ADVERTISEMENT

Miner basketball on TV

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Maybe this has been covered here before. If so, my apologies. But I was just looking at the Miner basketball team's schedule on the official website and noticed that only four games are listed as having any kind of televised broadcast: the three games of the Diamond Head Classic, which are on ESPN networks, and the home game against WKU, which is on Stadium on Facebook, whatever the hell that is. Now before someone points out that Miner hoops has had three straight losing seasons, take a look at the football team's schedule. Coming into this year the football team had four straight losing seasons, with a record of 1-23 in the last two. Yet out of our 12 games, nine are/were on either ESPN3 or ESPN+, one on FSN, and one on the NFL Network. That's 11 out of 12 games televised for perhaps the worst program in the country. But CUSA couldn't get enough of a presence on ESPN3/+ to get a fair percentage of our basketball games broadcast? That's pathetic.

I'm sure that someone is going to point out that one could always purchase Miner TV. True. But ESPN+ is cheaper, ESPN3 is free, and the production quality is better. It must suck to have to tell a recruit's parents that they can see their kids play - as long as they pony up $10.95/month for Miner TV. While CUSA's football television deal isn't great, it's miles better than their basketball deal.

I use an old stand alone DVR to pipe in the am radio of Teicher which I can pause and then pull up ESPN+ on the tv. I have gotten pretty good at aligning the audio with the video.
it's Won in the house! Welcome back!

Looks like all 14 initial conference games are on some form of stream/tv.

CUSA will miss out by not broadcasting the UNM and NMSU games. Those two should have a big basketball atmosphere and intense matchup. Other than that 18 of 27 games will be available to watch. If we make the top pod I’m assuming all four will also broadcast somewhere.

Looks like Miner TV and CUSA TV are history. I'm gonna do a version of MinersWon trick to sync Teich with the stream.
Also, it seems you can use VLC to stream the game and add a delay so it'll match the OTA broadcast. You might like this method better, Won.
At 5$ per month it's a cheaper and better quality than MinerTV and they won't cut off the last minute of a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: miner1liner
CUSA will miss out by not broadcasting the UNM and NMSU games. Those two should have a big basketball atmosphere and intense matchup.

Yeah, only ESPN, CBSSN, and Stadium passed up on those intense matchups. Fox could have had them sublicensed if they wanted them. Oh well.

Looks like Miner TV and CUSA TV are history. I'm gonna do a version of MinersWon trick to sync Teich with the stream.
Also, it seems you can use VLC to stream the game and add a delay so it'll match the OTA broadcast. You might like this method better, Won.
At 5$ per month it's a cheaper and better quality than MinerTV and they won't cut off the last minute of a game.
I was wrong about that! utepminers.com now shows most of the preconference games as being on CUSA TV.

Reactions: miner1liner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT