ADVERTISEMENT

Miners beat every team in their bracket .....

Call me crazy, but I think I might be more afraid of FIU than either UTSA or ODU.

We beat UTSA by 20 in San Antonio, We would have probably beaten them by 20 in El Paso if they hadn't made every single thing they threw at the basket in first 5 minutes of the game.

We're just a bad matchup for ODU.

Freeman is everything for ODU, my money would be on Washburn shutting him down again. I would think we could take either utsa or fiu on a neutral court, but you never know with this team.

UTSA scares me in just the fact that Miners will be going for the third victory against UTSA which isn't an easy task

Technically, isn't every team in CUSA in one bracket therefore we didn't really beat every team?

But yes, it appears good for us. "Appears".....

By their I meant their side of the bracket. Thanks for being extra clear for everyone who might not understand what I meant. Take care.

I suspect every game, beyond the first one in the tournament, could go down to the wire for the Miners. They just seem to have difficulty putting teams away these days. Not saying the Miners don't have the tools to win the CUSA tournament, but when did they last win a $$$ game? That sounds pessimistic on my part, but I'm just hoping that history doesn't repeat itself.

That doesn't sound pessimistic as much as it sounds realistic. It's been a while since the Miners have won a "$$$" game. Xavier is as close to a money game that they've won this year imo, and that was what seems like a long damn time ago now. It all depends on which Miner team shows up, and in particular, whether the guards show up on a night they are needed. I'm hoping with every fiber in my being that the stars align just right this week.

Every team is Conference USA scares me. UTEP can lose to any team and Conference USA and they have shown they can. UTEP also has the ability that they can beat the top teams too. You never know which team will show up on the court.

Inside play

Coach Sadler called it like he saw it when UTEP blew it there two weeks ago. He pointed out how UTEP's size just causes so many match up problems for most teams and he has not seen a team as big as UTEP this year. UTEP needs to just throw it down to Hunter, wait for the triple team and boom! Kick it out to an open player like he did all night against UNT.

Cedric Lang might want to send the CUSA officiating crew some of the gulf coast finest hooch and put in a letter saying "sorry for my size and strength. God made me this way!"

Poor dude gets two fouls per game just for standing and playing defense.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/9 10:52 AM by utep2step

The biggest concern I have is our depth. Playing 3 games in 3 days takes a LOT out of a team. We only go 8 deep while other teams are going 9 and 10 deep. Seeing as how UTSA is playing the night before and then have to turn around and play at a day game, they don't worry me too much. I don't know why people are discounting ODU either. They have a good team and are deeper than we are. It's not like we can go to the bench either. The 8 we play are the ones available.

my bad, UTSA is playing at noon the day before.
This post was edited on 3/9 2:53 PM by jdubb66

Well, we've played ODU twice over the last couple of years. They haven't broken 50 against us, and have shot under 30% overall and under 20% from three combined. As we've seen throughout the year, we've learned that we really can't take anything for granted. But with those numbers, you have to be pretty confident going into that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT