LT @ UTEP

Who wins

• LT

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • UTEP

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We dont need any different players. We need put in the right players and utilize our strengths.

Disagree. We could really use a true PG. We could also use a sharp shooter. Maybe even a quality big.

I know where you’re coming from, though. This is what we’ve got and it could be working better than it is with what we’ve got.

I believe this is the third game that villa turns the ball over in the final seconds of the game. This coming out of a timeout for a set play.

Coach Terry why is he in there during the final seconds? and why is he the main ball handler during the game ending play?

Had to listen during the last two minutes. During that final play, I heard the inbound go to Vila and I immediately thought "wtf, he's going to turn it over', and sure enough.

I just don't understand that logic. Why do you keep going back to plays/players in situations that always turn out disastrous? Ugh...

After the LT injury we all had the momentum in the game. Terry decided to end it by saying something to the refs and getting a technical. LT went back on a run a tied the game. We could have maybe pushed our lead into double digits or more. Instead we had to fight back into the game. Mediocre coaches can’t control their emotions and they lose close games like the 6 we’ve already lost. 7-7 vs D1 now. Take away the easy wins and we get a Rodney Terry coached team.

Disagree. We could really use a true PG. We could also use a sharp shooter. Maybe even a quality big.

I know where you’re coming from, though. This is what we’ve got and it could be working better than it is with what we’ve got.

I feel that Daryl Edwards and Boum can be sharp shooters, BUT we’re too busy turning the ball over! And we can’t run an offense

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I feel that Daryl Edwards and Boum can be sharp shooters, BUT we’re too busy turning the ball over! And we can’t run an offense

Wish I could agree with you, man. Really do, but Edwards goes into hiding every 2nd or 3rd game. And Boum...well, somebody else had a great quote that I only half remember at the moment as I’m a bit buzzed from the Fredericksburg winery tour. He said something along the lines of “Boum shoots with the confidence of Steph Curry, but scores with the frequency of X” (something not very frequent). I remember thinking it was a dead on quote, imo. Anyway, they are actually part of the turnover machine of which you speak. I would love for you to be right. Hopefully they prove you to be.

Ben Simmons (that search feature works!) is the guy you're thinking about. I've heard the Texas Hill Country has good vineyards.

Ben Simmons (that search feature works!) is the guy you're thinking about. I've heard the Texas Hill Country has good vineyards.

Ah yes, Ben Simmons. Too much trouble to search for he who is buzzing. Or not important enough at the moment. Thanks for the leg work.

Yes, the wine is divine (I never use that word, just feeling poetic, lol) out in the hill country. Very similar to some regions in France and Italy apparently.

"It was the real will of this group, from the guys cheering on the guys to the guys on the floor, that got us this win. We felt like our only way to beat them was with speed. UTEP is big, strong and explosive and we just really tried to pressure them. We needed our defense to spark our offense and it did."

This was a quote from La Tech head coach Eric Konkol after the game. This is exactly why UTEP should go inside and attack the rim. Stop shooting so many 3's and turning it over in the half court. We should be hanging our hat on finishing strong and getting to the line. Add that to our tough defense and we would be winning these close games, if they are close at all.

For UTSA all we need to do is pound them inside on offense and defend the 3. Keep it simple Terry and adjust as needed.

Last edited:
. This is exactly why UTEP should go inside and attack the rim. Stop shooting so many 3's and turning it over in the half court. We should be hanging our hat on finishing strong and getting to the line. Add that to our tough defense and we would be winning these close games, if they are close at all.

Live by the 3, die by the 3....except we don't actually make that many 3s

Live by the 3, die by the 3....except we don't actually make that many 3s
Williams attracts an immediate double team like a Gen Z to a stupid Meme. Saw some triples a few times.

Kickouts by him were good. UTEP was ice cold from three most of the game. That was a physical game and La Tech had one junior and one senior who knew how to win when under two minutes. UTEP is not there, yet. Konkol is a good coach and will move on to greener pastures; just not this year because he has underclassman who are learning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT