ADVERTISEMENT

LT Coach

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
"My message would be as much as you've supported us in the past, it's time. This is when we need you the most," White said Monday. "Not only to be here but to be loud and energetic and bring a friend and bring a cousin and bring a neighbor.

"We need this place packed and rocking. We've got to do everything we can as a team, as a program, as an athletic department and as a fan base to give ourselves the best chance possible Thursday night to be successful."

Coach calling on the fans for support.

I wont bash them for attendance. Ruston is a small town with a population of 20,000. Its seventy miles to the nearest meto area shreveport/ bosier city. On a Thursday night it would be a real accomplishment to get 5,000 people in the arena.

Hmmm...

Me thinks this guy is smelling the dough from a cartel school that will soon come if he makes the Tourney. It sounds like he's on his hands and knees begging for the fans to come out...{sigh} what money can do to people. The irony of it all is that he's begging the fans to help get him to the promise land and once there, he'll sneak out the back door the following week wearing the colors of a cartel school...SUCKERS!

Bring back the Amen chant!

Re: Hmmm...

Actually, he had the opportunity to take "cartel money" last year and he stuck around.

Originally posted by Minerforlife:
I wont bash them for attendance. Ruston is a small town with a population of 20,000. Its seventy miles to the nearest meto area shreveport/ bosier city. On a Thursday night it would be a real accomplishment to get 5,000 people in the arena.
By trying to find a local comparison, Alamogordo has a population of over 30,000, which means that it is 50% bigger than Ruston.

Las Cruces, which always blames it's small town for poor Football attendance, is 5 times bigger than Ruston.

Originally posted by T-6 Miner:
Actually, he had the opportunity to take "cartel money" last year and he stuck around.
He stayed because all the main players on the squad were returning. He's on his way out after this season

Originally posted by picks up:

He stayed because all the main players on the squad were returning. He's on his way out after this season
I dont know. He passed on Tennessee. I dont see any higher profile jobs than that being available to him this year. He may like Shaka Smart and Mark Few he might be content to build a legacy at La Tech.

I dont know. He passed on Tennessee. I dont see any higher profile jobs than that being available to him this year. He may like Shaka Smart and Mark Few he might be content to build a legacy at La Tech.
Maybe but I still think he's on his way out. We'll just have to wait and see

I haven't looked.....What does his incoming class look like? Who knows what his thoughts are..........

I took a quick look at VC and this is what I saw

2 PG's
-1 is a 3* player that looks like he had some good offers
-1 is a 2* player that had some mid-major offers

1 SG that is a JUCO guy with no other offers

VC

Well, if he does decide to bolt, he isn't leaving the cupboard bare. I hope he stays. He has built something there....

Originally posted by Ronstr300:
Well, if he does decide to bolt, he isn't leaving the cupboard bare. I hope he stays. He has built something there....
They have to decent freshmen but its going to be a major drop off

Coach Mike White's father is Kevin White, the current AD at Duke and previously AD at Notre Dame. He is one of the best ADs in the country. Coach White is very well connected and will have more opportunities.

Originally posted by 66CHamps:

Coach Mike White's father is Kevin White, the current AD at Duke and previously AD at Notre Dame. He is one of the best ADs in the country. Coach White is very well connected and will have more opportunities.
Im not saying he will never leave. He passed on Tennessee which by my estimation is the third best job in the SEC. Its obvious if he leaves it going to be for a specific destination. Im guessing he wants the Ole Miss job but Andy Kennedy seems very secure in Oxford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT