ADVERTISEMENT

Lew Stallworth out?

Uteper

MI Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2002
Ok, this is just a RUMOR I heard: Stallworth was kicked out of practice this week. Apparently Stallworth spoke back to Floyd and was told not to let the door hit him on the way out. He hasn't been at practice all week and is not at the game tonight. If this is true, our lack of depth became an even bigger issue.

Remember when UTEP used to be Point Guard University?

If true, hope not, further support that CTF doesn't seem to be connecting with his recruits - not sure why...........might need to adjust his approach....

Wow things keep getting better lol....sometimes you cant help but laugh!
I wonder if that's why this guy from England came on the radar?
This post was edited on 3/5 8:31 PM by PURPLEFIRE

"....removed from the team for the rest of the season." - what does that mean, just the remainder of this season or is he gone for good???

I took that as suspended for the rest of the season, not being kicked off the team.

Damn - either way, Floyd is not connecting with his players, something is not right there......

Just finished listening to Coach Johnson on the post game. Definitely done for the year. Don't know beyond that. Has been an ongoing issue, per Coach Johnson. At this critical time of the season, the team definitely doesn't need any distractions. See ya. I'm sure Stallworth has probably had some fustrations due to lack of PT, his illness didn't help. Of course no one here knows what the behavior was or has been, but obviously its been enough for Coach Floyd to say, hey, we've got a tournament to deal with, I'll deal with you later.

Originally posted by allminer:

Just finished listening to Coach Johnson on the post game. Definitely done for the year. Don't know beyond that. Has been an ongoing issue, per Coach Johnson. At this critical time of the season, the team definitely doesn't need any distractions. See ya. I'm sure Stallworth has probably had some fustrations due to lack of PT, his illness didn't help. Of course no one here knows what the behavior was or has been, but obviously its been enough for Coach Floyd to say, hey, we've got a tournament to deal with, I'll deal with you later.
Purely speculation on my part, but my guess is that LS bolts. I can't imagine a kid staying around after being released at the most critical time of the year. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if this fits right into CTF's plans. We sure are recruiting a lot of guards at this time.

Disappointing if Lew talked back. Sometimes a coach has to make an example to wake the rest of the guys up.

Craig Randall, a PG mentioned in a Miner Rush article, has eliminated UTEP from consideration. UTEP still has 14 open offers, majority of them to Guards or Combos. Not even going to try and guess what the roster will look like next year. But I hope we get a guard with some stars next to his name. Outside of Paul Thomas, our class doesn't look too strong. Hopefully we pick up either Melvin Frazier or Nick Blair. A point guard name Jahshire Hardnett would be an excellent get.

Originally posted by kickballpro:
Craig Randall, a PG mentioned in a Miner Rush article, has eliminated UTEP from consideration. UTEP still has 14 open offers, majority of them to Guards or Combos. Not even going to try and guess what the roster will look like next year. But I hope we get a guard with some stars next to his name. Outside of Paul Thomas, our class doesn't look too strong. Hopefully we pick up either Melvin Frazier or Nick Blair. A point guard name Jahshire Hardnett would be an excellent get.
I like the in coming class. I think Lee Moore is going to be a great addition. Hardnett won't be a Miner, he took visited UTEP with Paul Thomas and then forgot about UTEP

I'm with you guys I like this recruiting class.... With lee Thomas and Romine.....think Romine will be a sleeper....

Heard coach Bobby Cants on the Kappy show yesterday and it didn't sound like Lew is ever coming back. Cantu pretty much said he hopes he can continue his career somewhere else. Hope he doesn't come back. A scholly is more valuable than Lew. The kid was not really that good of a player. He reminded me of that kid that hustled hard to suck up to the coaches but at the end of the day he kinda sucked.

Right, because you're the expert. Jeez. What a flat out stupid post soda. The truth is Stallworth had as much potential as Harris. His liability early on was his defense. Harris's defense was piss poor early too, as was Morris's. They had the PT to improve on it. Stallworth fell behind the eight ball when he got sick and missed weeks of valuable practice and playing time and never caught up. I think that is probably what led to whatever frustration he had that manifested itself in his suspension. He definitely showed flashes of playing ability in his offense. Many on here would attest to that. But to say, or imply he sucked shows very little class on your part. Not surprised.

Originally posted by allminer:
Right, because you're the expert. Jeez. What a flat out stupid post soda. The truth is Stallworth had as much potential as Harris. His liability early on was his defense. Harris's defense was piss poor early too, as was Morris's. They had the PT to improve on it. Stallworth fell behind the eight ball when he got sick and missed weeks of valuable practice and playing time and never caught up. I think that is probably what led to whatever frustration he had that manifested itself in his suspension. He definitely showed flashes of playing ability in his offense. Many on here would attest to that. But to say, or imply he sucked shows very little class on your part. Not surprised.
Listen defender of all things UTEP, I stand by my post. Kid can't shoot. A few games ago he had more turnovers than minutes played. His talent does not overcome his shitty attitude. I trust the coaches, if they want to part ways with the kid it's probably for a good reason. What's stupid is you thinking the kid had the same potential as Morris or Omega.

If you had any reading ability at all, you'd see that I did not defend his suspension in a previous post. I also gave what is probably a valid reason for his lack of development. I think it lacks of class and shortsightness to post what you did. Flat out truth tough guy wanna be.

Want to call me a Homer for the school I graduated from and have supported for close to 35 years? I have no problem with that, sucks that you do.
This post was edited on 3/7 1:04 PM by allminer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT