ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness 20-21

Lol so unt wins their first ever ncaa game and the "fan" celebrates by trolling the loser UTEP board. It's clear who untfan really is.

Reactions: axingfools1
Lol so unt wins their first ever ncaa game and the "fan" celebrates by trolling the loser UTEP board. It's clear who untfan really is.
UNT is the Sara Palin of D1 college in The State of Texas. They get some limelight after some very brief success, then f it up like the crazy aunt who blurts out stupid stuff at the family get together.

Reactions: Rocketsr
I'm a UTEP fan who lives in the Dallas area and go to a bunch of NT games. Their coach is top notch but their program is a joke. The arena is like a morgue and they get no crowd. McCasland will leave this year and obscurity and mediocrity will soon follow.

Their program is a joke? They won the CBI a few years ago. Regular season champions last year and they won a NCAA this year. Hardly a joke like Rice, UTSA, or (gasp) UTEP.

I'm a UTEP fan who lives in the Dallas area and go to a bunch of NT games. Their coach is top notch but their program is a joke. The arena is like a morgue and they get no crowd. McCasland will leave this year and obscurity and mediocrity will soon follow.
We will be fine. UNT is committed to improving athletics and the results are beginning to show. UTEP is the poster child for obscurity and mediocrity. Your arena is outdated, so stop thinking you guys play in this bad ass arena lol. Plus UNT's facilities are head and shoulders above UTEP's.

Last edited:
We will be fine. UNT is committed to improving athletics and the results are beginning to show. UTEP is the poster child for obscurity and mediocrity. Your arena is outdated, so stop thinking you guys play in this bad ass arena lol.
Even you have to admit. Your game day experience is a joke at that morgue. 500 fans maybe, the arena is dark, no real enthusiasm. Horrible atmosphere. If you think different you haven't been to many college arenas. Congratulations on your win and fantastic coach. Good program? NO WAY

Even you have to admit. Your game day experience is a joke at that morgue. 500 fans maybe, the arena is dark, no real enthusiasm. Horrible atmosphere. If you think different you haven't been to many college arenas. Congratulations on your win and fantastic coach. Good program? NO WAY
Getting him to admit that is like getting Taco to admit Gonzaga may be the best team. Good luck.

UNT is a real college. UTEP is a glorified community college. A lot of UTEP grads apply to work at the company that I work for, and they have been some of the worst interviews that I have ever been a part of. One of them spelled their name wrong on their resume. You guys take stupid to another level.

The stuff you guys will bring up is funny. What is next???? UTEP concessions offer 46 oz.soft drinks and UNT only has 44 oz.?? I guess UNT can't match that Duke home game type atmosphere that UTEP has.

UNTfan is the kind of dumbass that rather than really celebrate a win, instead looks to rub shit in someone’s face. We’ve all met that miserable guy before.

It’s funny that even if he isn’t who he reminds us of, he sure as hell seems a lot like him. Poor fella.

Everyone, there is no need to insult UNT and/or Denton, and certainly no need to insult them as a way of attacking UNTfan. Now assume that you were a fan of UNT. Would UTEP's Rivals board be the only one you ever posted on? His first post, and every subsequent post, has been on this board. He's not a UNT fan. If you ignore him, he will go away.

Everyone, there is no need to insult UNT and/or Denton, and certainly no need to insult them as a way of attacking UNTfan. Now assume that you were a fan of UNT. Would UTEP's Rivals board be the only one you ever posted on? His first post, and every subsequent post, has been on this board. He's not a UNT fan. If you ignore him, he will go away.
You are right. We should feel sorry for the guy. Seriously guys what if you were him? Imagine your life? We all know that he is a closet UTEP fan and has never been accepted by his family. He has to hide his orange shirts and jackets in the back of his closet. He dreams of El Paso everytime he bites into his Enchrito from Taco Bell.

Maniac is right, we need compassion for this poor soul. He is striking out at what he loves. Don't worry UNTfan, we are here for you. We understand you, and love you.

Agree. My wife graduated from UNT. I left EP for Denton and resided there for 4 years. My sister played volleyball for TWU. My eldest was born there. We had such an affinity for Denton, it became my son’s middle name, as we left there about 2 weeks after he was born. I loved my time there.

We kind of aged out of it though. It was/is a great college town. Wasn’t much for us afterwards. That was 26 years ago though. I’m sure it’s changed a little bit.

UNT is a real college. UTEP is a glorified community college. A lot of UTEP grads apply to work at the company that I work for, and they have been some of the worst interviews that I have ever been a part of. One of them spelled their name wrong on their resume. You guys take stupid to another level.
Now you just showed your stupidity. Academically Utep is far superior to UNT look it up. Utep is a Tier 1 University, UNT is not Genius! Also utep still has more wins in the Basketball series with you as well as 17 NCAA appearances. Do you realize how idiotic you sound right now? I live in DFW, and am happy for them, but you Sir don't represent most of Eagle Nation. They are cool, fun and humble. You are none of those and also uneducated when it comes to NCAA Basketball apparently. Get off this board Troll!!!

Going for Villanova or as one of their head to head competitors calls them in Philly, "VillaNoFun".

Love Baylor's style. Quick, strong D, attack the rim, rebound and shoot 3s. They are using 3s to compliment their game, not as a means to win or lose. They slide to the rim off of drives well too.
Did you see Gonzaga almost win by 50 yesterday? Now you know why I like that team to play Baylor in the finals. They move the ball up the court so quickly that you cannot set up on defense and they easily go 7 deep. I really hope that they play each other in the final as it will be a great one.

Going for Villanova or as one of their head to head competitors calls them in Philly, "VillaNoFun".
I have to pull for my CUSA brothers against them. Also, do you think they can get by Baylor with the loss of one of their best players?

Now you just showed your stupidity. Academically Utep is far superior to UNT look it up. Utep is a Tier 1 University, UNT is not Genius! Also utep still has more wins in the Basketball series with you as well as 17 NCAA appearances. Do you realize how idiotic you sound right now? I live in DFW, and am happy for them, but you Sir don't represent most of Eagle Nation. They are cool, fun and humble. You are none of those and also uneducated when it comes to NCAA Basketball apparently. Get off this board Troll!!!
Hate to say it natty but UNT is also a tier 1 research university like UTEP but you are spot on with everything else. Also UTEP women are smarter, prettier than UNT women. And El Paso has better food. And UTEP has more fans. And El Paso has better weather and more beautiful sunsets. And so forth and so on.

I have to pull for my CUSA brothers against them. Also, do you think they can get by Baylor with the loss of one of their best players?

I don't see UNT getting past Villanova. McCasland is a good coach but Jay Wright of Villanova is one of the best coaches of this current era. Villanova over both Texas schools by the end of next weekend.

However, if Arkansas makes it past Tech, which appears iffy, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Razorbacks in the F4, they're tough.

"INDIANAPOLIS -- After guiding Iona to the NCAA men's basketball tournament in his first season as coach, Rick Pitino has no plans to leave.

Pitino on Saturday said he wants "no part of the so-called big time anymore," as the Gaels' season concluded with a 68-55 loss to No. 2 seed Alabama in the first round of the tournament at Hinkle Fieldhouse...."-ESPN.COM

Lol UNT is a Tier 1 University. You just showed that you are a UTEP grad. You should be proud of your community college diploma hanging on your wall.
How many NCAA appearances have you had since Haskins?? Yes everybody knows you guys were relevant way back in the day.

Last edited:
Lol UNT is a Tier 1 University. You just showed that you are a UTEP grad. You should be proud of your community college diploma hanging on your wall.
How many NCAA appearances have you had since Haskins?? Yes everybody knows you guys were relevant way back in the day.
How is a community college if it's also a Tier1 University Dumb Ass!

Reactions: Cube Jack
Come on dude. Everyone outside of El Paso knows UTEP is a joke for academics. Enjoy your Tier 1 while it lasts lol. Just saying.

Absolutely right, Maniac. I have posted off-topic content in response to his/her drivel but finally just ignored him/her. It was fun while it lasted but like other "fun while it lasted" things this one got old quickly.

In any case, s/he is on my ignore now. No need for me to find other off-topic content to counter the drivel no matter how much fun it was because it's not fun anymore.

Last edited:
I’ve watched both Oregon State games this tourney. I am really impressed with Roman Silva’s game. Not saying he would have made us any better, but he has been a force to be reckoned with. He’s not a stat padder. Defensively he clogs the lane. He rebounds well. Constantly alters or blocks shots. On the other end he has good foot work for a big. He has a soft touch. I think he shot 70% on the season. He is a damn good passer. If he can’t rebound he tips a lot of balls out towards the three point lane creating 2nd and 3rd chance points.

He lumbers and by appearances, looks very unimpressive. He is shooting 77% for the tournament. Tonight he scored 7 points, had 12 boards (4 offensive), 4 blocks, a couple assists and created havoc for Oklahoma State inside the lane on both ends of the court. Against Tennessee he had 16 points, 4 boards, 3 blocks and made life difficult for the opposing interior players. He’s been a big part of Oregon State’s recent momentum and run and has been fun to watch.

I’ve watched both Oregon State games this tourney. I am really impressed with Roman Silva’s game. Not saying he would have made us any better, but he has been a force to be reckoned with. He’s not a stat padder. Defensively he clogs the lane. He rebounds well. Constantly alters or blocks shots. On the other end he has good foot work for a big. He has a soft touch. I think he shot 70% on the season. He is a damn good passer. If he can’t rebound he tips a lot of balls out towards the three point lane creating 2nd and 3rd chance points.

He lumbers and by appearances, looks very unimpressive. He is shooting 77% for the tournament. Tonight he scored 7 points, had 12 boards (4 offensive), 4 blocks, a couple assists and created havoc for Oklahoma State inside the lane on both ends of the court. Against Tennessee he had 16 points, 4 boards, 3 blocks and made life difficult for the opposing interior players. He’s been a big part of Oregon State’s recent momentum and run and has been fun to watch.
In case some have forgotten, like myself.

https://www.minerrush.com/2016/4/16/11444590/utep-basketball-2016-f-c-roman-silva-signs-with-utep

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I don't see UNT getting past Villanova. McCasland is a good coach but Jay Wright of Villanova is one of the best coaches of this current era. Villanova over both Texas schools by the end of next weekend.

However, if Arkansas makes it past Tech, which appears iffy, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Razorbacks in the F4, they're tough.
Sorry but Villanova is not getting by Baylor

Death, taxes, seeing the Big Ten face plant in March.

With the focus of the season being conference play due to Covid this year, it's been difficult to assess teams this year with limited out of conference games. Is this a good team or are they just beating up equally bad conference teams? The question going forward as more conferences move to expanded conference schedules and less OOC games, is the committee going to adjust their evaluation?

Exactly. I was saying this all along that the conference was overrated and that basing the teams on their conference record was extremely deceiving. Already 3 of the 9 are eliminated. They put almost every team in every year and they never win it.

The Pac 12 may be the most underrated conference. We will see tomorrow.
Despite what Michigan accomplishes moving forward, or doesn’t accomplish, I gotta hand it to you. You’ve been saying this all along. Good call!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT