ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Basketball Schedule Released

As I said, 20 wins is the minimum. And that's for now. In a few seasons, I hope 25 wins is the minimum. The minimum meaning we don't bitch and moan too much or call for Golding to step down.
I agree with this. Due to the damn near complete roster overhaul, and it being only Golding’s 2nd year, 20 wins is a good target for this season.

He can’t have another year of even half a roster change, needs to hang onto his starters, and he needs to improve the record year by year. I think that’s realistic and about where we’re at right now.

UTEP has no prospects because the football program sucks. The facilities and program need to improve so we have options in the future.
Charlotte has a 37-68 all-time record, with 10 of those wins coming before FBS, and 1 bowl appearance. They still got into the AAC. Their football program sucks, doesn’t it?

I agree with this. Due to the damn near complete roster overhaul, and it being only Golding’s 2nd year, 20 wins is a good target for this season.

He can’t have another year of even half a roster change, needs to hang onto his starters, and he needs to improve the record year by year. I think that’s realistic and about where we’re at right now.
What if he goes 0-2 or 0-3 vs NMSU?

I have always been the extreme optimist awaiting the start of BB season. Seems like there's always been one or two new guys to get excited about, but not this year. Golding says the new group represents his type of players: blue collar kids.
Anxious as ever for the new season as I have bought into his gung ho attitude.
The jury is still out.

Reactions: mikesarabia
With the addition of Liberty and NMSU, could C-USA basketball improve enough to become more than a one bid conference in basketball? I'm not holding my breath on it, but it would be nice. The conference has shed some of the dead weight in basketball but obviously, will need to step up to be recognized.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915

I'll take that as long as we see a hard working team that is improved by years end, CG is able to show that he can make some in game adjustments (especially on defense if needed) AND he has an idea of where the team stands at PG and center.

Last edited:
Yes. What are your thoughts on his recruiting?
Honestly, it's hard to say. The way recruiting and the transfer portal is these days, it makes it tough. I don't think Golding will ever go after the big prospects. In addition, which kid would be impressed with a coach from Abilene? He needs to coach up these guys and build a reputation.

It may turn out to be a good class, or it may suck. We tend to go over the top both ways only to be wrong later. I choose to wait n see this time.

Haskins spoiled the old time fans by building up his players better than their talent rating. The Miners habitually overachieved on the court. It would be nice if Golding could do a similar job of getting the most out of his teams. Recruiting and transfer portals make college basketball a different beast these days. That's a whole new challenge for Golding. Let's hope he's up to it.

Haskins spoiled the old time fans by building up his players better than their talent rating. The Miners habitually overachieved on the court.
Christ, it's year two and he had a mass defection. It's not like he is going on the radio and saying "I need five years! I said at my interview I need five years!"

Honestly, it's hard to say. The way recruiting and the transfer portal is these days, it makes it tough. I don't think Golding will ever go after the big prospects. In addition, which kid would be impressed with a coach from Abilene? He needs to coach up these guys and build a reputation.

It may turn out to be a good class, or it may suck. We tend to go over the top both ways only to be wrong later. I choose to wait n see this time.
I thought his reputation was that he beat Texas in the NCAA. That's why he was hired at UTEP. He hasn't really hit on any recruiting yet aside from maybe Sibley

I thought his reputation was that he beat Texas in the NCAA. That's why he was hired at UTEP. He hasn't really hit on any recruiting yet aside from maybe Sibley
So you're saying everyone he brought in for this year is a bust already.....Got it...

This years roster is a massive reload. Golding doesn't come across as a whiner. I just want to see how he does. If he gets to 20 wins or more I'll think he's doing ok.

So you're saying everyone he brought in for this year is a bust already.....Got it...
Definitely not what I said. I think Hardy and Solomon will be decent for CUSA, but if you think he's done well in recruiting then to each his own...I guess we have different definitions.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Definitely not what I said. I think Hardy and Solomon will be decent for CUSA, but if you think he's done well in recruiting then to each his own...I guess we have different definitions.
You said "he hasn't hit on any recruiting yet" which implies you think the kids he brought in this year are busts before they play a game. You can't always look at ratings. Now, they could all suck or some can shine....we will see soon.

Just an FYI: Ticket prices keep decreasing for the Texas game if anybody is interested in going. Don't be a dumbass and pay $309 for a ticket. Tickets are less than $100 on StubHub.

Just an FYI: Ticket prices keep decreasing for the Texas game if anybody is interested in going. Don't be a dumbass and pay $309 for a ticket. Tickets are less than $100 on StubHub.
Lol. Some people don't want nosebleed seats. I recommend to pay what you're able to afford.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Lol. Some people don't want nosebleed seats. I recommend to pay what you're able to afford.

You said the cheapest ticket is $309 in Section 123. You can buy two tickets on StubHub in Section 123, Row B for $259.15.

I recommend not being a dumbass and overpay.

You said the cheapest ticket is $309 in Section 123. You can buy two tickets on StubHub in Section 123, Row B for $259.15.

I recommend not being a dumbass and overpay.
Prices and seats available change constantly. On the day I said the cheapest tickets in 123 were $309 is cuz that's what they were at.

It sounds like the people that bought them for $80-95 in 123 aren't looking like dumbasses right now.

Prices and seats available change constantly. On the day I said the cheapest tickets in 123 were $309 is cuz that's what they were at.

It sounds like the people that bought them for $80-95 in 123 aren't looking like dumbasses right now.

Thanks for proving my point that ticket prices would decrease.

I said the people that paid $305 are dumbasses. The people that paid $80-$95 are smart. There are still a number of tickets less than $100. The prices will continue to go down.

Thanks for proving my point that ticket prices would decrease.

I said the people that paid $305 are dumbasses. The people that paid $80-$95 are smart. There are still a number of tickets less than $100. The prices will continue to go down.
Nice way to move the goal posts. Last month people that paid $95 were dumbasses.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Since he's in the area, I wonder if Tydus Verhoeven will attend the DePaul game to cheer on his former team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT