ADVERTISEMENT

Memo to ESPN+ Broadcast Team

TenaciousD

Rookie
Jun 28, 2001
El Paso, TX
Couple notes:

DK - Stop using the term "bugaboo" - This is not 1957, and unless you are going to start calling the team "cagers", just stop, that is unless you want a "knuckle sandwich".

LO - When you say "right on cue" it means you were literally just talking about something and then it happens, you cant be talking about injuries and then Williams hits a three and you say "right on cue". Also, you are the color guy, not play by play, no need for you to describe the action, just add comments - hence the term.

Sideline Reporter - Why are you there?. Your insight is telling us a player just got helped off the court and is in the locker room. We just saw it happen!! Or you say with 3 minutes into the game (not 3 minutes left) that Williams has zero points (We knew that) and Miners need to find other scorers - THE GAME JUST STARTED!! - wait to make that comment at halftime if applicable. Why don't you stop an assistant at halftime and ask what adjustments need to be made? Just literally watch any game on TV and see how they do it.

Guys stop treating us as uneducated basketball fans, we're not!

Listen to the Rice broadcast team, especially Ben Braun - excellent job and inisght..

Last edited:
Couple notes:

DK - Stop using the term "bugaboo" - This is not 1957, and unless you are going to start calling the team "cagers", just stop, that is unless you want a "knuckle sandwich".

LH - When you say "right on cue" it means you were literally just talking about something and then it happens, you cant be talking about injuries and then Williams hits a three and you say "right on cue". Also, you are the color guy, not play by play, no need for you to describe the action, just add comments - hence the term.

Sideline Reporter - Why are you there?. Your insight is telling us a player just got helped off the court and is in the locker room. We just saw it happen!! Or you say with 3 minutes into the game (not 3 minutes left) that Williams has zero points (We knew that) and Miners need to find other scorers - THE GAME JUST STARTED!! - wait to make that comment at halftime if applicable. Why don't you stop an assistant at halftime and ask what adjustments need to be made? Just literally watch any game on TV and see how they do it.

Listen to the Rice broadcast team, especially Ben Braun - excellent job and inisght..
Excellent, excellent post. My biggest complaint is with the guy that gives you the updates on scores during the local radio broadcasts: word salad, sport cliches and wasted time galore.

Sideline reporters in general are useless.

I remember a few years ago, we had someone at the update desk who pretty much couldn't read or talk. They accidentally left Teicher's mic open at half one time and he kept saying, "Come on [I forgot his name], spit it out, spit it out!" I find Mondo's insistence on referring to every obscure team's mascot annoying, it definitely could be worse.

Reactions: kickballpro
one time tiechers microphone was left on during a time out... pretty sure I am not the only one that heard it but some girl walked by and he kept saying FISHNET stalkings .... my g/f and I were rolling on the floor

Someone'sdrunk.
Couple notes:

LO - When you say "right on cue" it means you were literally just talking about something and then it happens, you cant be talking about injuries and then Williams hits a three and you say "right on cue". Also, you are the color guy, not play by play, no need for you to describe the action, just add comments - hence the term.

Sideline reporters are good for football, but not really basketball... Unless they are eager to gain any type of scoop. Don Haskins Center does not have much room for that. Don't hate on their broadcast, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the ESPN+ broadcast team we got for football. With every other word being "uh" or "ahh" Duke is good at what he does. The sideline reporter is cute, let her be, it's what, 30 seconds out of the whole broadcast... Let's focus on the shitty coaching... lol

Reactions: Autograph Boy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT