Look how far back we have to go to have anything meaningful for UTEP sports. It is sad. And the post was not meant to demean UTEP it is just facts.

We really have to look back 54 years for our last accomplishment in basketball? And 53 for our last bowl win in football? If that is not sad, I do not know what is.

Yes and this has been my point for 15 years. Countless schools with less resources have accomplished a lot more, while we have let almost every ex-conference member pass us by. UTEP hasn’t even come close to making the NCAA Tournament in 9 years. While it has played in a worse conference than it ever has.

Meanwhile, super fans and ADs expect all UTEP fans to buy tickets and get pissy when you don’t or when you give them legitimate questions about performance. Nothing has changed with Senter here, we might even be worse off.

Bulls had last dance

Basketball would be

1966 team
sweet sixteen team
Don Haskins

Football would be
Jordan Palmer era
Mike rice Era
We can not forget Dobbs. Only coach the last fifty years to go up, down an somewhere in the middle; kind of like MTSU currently. Since then it's been up and up (Stull), down (Lee), Up then straight down, no in between (Price, Nord/Year 1, Kugler/Up Year 1 &2) "Dumpster fire down" (last years of Kugler/Down; Post AJ & Dimel/Program is in danger. Senter ain't BS'ing anyone.)

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT