ADVERTISEMENT

List of Richest peeps with ties to UTEP

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
For giving purposes, UTEP should be courting these folks full steam ahead. Free tickets, champaign lunches, brunches, interviews by the pool.

I'll start with the obvious.

Paul Foster and Alejandra de la Vega

Also, one of the de la Vega kids at least, Artemio I think, went to UTEP while I was there.

Josh Hunt (Hunt Family)

Bob O'Rear (Microsolft: Net Worth thought to be around 100 Mill at last count)

Who else?

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Foster went to Baylor I believe, but he has been a tremendous asset to UTEP and El Paso. He donated 50 million to the school of medicine in El Paso alone.

His net worth is around 1.5 billion, but he is not worth as much as some others. He ranks 40th in the state of Texas alone. He is the richest in El Paso and is seemingly focused on revitalizing downtown and creating new ventures for MountainStar. This a great, but if he ever decides to really jump in and help UTEP athletics (more) that would be awesome.

El chapo?

Maybe some of his family went to utep??
He has been thrown under the bus and the bus has rolled back and forth over him a few times by his own deep inner circle.
tenor.gif

See kids, like former FLOTUS Nancy said, "Say NO to drugs".

I wonder if there are any UTEP benefactors who do stuff like this? (nothing tasteless and SFW. Actually, I would read some of this to my kids so they can learn).

The wealthiest families are in no order:
Hunt
Foster
Bowling
Rubin

I know Hunt, Foster and Rubin have given a lot to UTEP. I have no idea about Bowling.

The wealthiest families are in no order:
Hunt
Foster
Bowling
Rubin

I know Hunt, Foster and Rubin have given a lot to UTEP. I have no idea about Bowling.
Bowling is or was more of a big political donor as most of your large home builders/developers are. Two names I have never heard together is Bowling (Tropicana Homes) and UTEP. but I am not saying he is not.

How about Beto? Beto's rich (he was born rich), and if he donates he can make amends for that time he was arrested on the UTEP campus for an attempted burglary charge.

For giving purposes, UTEP should be courting these folks full steam ahead. Free tickets, champaign lunches, brunches, interviews by the pool.

I'll start with the obvious.

Paul Foster and Alejandra de la Vega

Also, one of the de la Vega kids at least, Artemio I think, went to UTEP while I was there.

Josh Hunt (Hunt Family)

Bob O'Rear (Microsolft: Net Worth thought to be around 100 Mill at last count)

Who else?

What is champaign? and which pool are we having interviews by, the one at the rec center?

There are a lot of families that are not alumni but are just fans of UTEP because a good local university helps grow the job base and community. The Rubin's, Foster's and Hunt's already give more than enough to UTEP. Trust me, there are 30+ families in this city that could do the same for the university that those three families do.

Reactions: Dmanminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT