ADVERTISEMENT

Miner/Aggies Part 2

Mar 7, 2013
Missed the first game and from what I was told the both teams appeared off their games. Wednesday's game might be a bit different as both teams have had a few more games to get adjusted. Going to be a contrast in style as I doubt our offensive ability and I have equal doubt in NMSU defense. Both have deep benches and give the intangibles to the Miners after watching them grit out 3 wins over quality/average competition. I think it's going to be a pretty tough game and give us a more on the assessment of this years team.

I don't know what to anticipate this Wednesday? NMSU took care of San Diego but got thumped by a better UC Irvine team. These Miners beat athletic mid majors last week and NMSU at the Don. UTEP shouldn't be bothered at the Pan Am since playing at the Moody. Golding stated prior to the first match up his awareness of how important it is to turn the tide in the rivalry that NMSU has dominated the last few years. If UTEP plays well and pulls it out I personally will feel good going into December and January.

But there is a reason why they are called rivalry games.

UTEP 60
NMSU 61

I think we take this one by 1 in OT.

Secret sauce ingredient #1 is bench points, IMO. Not many players on Golding's bench are getting splinters from sitting too long, and they're being productive. We were +22 bench points against UTAM, +10 against CSU Bakersfield, -4 against Alcorn and +14 against the Aggies in the first game.
Derick Hamilton came off the bench in the last game and drove to the rim from the above the free throw line for a slam. Who saw that coming? What other tricks does this team have up its sleeve?
Secret sauce #2 is grit and determination. 3 successful OTs in a 5 and 1 schedule will build some confidence.

Miners 70
Victims 69

Last edited:
Have to agree both Kalu and Onyema pick up fouls almost every game. Kalu gets his trying for rebounds while Onyema seems to get a illegal pick or PCF call almost every game. If these two can't stay in the game and be a factor on the boards we may find ourselves hurting. Aggies have a lot of talent and it's going to explode one night, big question is if or when they can put it together. Miners on the other hand appear to be a bit further along that road but like the Aggies still trying to put it together as well. This game is really hard to call because of so many unknowns but after the last 10 years or so of watching us perform up in Las Cruces hard to see us winning this one. 58-65 Aggies.

Reactions: Prospero915
Their logo has taken on new meaning:
640px-New_Mexico_State_Aggies_logo.svg.png

I heard unihorn has volunteered to frisk the Aggie male and female cheerleaders and Mario Mocha for ammo, guns, knives, cannon, and machetes before and afrer the game. Thank you for keeping us safe, uni!

The last Miner win I attended there was when Culpepper went off on them and we won. Their redneck fans were screaming “SMURF” at him. Typical aggroid redass idiots.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Their logo has taken on new meaning:
640px-New_Mexico_State_Aggies_logo.svg.png
Ouch!

Z.O. and Kalu just need to stop pushing off when under the basket, especially Kalu. Refs will call it every time. Hamilton is a big body and has been a pleasant surprise when the other 2 get in foul trouble. Z.O has developed a strong game inside otherwise but just needs to stay out of foul trouble. Frazier will be needed. I can see MM stepping up Wednesday night. His energy is needed.

Reactions: unihorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT