ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go, UTEP!

JeepJackson22

MI VIP
Mar 12, 2007
Am I totally happy with all things UTEP athletics? Of course not, but UTEP is my team/school - good times, bad times - unconditionally - and I will continue to support UTEP as a fan as I have since childhood, now as alumni, and El Pasoan (even though I'm in the DFW area now, still consider myself an El Pasoan first and foremost) - I understand that in college athletics, especially for UTEP, money matters and will continue to purchase basketball/football season tickets every year, even if I just end up donating them. I don't understand those that think that not supporting financially is sending a message - if the majority followed that approach, what would be the end result for UTEP athletics be? A drop from D1 - is that the answer?? No! There are other ways to show your displeasure aside from not contributing to the athletic program - this isn't a professional team where there are funds abound to absorb ticket sale hits. Go UTEP! My 110% support doesn't mean I'm happy with everything, but that I have belief/hope that good times are coming, as long as the majority of the fan base continues to support our UTEP Miners in good times and bad......

Am I totally happy with all things UTEP athletics? Of course not, but UTEP is my team/school - good times, bad times - unconditionally - and I will continue to support UTEP as a fan as I have since childhood, now as alumni, and El Pasoan (even though I'm in the DFW area now, still consider myself an El Pasoan first and foremost) - I understand that in college athletics, especially for UTEP, money matters and will continue to purchase basketball/football season tickets every year, even if I just end up donating them. I don't understand those that think that not supporting financially is sending a message - if the majority followed that approach, what would be the end result for UTEP athletics be? A drop from D1 - is that the answer?? No! There are other ways to show your displeasure aside from not contributing to the athletic program - this isn't a professional team where there are funds abound to absorb ticket sale hits. Go UTEP! My 110% support doesn't mean I'm happy with everything, but that I have belief/hope that good times are coming, as long as the majority of the fan base continues to support our UTEP Miners in good times and bad......
Well said!

Thank you! It's amazing how people fail to understand that a program is not built overnight, but Billy, uh, he did. Get over it, he did, time to move on.

Reactions: roundsound11
Damn good post, so good you left the trolls speechless...well done. Just to add to that, what pisses me off about them is that when things aren't going so great, they'll disassociate themselves from the fanbase and ridicule us hardcore fans for the continued support, sound familiar. Oh but when the winning starts and championships follow, they'll be right there in the seat next to you cheering and claiming they've been a fan since childhood. Just cowards in my eyes.

Back on track...

To be honest I seriously think that our football and basketball teams are going improve
a lot.
Last year the football team won the games they had to win. I do believe that the football team will
beat some of the teams we haven't been able to beat in the past, including last year. Coach
Kug has been building this program from the ground up and he has delivred.
On the basketball side of the fence, I could honestly say that we have been frustrated, but
I do believe that Coach Floyd is finally getting the pieces we needed to be consistent. I know
we have a lot of non believers who will be surprised this year.

Saying that I hope we get a lot more people in the stands. We do need to support out
athletes. Instead of bashing the coaches and athletes we should make some recommendations
on how to improve our image.

Are there Trolls about? I can't see them but it sure is stinky around here.

I'm really excited about this year. I predict CTF will take the basketball team at least 2 deep into the NCAA tourney and Kugler will get 9+ wins and a bowl trophy.

I can't wait for basketball season but a good football year will make the wait a lot easier.

Picks up! Go UTEP!

My exact sentiments. I usually donate my football and basketball season tickets to family who still live in ELP but still follow avidly and support financially with as much as I can afford. Great University that tries hard to do things the right way. Go Miners

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Are there Trolls about? I can't see them but it sure is stinky around here.

I'm really excited about this year. I predict CTF will take the basketball team at least 2 deep into the NCAA tourney and Kugler will get 9+ wins and a bowl trophy.

I can't wait for basketball season but a good football year will make the wait a lot easier.

Picks up! Go UTEP!

Yes sir!!!!

Jeep...You've got it right. Well done. Silence from the trolls means they are struggling to come up with something.

Jeep...You've got it right. Well done. Silence from the trolls means they are struggling to come up with something.

Just because somebody doesn't respond to something doesn't mean they are struggling to come up with something to say. There wasn't anything really to respond here because it was just a homer thread saying UTEP will win two games int he Big Dance, etc.

Just because somebody doesn't respond to something doesn't mean they are struggling to come up with something to say. There wasn't anything really to respond here because it was just a homer thread saying UTEP will win two games int he Big Dance, etc.

I am not comfortable with the name calling, Bob. Can you forward my concerns to Rigo?

Proof that Chihuas is a troll.

miner1liner said:

GO Miners...

Proof that Chihuas is a troll.

miner1liner said:

GO Miners...

You are the people that call us trolls, so I responded. I don't mind being called a troll. If you think the people who backs up their opinions with facts are trolls, then so be it.

You are the people that call us trolls, so I responded. I don't mind being called a troll. If you think the people who backs up their opinions with facts are trolls, then so be it.

You don't back up anything with facts. Source your information. You "FOX News" your responses with old regional arguments, conjecture and slight of hand rhetoric.

I guess ChiChi got banned and now he's back already? I'll have to put him on my ignore list.He joined yesterday.

He now has 3 messages and 1 like. One of his other personalities was the likely "like". After all he has to prove that he is well liked. :D:rolleyes:

Preview_zps7gqm5flq.jpg
How embarrassing for you. ;):)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT