ADVERTISEMENT

MBB- All Decade Team

2010-2019. Who do you have?

F Vince Hunter
F Julian Washburn
C John Bohannon
G Randy Culpepper
G Julyan Stone
Why are UTEP fans keeping Caracter off their UTEP All Decade team? It baffles me? His eligibility in 12/09 and first game against OU showed he was an elite player at the collegiate level and delivered a conference title. UAB was tough that year and UTEP won a close contest. Sadly, his lack of maturity killed his NBA career.

Caracter, the MVP in a UTEP uni who had the half season. If he doesn't want to be part of UTEP history that is fine. There are other UTEP legends who want nothing to do with UTEP.

However, facts are facts.

Reactions: Papa64
Basketball and football. Tony Tolbert is the most notable because he blames UTEP for the turf of the Sun Bowl for shortening his NFL career due to knee problems.
I'd be interesting to know who and why. Tolbert I heard about and I can't think of anyone else.

C Caracter
F B. Williams
F Washburn
G Culpepper
G Stone

C Lang
F Hunter
F J. Williams
G Lee Moore
G Artis

I am going to leave him off my list on a technicality. His season did not start this decade so therefore it belongs in the last decade.
So technically if we don’t make the dance this year then this will be the first decade since the 50s without a NCAA tournament appearance.

Basketball and football. Tony Tolbert is the most notable because he blames UTEP for the turf of the Sun Bowl for shortening his NFL career due to knee problems.

Tolbert has been back to UTEP appearing at events, so maybe he doesnt have a grudge anymore.

So technically if we don’t make the dance this year then this will be the first decade since the 50s without a NCAA tournament appearance.

They made it in 2010 and that was part of this decade.

Last edited:
Hardaway won the best player under 6' award.
Correct. The (James) Naismith Award listed on that site is for the overall player of the year. No Miner has won that award. Hardaway won the Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award, which is for the best player under 6'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT