ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness 20-21

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
Thought we could use a thread to post thoughts, opinions and whatever else about the tourney.

I’ll start with an observation. There was a 7 foot UTEP commit that never made it to campus. Some of you may remember Roman Silva. Well he’s a 7’ 1” giant who plays for Oregon State now and he just scored 8 straight points for them in their pursuit to upset Tennessee. Sure glad he didn’t take any time away from Willms, or Vint, or whoever the hell else was here at that time. <sarcasm>

Pretty sure Floyd ran him off before he even got here by over recruiting and telling the kid he’d never play.

Reactions: Lil_Train
That’s exactly what happened to him. I think he went to Campbell for a minute after he was told to take a hike.

Let’s not be too hyped here. He averaged 5pts a game. He’s not athletic like Giannis. We didn’t miss on much.

Trey Wade played yesterday in the loss to Drake. He’s a much better player than Silva ever will be.

I hardly hyped him. It was more a knock on who was playing for us at the same position at that time. If I am hyping him at all, it’s the game he’s played so far today. Not athletic at all. Fundamental though.

I hardly hyped him. It was more a knock on who was playing for us at the same position at that time. If I am hyping him at all, it’s the game he’s played so far today. Not athletic at all. Fundamental though.

I hear you. Meant hyped like, upset that he wasn’t playing for us. I would take a healthy Willms on my college team any day.

4dyi65.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
I hear you. Meant hyped like, upset that he wasn’t playing for us. I would take a healthy Willms on my college team any day.
Really? I realize he battled injuries most of his career but I always thought he was soft even when healthy. He had one above average year where he tallied 11.5 and 5.5 per game. The rest of his career was a head scratcher for me...especially with CTF claiming he’d be a future NBAer.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Really? I realize he battled injuries most of his career but I always thought he was soft even when healthy. He had one above average year where he tallied 11.5 and 5.5 per game. The rest of his career was a head scratcher for me...especially with CTF claiming he’d be a future NBAer.

He wouldn’t be starting or had the offense built around him, but yeah

Reactions: MineroFanatico
If N. Texas wins that's 4 out of the last 5 years a CUSA double digit seed upset a Big Boy in the 1st round. Just no Sweet 16s in quite awhile. If N. Texas wins I'm driving 30 min up to Denton to drink 🍻

Last edited:
UNT didn't even win the west division. They finished 5/6th in the conference. Lost the last 3 games of the regular season. You just never know who's going to get hot at the right time.

I think conference USA is 5-1 or 6-1 in the last 6 or 7 first round games.... not bad for such a supposedly bad conference.... have said it for a long time... the top can play with anyone... it’s our bottom that’s just awful

I'm starting to think the Big 10 is overrated.
They were seeded too high for sure and have had an Awful start. I am low key jealous that N. Texas is in this position and not Utep which should be the best Texas team in CUSA, but whatever Go Mean Green!!

First, congrats to Oral Robert's, and kudos to UNT for representing CUSA. Great job today.

Tonight was the first chance I've had to see SDSU. I was really cheering for the Aztecs for two reasons: they are a mid-major with a solid seed, and I earned a master's degree from there. Wow, what a disappointment. A 10 minute scoring drought? Was that the Miners in Aztec uniforms?

Four Big Ten teams in the top 10 just doesn't seem right.
Exactly. I was saying this all along that the conference was overrated and that basing the teams on their conference record was extremely deceiving. Already 3 of the 9 are eliminated. They put almost every team in every year and they never win it.

The Pac 12 may be the most underrated conference. We will see tomorrow.

First, congrats to Oral Robert's, and kudos to UNT for representing CUSA. Great job today.

Tonight was the first chance I've had to see SDSU. I was really cheering for the Aztecs for two reasons: they are a mid-major with a solid seed, and I earned a master's degree from there. Wow, what a disappointment. A 10 minute scoring drought? Was that the Miners in Aztec uniforms?
I said the problem with that team was that they can't score. Defensively, they are great. Syracuse basically won with 1 guy on offense. I was surprised that SDSU had such a poor game plan and did not pound the ball more inside. All they kept doing is jacking up 3's. If they could have hit some it may have been different, but that is not their style.

I have to blame poor coaching because you knew they would see a zone. But their lack of scoring bit them in the ass. I think if they got past that game, it was wide open for them.

It sure is funny that UTEP tards said they lost to an average UNT team 2 months ago. Lol. Did you guys give Terry another contract extension for another bottom of CUSA finish?

It sure is funny that UTEP tards said they lost to an average UNT team 2 months ago. Lol. Did you guys give Terry another contract extension for another bottom of CUSA finish?
Win one game and they act like they have won the national championship. Why keep coming over here? We don't even care about you.

You are an average team in a bad conference who happened to play an extremely overrated conference team that no way should have been seeded where they were.

Now, in saying that we already know UTEP is terrible, but at least we have history. You have none, and never will. No one cares about North Texas. Better to be a has been than a never was or will be.

Where do you think McCasland will be coaching next year? He is a pretty good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT