ADVERTISEMENT

Miner Golf

66miners

Starter
Mar 28, 2005
I noticed UTEP was playing in the Western Intercollegiate golf tourney yesterday on the Golf Channel (probably a replay). Anyone know where I can get one of those UTEP golf caps?

I noticed UTEP was playing in the Western Intercollegiate golf tourney yesterday on the Golf Channel (probably a replay). Anyone know where I can get one of those UTEP golf caps?

Is it the one with the older paydirt Pete with a golf club in his hand?

Last edited:
The last couple of weeks have been filled with bad news for El Paso with Great Wolf Lodge pulling out, downtown arena possibly getting scratched and now Butterfield Trail Golf Club shutting down. Although I don’t live there anymore, It’s sad to see the city regress.

The last couple of weeks have been filled with bad news for El Paso with Great Wolf Lodge pulling out, downtown arena possibly getting scratched and now Butterfield Trail Golf Club shutting down. Although I don’t live there anymore, It’s sad to see the city regress.

You don’t live here, but I do and I can tell you these are good things. The city is lucky no work had been done on the Great Wolf or the arena. Almost every business will be changed forever, most for the worse.

Sucks to see the golf course go, but I’m sure if it were making real money and actually bringing tourists here, they would have kept it open. Sucks for the golf people as this is the second course to close in a year.

Not regress, just not moving forward. I think the golf course will reopen

You don’t live here, but I do and I can tell you these are good things. The city is lucky no work had been done on the Great Wolf or the arena. Almost every business will be changed forever, most for the worse.

Sucks to see the golf course go, but I’m sure if it were making real money and actually bringing tourists here, they would have kept it open. Sucks for the golf people as this is the second course to close in a year.

That’s your opinion, but I disagree with you. The arena, Great Wolf and Butterfield are quality of life projects that a city the size of El Paso lacks and needs. The city has to invest in itself in order to attract good employers and not the same low paying call centers. There’s a reason why El Paso has experienced a brain drain over the last 30 years or so...there’s nothing there to do. I know the pandemic had a lot to do with Great Wolf pulling the plug, but I was surprised they didn’t put things on hold. Many people were against the Chihuahua’s ball park stadium in downtown and they’ve been a success story. I may not live there, but I have family there and visit often.

That’s your opinion, but I disagree with you. The arena, Great Wolf and Butterfield are quality of life projects that a city the size of El Paso lacks and needs. The city has to invest in itself in order to attract good employers and not the same low paying call centers. There’s a reason why El Paso has experienced a brain drain over the last 30 years or so...there’s nothing there to do. I know the pandemic had a lot to do with Great Wolf pulling the plug, but I was surprised they didn’t put things on hold. Many people were against the Chihuahua’s ball park stadium in downtown and they’ve been a success story. I may not live there, but I have family there and visit often.

There is a lot to do in El Paso. Sure, we don't have a lot of things other big cities have, but I would rather live in El Paso with a great commute than live in other places with horrible commutes.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
If you play in the UTEP Golf fundraiser (the Miner Masters) they hand those hats out to every participant. This years fundraiser is next Monday at 1pm at EPCC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT