ADVERTISEMENT

Mens BB first exibition game

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
(According to the EP Times) it will be held August 12th at 5:30 pm. All tickets $10 as a fundraiser for the Costa Rica trip. It will be the veterans against the newcomers after a 3-point contest and dunk contest. Autographs from players will be available after the game and fans can also vote for the starting line-up of the 1st game in Costa Rica.

Also team pictures were taken last week so I suspect the posters will be available too. Annual team scrimmage will Oct 21st.

(According to the EP Times) it will be held August 12th at 5:30 pm. All tickets $10 as a fundraiser for the Costa Rica trip. It will be the veterans against the newcomers after a 3-point contest and dunk contest. Autographs from players will be available after the game and fans can also vote for the starting line-up of the 1st game in Costa Rica.

Also team pictures were taken last week so I suspect the posters will be available too. Annual team scrimmage will Oct 21st.

I'll go.

Speaking of good ideas, doesn't it seem like the UTEP athletic department has more of them lately and more energy as well? What the hell is going on? Did Stull retire?
That's what happens when fans email the school president pissed off, and people don't show up to games.

A lot of you guys on here deserve credit for pressing the issue and making yourself heard as you should.

Fans losing interest, means fans lose their investments in the programs, UTEP had to regroup, and props to them, but that losing streak in hoops seemed to do more good than bad imo.

They should have thought ahead and played the game in Ruidoso since that is during camp. Had a morning football practice. Afternoon bball game. Community bbq at night.

That's what happens when fans email the school president pissed off, and people don't show up to games.

A lot of you guys on here deserve credit for pressing the issue and making yourself heard as you should.

Fans losing interest, means fans lose their investments in the programs, UTEP had to regroup, and props to them, but that losing streak in hoops seemed to do more good than bad imo.
I was one of those who emailed The Good Doctor and got a couple of resposes, although. I was never convinced that it wasn't a robot that assured me of the healing on the horizon.

Reactions: sportsfan5000
Speaking of good ideas, doesn't it seem like the UTEP athletic department has more of them lately and more energy as well? What the hell is going on? Did Stull retire?

This is all the work of Chris Park. He is Stull's brightest protege to date. He is responsible for the marketing campaign and new food option. I really hope since Stull's contract expires on June 30, 2019 that they make Chris Park the ad in waiting. He's very innovative and is great with donors. He would be a prolific fundraiser. If we don't lock him down someone will get a he'll of an AD. Stull will be 73 at the end of his contract, the prevailing thought is that he will retire. Chris Park is exactly the kind of ad this program needs. However, I'm afraid we will let him go. I'm 90% confidant that the next ad is Lisa Campos from NAU, who started her career in sports administration under Stull. I'm not near as excited about the prospect of Campos as the ad. It would be a big mistake to let Chris Park walk out the door.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how I can get a physical copy of the schedule posters for FB and BB? I am out of town... But I want to hang them in my office space :) I will gladly pay...

I will be there for shits and giggles my starting lineup will be all freshman.
Let them showcase what they bring to the tale. It doesn't mean they can't
be relieved after a few plays if they can't get it going.

Go Miners...

I wish they had a fundraiser for me so i can go to costa rica and watch them play. I would gladly carry some bags .

I wonder how many people are actually going to show up and pay $10 to watch a scrimmage. I think it would have been better to charge $5 or even less and have more people attend and possibly raise more money.

Stop being cheap sportsfan. Would you also like a free hot dog and soda??

Sports fan and filiutep have a point. UTEP needs the money but
unfortunately a lot of people can't afford going to a game with a
family of four. You are talking soda snacks and tickets. You would
spend easy over 100 bill.

Go Miners.

Reactions: sportsfan5000
Are tickets for this sold only at the door? I can't go due to the distance but I'll gladly fork over $10.

Go Miners.

Leave the family at home then.

Some updated weights on UTEP athletics.
Wade 6'6" 205lbs
Thomas 6'8" 210 lbs
Willms and Jones 7'1" and 6'11" 240lbs
Smith 6'9" 250lbs
St. Pierre 6'10" 280 lbs

This is a big athletic team up front and what some of you have been waiting for (including me). I know a few of them have some baby fat though.

Look for Thomas to slide into the SF position when CTF goes big. That will be his spot if he goes pro anyway. He is athletic enough to do it but the real key is his mid-range game is excellent (way beyond what Vince Hunter had at this point in his career).

IMO dunk winner will be Wade and 3-point winner will be Touchet.

**Request**

Won't be able to make it in to EP like I originally intended.

Please, whoever goes to the game and whoever feels so inclined...write-ups from various perspectives would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Reactions: axingfools1

Go Miners.

I didn't even take into account concessions. I really don't see how they are going to attract the average fan with a 40 minute scrimmage and a slam dunk and three point contest. My guess is less than 1,000 people will attend.

I didn't even take into account concessions. I really don't see how they are going to attract the average fan with a 40 minute scrimmage and a slam dunk and three point contest. My guess is less than 1,000 people will attend.

Will that include you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT