Lazy Bill Knight

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
In today’s EP Times column:

- no analysis of Arizona’s players/scheme

- no mention of Hawkins’ status

- no mention of where the game might be watched on TV

Something like that should be expected from Bill Knight. He is like the Bob Stull of the journalism world....receive a pay check for doing just the bare minimum.

Yeah. Local bloggers are out working him. The Times hasn’t had any good UTEP reporting since GOD knows when.

Yeah. Local bloggers are out working him. The Times hasn’t had any good UTEP reporting since GOD knows when.
Eh, they're a hit or a miss. In all fairness to the local sports news, CRT is very reserved when it comes to the bball team news unlike Dimel. I have a gut feeling UTEP may have whispered into CRT''s ear about news leaking out during Floyd era and how, in their opinion, caused stir amongst fans and Floyd.

Since Joe Muench. o_O

Don't laugh. When Muench spewed his anti-UTEP rhetoric, it had fans buzzing.

Oh God, don’t get me started on his Sloof Lipra bit every April. But seriously, I still have some newspaper clippings from the 04-05 UTEP football season and every Saturday there was a whole pull out section with breakdowns, rosters, notes, information on parking. It was really great coverage. Unfortunately newspapers are in a bad place and that type of coverage just does not exist anymore.

Oh God, don’t get me started on his Sloof Lipra bit every April. But seriously, I still have some newspaper clippings from the 04-05 UTEP football season and every Saturday there was a whole pull out section with breakdowns, rosters, notes, information on parking. It was really great coverage. Unfortunately newspapers are in a bad place and that type of coverage just does not exist anymore.

Right, but Knight is paid to cover local sports.

In today’s EP Times column:

- no analysis of Arizona’s players/scheme

- no mention of Hawkins’ status

- no mention of where the game might be watched on TV

people still read the newspaper???

You're right, all of you ... I'm getting old, and though I live 300 miles from ELP, I read the Times virtually every day, online.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT