ADVERTISEMENT

McFarland already done

bkelly

MI Hall of Famer
Dec 2, 2004
Apparently McFarland, the transfer from Texas, has already been kicked off the football team. Lang is said to take his place at TE now instead of DE.

Last edited:
Apparently McFarland, the transfer from Texas, has already been kicked off the football team. Land is said to take his place at TE now instead of DE.

With all due respect, from where are you getting your information? I haven't been able to find anything from UTEP or the local news affiliates.

Apparently McFarland, the transfer from Texas, has already been kicked off the football team. Land is said to take his place at TE now instead of DE.
Don't post Shit that's not true or verified please. This is simply not correct, thanks for wasting our time

The KVIA article is old.
Don't understand why people start rumors without proof.
I know is slow out here but don't start BS rumors....

Go Miners...

I agree with you guys. Some people are very quick to post something without verifying information. I understand this is a message board but innuendos can be damaging.

Old news for you.
New news, for others.
It's a relative thing.

I would agree with that, except the statement made by bkelly is nowhere near accurate and is not remotely close to what was actually reported on McFarland. Sitting out of Spring drills due to concussion is a far cry from having "been kicked off the football team".

I understand being upset with no hyperlink to prove this but I trust my source who is close with the athletic department. Take it as a rumor or as BS but it will come out eventually as a story.

I would regard this as fairly big news for UTEP Football. If he's gone, he's gone. Terminated. Canned. There's nothing new to develop. Why wouldn't this news have been reported by now? I'm skeptical.

I understand being upset with no hyperlink to prove this but I trust my source who is close with the athletic department. Take it as a rumor or as BS but it will come out eventually as a story.

If for health reasons, why not now? Concussions are serious and have long range of issues as the player gets older.

I can't see any discipline issues. He was a model student/athlete at Texas and dedicated to his studies and never was a discipline problem, hence why it was a kind of a shocker to Texas and their fans he wanted to play his last year elsewhere.

I have been in this board a long time and have read stuff from former equipment managers, former players, family members of former players, etc.. say a lot of stuff on this board. Most of it didn't pan out and some were bs. It's not like a city just decided to knock down city hall to build a stadium:p

I wish the best for him, but his production at Texas didn't make him a "star" recruit in my view.

Wow, I was just at Coronado this past Thursday and he was out there with about 10 other high school aged kids running drills. He was going pretty hard but I guess that's before he took to the mota after practice. Unbelievable, just sad.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just to clarify... <a href="http://t.co/iHH3KFGTeC">pic.twitter.com/iHH3KFGTeC</a></p>&mdash; MJ McFarland (@MJayy85) <a href="">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT