ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Mckinney 115k followers

The guy has 7 posts on his IG. The 115k followers looks fishy

He probably bought his followers and/or the followers are from fake accounts.

I never and will never understand why people care so much about followers. If you want to follow me, then go ahead. But I'm the same person if I have 20 followers or 20 thousand followers.

Reactions: MinerManiac
He probably bought his followers and/or the followers are from fake accounts.
Why would someone do this?

I could maybe understand it on YouTube to get your silver play button, but it's not something I would be proud of if I knew it was built on lies.

Why would someone do this?

I could maybe understand it on YouTube to get your silver play button, but it's not something I would be proud of if I knew it was built on lies.

I have no clue why, but there are people who do it. There are many articles talking about this. Some people like to say they have tons of followers I guess.

Being proud of having a certain amount of followers (even if all the followers are real) isn't something somebody should be proud of.

I have no clue why, but there are people who do it. There are many articles talking about this. Some people like to say they have tons of followers I guess.

Being proud of having a certain amount of followers (even if all the followers are real) isn't something somebody should be proud of.
If you're a person who makes YouTube videos and you have 100,000 real people who like your content enough to follow your channel, I think that's something to be proud of. Some people make a living off it and they put some effort and production values into their videos.

Reactions: JCorona
If you're a person who makes YouTube videos and you have 100,000 real people who like your content enough to follow your channel, I think that's something to be proud of. Some people make a living off it and they put some effort and production values into their videos.

Different stroke for different folks. If you fell "proud" for people liking your videos, then I'm not sure what to say.

I don't care about social media because I'm not a "look at me" person. I don't care about strangers on the Internet liking my posts.

Just listened to Mario McKinney on Minertalk and they asked him how did he get his followers and he said that in high school he started a movement called hoodie fam or something like that, and that is how he got his followers. Lebron’s son started following and that’s when his followers increased. Thought you would like to know, fili.

Just listened to Mario McKinney on Minertalk and they asked him how did he get his followers and he said that in high school he started a movement called hoodie fam or something like that, and that is how he got his followers. Lebron’s son started following and that’s when his followers increased. Thought you would like to know, fili.

LOL They should have asked him if he's proud to have so many followers.

That makes sense why his followers would go up.

That's a stupid question, good thing you weren't the one giving a interview.

See post #45.

You saying something is stupid is hilarious!!!

I still have yet to figure out if this is how you truly act in person or if you are a troll. I really hope it's the latter.

See post #45.

You saying something is stupid is hilarious!!!

I still have yet to figure out if this is how you truly act in person or if you are a troll. I really hope it's the latter.
You probably didn't read his comment correctly. There's a huge difference between someone liking a selfie you post on Instagram and someone liking the content on your videos that you spent hours, sometimes days or weeks to produce.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
You probably didn't read his comment correctly. There's a huge difference between someone liking a selfie you post on Instagram and someone liking the content on your videos that you spent hours, sometimes days or weeks to produce.

I read what he posted. Like I said, different strokes for different folks. If you have that amount of time to spend on videos and then get joy at the amount of likes that you get, then I'm not really sure what to say. If that's what makes you proud and happy in life, then do it. I'm not going to judge anybody how they obtain those feelings.

I read what he posted. Like I said, different strokes for different folks. If you have that amount of time to spend on videos and then get joy at the amount of likes that you get, then I'm not really sure what to say. If that's what makes you proud and happy in life, then do it. I'm not going to judge anybody how they obtain those feelings.
Most of those You Tubers make videos as a full time job and have no other source of income. I could see why one would be proud that strangers like their content enough to pay them to do what they love. According to one article on Google

"Creators with 100,000 subscribers can still make decent money.

Using the same rates as above, a YouTuber with 100,000 subscribers and 2 new videos each week can make $600 to $1,000. This comes out to around $2,400 to $4,000 per month in ad revenue."

That's more money than some jobs that require college degrees pay.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Most of those You Tubers make videos as a full time job and have no other source of income. I could see why one would be proud that strangers like your content enough to pay you to do what you love. According to one article on Google

"Creators with 100,000 subscribers can still make decent money.

Using the same rates as above, a YouTuber with 100,000 subscribers and 2 new videos each week can make $600 to $1,000. This comes out to around $2,400 to $4,000 per month in ad revenue."

That's more money than some jobs that require college degrees pay.

Most people who make YouTube videos do it as a full time job? That's not true at all. Very few people who make YouTube videos can support themselves just by making videos.

The article you stated said CAN make.

This is one of the problems with some people today. They think they can stay at home and make videos and think they can make a living out of it. The chances of that happening is slim.

Imagine worrying about getting likes from strangers in order to pay rent? What happens if you don't get the likes? Then you don't eat. You can't pay rent.

Most people who make YouTube videos do it as a full time job? That's not true at all. Very few people who make YouTube videos can support themselves just by making videos.

The article you stated said CAN make.

This is one of the problems with some people today. They think they can stay at home and make videos and think they can make a living out of it. The chances of that happening is slim.

Imagine worrying about getting likes from strangers in order to pay rent? What happens if you don't get the likes? Then you don't eat. You can't pay rent.
Let me rephrase it. Most YouTubers with 100k or more followers have reached a point where it's a full time job. You don't need likes, all you need is people to watch your videos to get paid. The likes are extra recognition.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Let me rephrase it. Most YouTubers with 100k or more followers have reached a point where it's a full time job. You don't need likes, all you need is people to watch your videos to get paid. The likes are extra recognition.

You have proof to back up your claims?

Let's say what you said is true (I'm going to go with the lower number). So that's $600 to make 2 videos a week. You said these videos can take days or weeks to produce.

Let's just say each video takes 20 hours to make. So that's spending 40 hours to make $600. That's IF you can get 100,000 people to like your post. Plus, I'm not even counting the costs associated to produce the videos.

So you're making $15 an hour. I would rather make money other ways, but if people want to make money that way I would never judge them.

Last edited:
The guy has 7 posts on his IG. The 115k followers looks fishy

That would mean that he doesn't create content. He picked up followers and basically left them hanging. Those followers likely don't visit his IG much, if they even bother to anymore, which translates into absolutely ZERO benefit to UTEP or even to McKinney himself.

Look at this gem of a post. McKinney was a crap player and UTEP averaged their lowest total ever since moving into the DHC (besides COVID year).

Guess all his followers didn’t attend games. No surprise there. Guess UTEP won’t be building the team around him either.

Though LeBron’s kids follow him, so that is a big plus for UTEP!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT