ADVERTISEMENT

Lathon is back

startrektheoriginalseriesinthetransportertumblr_lnfmzzb74o1qboo5qo1_500.gif

I owe an apology to Mrs. 2step, she called it by saying he was upset and he will be back.

Holy Guac!
My mother used to watch soap operas, but I doubt any of them had as many twists and turns as this drama. Guess only time will tell what the causes were and what the future holds. And now we wait for Hawkins and Stroud developments.

Reactions: JCorona
Does she know or what does she think he was upset about?
A) He was integral cog in the wheel and sudden departure made no sense to her.
B) After telling her what I read (on here and media) during the Hawaii tournament she said "He's mad. He'll be back....he's not transferring....this makes no sense to leave at this time..."

I went off on some diatribe about the transfer portal and friction between the guards, player ego's, string theory, time travel, trickle down theory, did cars really go up towards the mountain (facing east) on Crazy Cat Mountain (Robinson) as some testified for decades? Etc....

Reactions: JCorona
Can’t they all just get along?
This is becoming a mess! Is there any leadership from the coaches or players?

Reactions: miner1liner
I hope it was the Lathon that played this past December who transferred out, and the one that played against Marquette who transferred in.

Seriously, I hope that the staff spreads minutes around more fairly this time around. There's no reason to go back to giving Hawkins 12 mpg and keeping Stroud on the bench while Lathon, Boum, and Edwards all play more than 34 mpg.

If you change your mind a week later, they are.
Maybe it was his family that convinced him to stay. The coach himself tweeted that there was a family issue.

Lathon's December slump would make more sense if there have been family issues weighing on him. The reason I say that is because Northwestern saw something like that happen with their starting QB this season, Hunter Johnson, a heralded transfer from Clemson. He never quite seemed to be in command of the game, and after missing a few games due to "injury," it was revealed midway through the season that his mother was battling cancer and the coach had decided to "take football off his plate." Until that reveal (the coach had tried to keep it secret), it was baffling to the fans, because although Hunter had struggled, the QB who played in his stead was definitely not better.

I agree that it's fishy (especially with the Hawkins and Stroud drama), but his December struggles can be explained if he was dealing with some family issues. And perhaps we misinterpreted his mother's cryptic tweets, if his family convinced him to stay. For that reason, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I hope it was the Lathon that played this past December who transferred out, and the one that played against Marquette who transferred in.

Seriously, I hope that the staff spreads minutes around more fairly this time around. There's no reason to go back to giving Hawkins 12 mpg and keeping Stroud on the bench while Lathon, Boum, and Edwards all play more than 34 mpg.
Definitely Maniac. Also, just winning some games will go a long ways to hopefully right the ship. Time to move past this pointless drama.

Reactions: miner1liner
A) He was integral cog in the wheel and sudden departure made no sense to her.
B) After telling her what I read (on here and media) during the Hawaii tournament she said "He's mad. He'll be back....he's not transferring....this makes no sense to leave at this time..."

I went off on some diatribe about the transfer portal and friction between the guards, player ego's, string theory, time travel, trickle down theory, did cars really go up towards the mountain (facing east) on Crazy Cat Mountain (Robinson) as some testified for decades? Etc....

That’s actually about the only thing that made sense to me, was the timing. Had he been serious about leaving, and followed through, he’d have been eligible about the same time of the season as Archie became eligible to play for us.

In other words he’d have been playing somewhere else next year, rather than having to sit all of next year out.

Reactions: Lil_Train
But this is also entirely plausible.

It’s just an assumption because of the Hawkins/Stroud decisions to stay as soon as Lathon decided to transfer.

But that reversal could’ve had to do with thinking that with Lathon gone they’d finally get the playing time they were lacking.

We will probably never know the truth, and be eternally left to come up with our own theories.

What the hell, what else are we gonna talk about in between games?:)

At this point, I'm just gonna sit back and expect the unexpected. I wonder how many programs have experienced the kind of chaos we have over the past 9yrs. Can't wait to see what the future holds!.... ugh....

Now can we just win. PLEASE?????

Well, we have the same team and coaching staff that has consistently looked worse as the season has progressed , so I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe they'll make a turnaround, but I've seen zero signs that point to that scenario. We've struggled in the same areas since the start, and teams are implementing game plans to take advantage of it with regular success now...

Reactions: MinerManiac
One thing I do miss about Floyd is the game planning and out-of-bounds plays.

It doesnt seem that we ever have a game plan coming in. We have also been consistently burned on out of bounds plays numerous times and I dont think we really have any ourselves.

He was by far a better coach in terms of those inbounds plays, and his creative defensive schemes/ strategies. I'd say both their half court offensive sets were equally uninspired, though. Terry is certainly better at maintaining relationships with his players.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
This is by far the weirdest season I've ever experienced....

Late 1970's UTEP basketball was Helter Skelter when Roshern Aime was on the team (yes, and Yellen an too). Good players but underachieved. Haskins turned it around quickly going into early 1980's.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
He was by far a better coach in terms of those inbounds plays, and his creative defensive schemes/ strategies. I'd say both their half court offensive sets were equally uninspired, though. Terry is certainly better at maintaining relationships with his players.
I see Terry's defensive schemes being better than Floyd's. I wasn't a fan of the box and 1 or triangle and 2 schemes. I like the way Terry goes straight man and the players seem to take pride in it. I'm pretty sure this team is allowing the least point per game since the early 2000s.

I agree about Floyd being better in inbounds plays, he was better and its not even close.

You know Floyd, Barbee, Rabs and Billy G. all had the luxury of having Haskins to guide them, at least for a while. How great would CRT be if he could sit and listen to the Bear give him all his knowledge about the game?

Reactions: topminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT