ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe UTEP should have hired Willie Fritz?

Maybe? Of course we should have hired Fritz. Bob Stull is really the one to blame for the mess UTEP Athletics is in today.

-Most of his hires were duds
-Rejecting the MWC invite

What’s his claim to fame— the Durham Center? For every good hire he made you can counter with 2-3 bad hires.

He should not be allowed on campus ever again for setting the program back years, if not decades.

Fritz has been thrown around on here for years. UTEP had their chance.

However, most on here were “shat their pants with delight” happy when Kugler was hired. We had no clue Kugler was in no way ready to run a FBS level program. No one knew. He had NFL and Boise State credentials.

Reactions: MinerFan79

However, most on here were “shat their pants with delight” happy when Kugler was hired. We had no clue Kugler was in no way ready to run a FBS level program. No one knew. He had NFL and Boise State credentials.
Huh? I remember most of us being pissed off we hired Kugler instead of the SHSU coach.

I actually remember a bunch of people being all thrilled about Kugler being hired as if he was suddenly going to turn UTEP into Alabama
I was excited about Kugler. I was told that he was going to bring toughness and discipline. I dont think anybody knew that was ALL he would bring. Bad hire.

I was worried, but hopeful, when we hired Kugler. I was hopeful because he had a reputation as being a damn good O-line coach. But I was more worried because he hadn't been a coordinator or head coach, and thought that Fritz was a better choice. Hiring someone with UTEP ties meant nothing to me.

I was worried, but hopeful, when we hired Kugler. I was hopeful because he had a reputation as being a damn good O-line coach. But I was more worried because he hadn't been a coordinator or head coach, and thought that Fritz was a better choice. Hiring someone with UTEP ties meant nothing to me.
I can’t find diddly in the search. But I thought it was a good hire at the time.

Seth Littrell fired tonight. Took them to a bowl in 6 of 7 seasons and played for the conference championship yesterday. Wonder who they think they can get. Was only 44-44 over his 7 seasons though.

Seth Littrell fired tonight. Took them to a bowl in 6 of 7 seasons and played for the conference championship yesterday. Wonder who they think they can get. Was only 44-44 over his 7 seasons though.
With a resume like that Senter and Wilson would build a statue of them fellating Seth.

I'd take him. That's the next step UTEP needs to take: bowl eligible every season with the possibility of competing for the conference title.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT