ADVERTISEMENT

LaTech - UTEP showdown setting up nicely but UTSA should NOT be overlooked

El Pasoans dont't put up with UTSA copycats, especially claims of "authentic" mexican food. Next week is a NMSU type of game.

Haha. I hear ya. I like the momentum the Miners have going. Really starting to gel, know their roles on the team, and the defensive intensity is nearly back to typical CTF form. In reality I think we beat UTSA by 10+, but they gotta play the game.

Originally posted by PURPLEFIRE:
Yup miners will be mineros even though they should just be miners!
I agree. I mean NO disrespect, but we are the Miners...in English.

In addition, I HATE when we wear the Texas Western unis. #1 we never play well in them. #2 that's not our school's name anymore.

Get off my lawn! :)

I agree, Ronstr, our team should not be wearing Texas Western uniforms for regular season games that count in our win-loss column. Each time I have seen them wear the uniforms they have stunk up the place (and lost).

At the risk of over-analysis, I feel that when wearing the uniforms of national champions there is too much pressure on the team, and the players invariably under-perform.

Enough of the hype (which is mainly for the audiences); our players are better off being allowed to just focus on the tasks at hand (i.e., winning that particular game).

Over time I feel our players would adjust (if they wore the uniforms for every game), but it seems like too much pressure for the given day. Ideally, wearing the uniforms would have no impact or give our team a boost, which must be the intent, but I have witnessed the opposite effect.

Library%20seals%20copy%204.jpg

The SEAL says it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT