ADVERTISEMENT

Matt wilms

That is great news! Regardless of how much Vint has improved, I like him coming off the bench behind Willms a whole lot more. Possible starting lineup...

Willms
Jones
Morris
Moore
Artis

Leaves some nice options for subs. Perhaps Romine, who is only 17 still, can RS now and add some weight, gain some strength and polish his game.

Alex over at MR, who's opinion I trust, said that Jones is the shiz. Could turn out to be a fine year with what appears to be solid depth.

Reactions: allminer
Maybe someone can clarify the severity of his injury. I understood back when it
was first announced that it was so bad that surgery would be required resulting in missing the entire season. How could the report have been so far off?

Your kidding right? We get better reporting from tweets and Miner fans than the ELP Times.

My guess is that it was some sort of arthroscopic clean-up of his shoulder. When all goes well, that is a quick and easy surgery from which to recuperate. They may not have had a clear picture of what exactly was needed when the injury first occurred. This is very good news, for Matt and for UTEP.

Reactions: tbleslieDELETE
Is he cleared to play immediately n start the season? That's Awesome and have yet to see n e thing from Floyd or Newspaper, but if its on Twitter it must be true lol

Very interesting turn of events. Hope it doesn't become a nagging issue that plagues him throughout the season, like what happened Ced.

Very good news though.

Is he cleared to play immediately n start the season? That's Awesome and have yet to see n e thing from Floyd or Newspaper, but if its on Twitter it must be true lol

While I take info from twitter sphere with a grain of salt, Willms himself tweeted that he has been immediately cleared to play.

Reactions: nattybry
Unfortunately once 7 footers get foot problems they never go away. They were going to apply for a medical redshirt. After conultating with a dr they may have been told its a chronic condition that wont get better with time. What almost alwaus derails 7 footers careers are foot injuries.

Unfortunately once 7 footers get foot problems they never go away. They were going to apply for a medical redshirt. After conultating with a dr they may have been told its a chronic condition that wont get better with time. What almost alwaus derails 7 footers careers are foot injuries.
We hope this does not turn out to be the case with Matt, but an example of this is Joel Embid. The 76ers 7-Footer who was a phenomenal prospect when UTEP played Kansas, just 2 years ago. Yet now he is already confirmed to miss his first 2 NBA Seasons due to foot injuries.

My hope is that since Willms is cleared to play starting on "day one", that maybe it is not as severe as previously feared.

One of my favorite players Yao Ming! He would've been hall of famer w/o the injuries

giphy.gif

It's Willms -- Matt Willms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT